T & D temps wanted @ Saline?

playball31

I was canvassed and labor told me i couldn't take something permanent if it came available if I signed up for the temp posting. I was shocked to see how many union tool and die brothers are off their tools though. 73 guys laid off or working production and there are guys out there working 7 days a week and still outsourcing work. Solidarity for ya.

• Like 1

I was canvassed and labor told me i couldn't take something permanent if it came available if I signed up for the temp posting. I was shocked to see how many union tool and die brothers are off their tools though. 73 guys laid off or working production and there are guys out there working 7 days a week and still outsourcing work. Solidarity for ya.

Sounds like labor is full of crap. Working in a temp position your still considered ILO or out of work. You can still put in for postings while your working as a temp.

Sounds like labor is full of crap. Working in a temp position your still considered ILO or out of work. You can still put in for postings while your working as a temp.

How much of your future would you be willing to gamble on that?

Correct.......

Many loans and returns since the JSP suspension as well as filling permanent postings while working skilled temp.

This is the process as it continues today

i am working by a tool and die person working production with 20 years at ford as tool and die. i don't care what anyone says, he and all higher seniority trades working production should be able to displace lower seniority working in the trade in zone!

• Like 1

i am working by a tool and die person working production with 20 years at ford as tool and die. i don't care what anyone says, he and all higher seniority trades working production should be able to displace lower seniority working in the trade in zone!

So your advocating for a change in the current agreement?

As of now there is no violation of this 20 year T&D working in production.

Maybe they will negotiate zone or company wide seniority bumping, as of now it doesn't exist in the current agreement.

I would much rather see more product and investment negotiated so ALL can work, not just lash out against low seniority.

So your advocating for a change in the current agreement?

As of now there is no violation of this 20 year T&D working in production.

Maybe they will negotiate zone or company wide seniority bumping, as of now it doesn't exist in the current agreement.

I would much rather see more product and investment negotiated so ALL can work, not just lash out against low seniority.

I disagree. i do not want $14 workers. seniority must mean something other than retirement. put yourself in that guys situation as a production employee. is it right?.....really?

I disagree. i do not want $14 workers. seniority must mean something other than retirement. put yourself in that guys situation as a production employee. is it right?.....really?

Please read what I responded below slowly so you can digest it.

I would much rather see more product and investment negotiated so ALL can work,

not just lash out against low seniority.

What does my quote above say about $14 per hour, retirement??? Product and investment gets everybody permanently back in their trade. Win Win.

Lighten up Francis

Edited by louie

Please read what I responded below slowly so you can digest it.

I would much rather see more product and investment negotiated so ALL can work,

not just lash out against low seniority.

What does my quote above say about $14 per hour, retirement??? Product and investment gets everybody permanently back in their trade. Win Win.

Lighten up Francis

ok lou, read slow.... more product and investment equals what?? any guess? $14hr! they want trades gone period!

ok lou, read slow.... more product and investment equals what?? any guess? $14hr! they want trades gone period!

I guess you didn't read slow enough so I will spell it out for you:

1) You are advocating a change in the new agreement so you have the ability to displace lower seniority working in your trade by zone or company wide

2) I posted the best scenario is the IUAW negotiate more investment in our plants to justify returning all trades so that everyone works (no need to displace)

3) I stated that this is a win win for everyone since product and investment = job security

4) The benefits of the last agreement will bring additional shifts on at MAP, CAP and LAP( which in turn brings in more laid off trades)

5) I never said anything about retirement

6) I never said anything about production

7) I never said anything about $14 per hour

Again I simply stated the best option is product and investment. Apparently you would just be satisfied impacting someone else in your position without fixing the real problem which is more and more product and investment

I hope we get another good agreement with product to fill our plants for real job security. I especially hope AAI gets more work

BTW did you sign up to work in your trade on the Saline postings or are you involved in this conspiracy theory that developed in this thread?

With 20 years you should have enough time to get a shot to work in your trade.

Good luck............. Hope you didn't get caught up in that drama

• Like 1

Louie doesn't know jack Shhhh..

he works in the locker room handing towels out to the workers near the sinks.

Not bad Chuckie.....

Locker room, towels and sinks.

Still kinda stale. Kinda the same stuff

You got anything new??

Come on, with all of your talent you should have some good material to make us laugh.

I dont care if its directed towards me, just get some new, funny relevant or irrelevant material.

• Like 1