placement hierachy (trades)

ALEX4398

Does any one have the specific language pertaining to rule 1.5 when placing laid off trades. I have heard Saline may put on trades and was wondering what the procedure might be.

if saline has trades working production and saline is there home plant. they do not have to post a trade opening. they would just take them off production and put them back on trades.

if saline has trades working production and saline is there home plant. they do not have to post a trade opening. they would just take them off production and put them back on trades.

Home plant are the key words here. Most trades working production are temps at Saline.

Gentlemen the 1.5 rule is a local addon to the heirachy placement rules set down in the national contract which are in layman's terms1) layed off personnel 2)any "protective status" personnel (that would include any trades back to prod. from other facilities) 3) zone placement by seniority....and so on. But here at the Rouge all trades are centrally located at the M + C Unit located in the Engine plant and are not "assigned" to the buildings in the Rouge (ie final assembly) but loaned to them. So we as tradesmen working in final or other buildings in production and since we have never worked in the M + C unit the rules are bypassed so to speak so it goes from rule 1 and skips to rule 3. This is only at the Rouge because of its central maint. if you were at say Mich. Assy. it would follow the steps in order. The 1.5 rule reinstates the placement rules for the Rouge exactly how they are supposed to be and no longer skips over us tradesmen who are in production from other facilities so now if a job opening comes to the Rouge, after layed off tradesmen we get first crack (by seniority of course) at the position before it goes to the "Zone list". Hope this was helpful if you have any other questions feel free to contact me on here or i currently work on B crew at final in the frame yard driving hilo ask for "Moose". May we all get back to our tools soon!!!

Gentlemen the 1.5 rule is a local addon to the heirachy placement rules set down in the national contract which are in layman's terms1) layed off personnel 2)any "protective status" personnel (that would include any trades back to prod. from other facilities) 3) zone placement by seniority....and so on. But here at the Rouge all trades are centrally located at the M + C Unit located in the Engine plant and are not "assigned" to the buildings in the Rouge (ie final assembly) but loaned to them. So we as tradesmen working in final or other buildings in production and since we have never worked in the M + C unit the rules are bypassed so to speak so it goes from rule 1 and skips to rule 3. This is only at the Rouge because of its central maint. if you were at say Mich. Assy. it would follow the steps in order. The 1.5 rule reinstates the placement rules for the Rouge exactly how they are supposed to be and no longer skips over us tradesmen who are in production from other facilities so now if a job opening comes to the Rouge, after layed off tradesmen we get first crack (by seniority of course) at the position before it goes to the "Zone list". Hope this was helpful if you have any other questions feel free to contact me on here or i currently work on B crew at final in the frame yard driving hilo ask for "Moose". May we all get back to our tools soon!!!

Thats Local 600 for ya.

I would wonder then what protection would be offered to those of us from Ypsi, Monroe, Wixom, Maumee etc.. If an opening at any plant was taken by someone from the rouge that would in-turn create an opening at the rouge. This then per rule 1.5 is filled by someone from the rouge and never be bid out to all laid-off trades. The closed plant trades are at a disadvantage because we will never be first, second or third in the hierarchy. Am I understanding this wrong? I was happy to see the elect. bids go up. Hoping for retrain to fill the opening they leave behind.

I would wonder then what protection would be offered to those of us from Ypsi, Monroe, Wixom, Maumee etc.. If an opening at any plant was taken by someone from the rouge that would in-turn create an opening at the rouge. This then per rule 1.5 is filled by someone from the rouge and never be bid out to all laid-off trades. The closed plant trades are at a disadvantage because we will never be first, second or third in the hierarchy. Am I understanding this wrong? I was happy to see the elect. bids go up. Hoping for retrain to fill the opening they leave behind.

There is no protection.....At KTP they pulled two people off the line a year ago, who had never held a trade classification, and made them temporary millwrights with no end date in sight.

You know this to be FACT? Sorry but I'm skeptical of most of the shit posted here.

The appeal has been assigned to C. Browning assistant to King, according to King's office (called yesterday) it may take some time to rule.... The constitution provides for appeals, and a member has specific time limits to deal with when filing an appeal, but obviously the international can choose to sit on it as long as they want.... If interested give Kings office (solidarity house) a call and urge the international to rule....observe due process right to speedy appeal

You know this to be FACT? Sorry but I'm skeptical of most of the shit posted here.

This is fact...these guys came on close to a year ago and work midnight shift in final area...it's happening.

Edited by Ktp1989

This is fact...these guys came on close to a year ago and work midnight shift in final area...it's happening.

The international will have to rule soon, personally I think their waiting till the election ends at KTP. With this type of action no trade is safe, its my opinion the use of temp trades at KTP is a control issue. The whole incident started when the management team at KTP tried to get some safety PM's signed off by some millwrights, management called them drive by PM's. So millwrights took a look at the hoists and overhead equipment that production was using, and wholly shit....THERE WAS NO WAY THEY WERE LOOKING THE OTHER WAY ON THIS STUFF, some of the jobs were shut down immediately!! Drive by indeed.... So managements reaction was, these PM's were obviously being pencil whipped prior to this inspection, no way this equipment got this bad, since it's last inspection. So the management team, with the union's blessing, said we need to pull a couple of people off the line and make them millwrights because its obvious this equipment hasn't been getting the proper inspections by the millwrights at the plant.......Yeah right, they didn't want to discuss who the management people were that were counter signing the PM's..... The whole thing is a control issue, millwrights wrote up some safety issues pissed off management, managements reaction was fuck you, you don't want to row in the right direction, we'll replace you with people we can control.....And if these temp millwrights write up the wrong shit (lol like they know what their looking at) we'll put them back on the line and replace them....Which probably explains the stellar safety record at KTP