2012 Focus Titanium MFT Issues

tspindle

Has version 2.11 showed up on Sync My Ride yet for anyone else? Mine still shows that I have V2.10 and "Waiting to Download 0 Items". I assume that means that 2.11 is not available on the website yet. What does it say when there is an update, I assume that 0 will be come a 1? Or should I be looking somewhere else?

You need to go to your dealer to get the 2.11 update.

I got the 2.11 update. It took the dealer almost three days to get it done. I'm not blaming them, necessarily, but clearly an update like this should not take 3 days. Either Ford needs to work on the process, or they need to train their dealer mechanics better, or the dealer needs to fix issues. Supposedly, the dealer fried some computer of theirs in the process (first day), had to order a cable the second, which arrived on the third and they were able to finish the process.

So far the one bug I've noticed is fixed is the stereo always coming on every time I start the car, regardless of the fact that it was turned off before I shut the car off the last time I drove it. That is definitely fixed. I haven't used my iPod since the upgrade, so I'm not sure if any issues were fixed there. MFT is still painfully slow at times--worst being a short time after starting the car. I have not had a crash since the upgrade--have to see if that continues to hold true, as I only got the car back last Wednesday. I have noticed that the stereo will not turn off under one particular condition, though. I turn the stereo off, stop the car, then put the car into accessories mode. I then press eject to change CDs for the audiobook I'm listening to. After inserting the next CD, the stereo will not shut off until after I have exited the car, even though I'm no longer in accessories mode. I'm not sure if it used to have that bug, or if it was introduced with 2.11.

Seems to me it's Ford's responsibility to ensure that their dealer techs know how to do this.

Ford has NO CONTROL over dealer techs. All they can do is make the training and information available to the dealers. They cannot force the dealers to upgrade their equipment or get rid of bad techs or anything else. Ford told the dealers they needed this cable BEFORE MFT equipped vehicles arrived. Some chose not to go get one. That is not Ford's fault.