Funny Buisness @ CAP

DriverMan

Apparently CAP is now going to tag relief ?? Group Leaders and General Utilities are being surveyed, to fill the positions????????????? Then, Apparently the people that will back fill all of those vacancys will be done through a survey????????

CAP no longer has non pro postings, so why would the union be surveying people??????????? Just wondering if the rest of the senority employees agree with this?

CAP no longer has non pro postings, so why would the union be surveying people???????????

To identify the candidates by seniority, obviously.

Why wouldn't you ask your Committeeman, Bargaining Rep, Chairman or Local President before coming on here for a rumor??

This is the last place I would come if I was truly interested in the truth !!!!

Why wouldn't you ask your Committeeman, Bargaining Rep, Chairman or Local President before coming on here for a rumor??

its real hard to get any info at CAP. real hard.

Edited by chassisgrunt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THAT IS NOT A RUMOR THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

At Livonia we had a posting up last week for 1500 jobs at Chicago so if this confirms a 3rd shift would it make sense to post for jobs that will be temporary? We were told that 3rd shift at CAP will not be tag relief. At Livonia if you bid on a job that keeps you from bidding for 3 months. I am thinking of transferring due to the stability of CAP. Here my Union brothers and sisters would love the stability of a place like CAP. Problem is selling our houses.

At Livonia we had a posting up last week for 1500 jobs at Chicago so if this confirms a 3rd shift would it make sense to post for jobs that will be temporary? We were told that 3rd shift at CAP will not be tag relief. At Livonia if you bid on a job that keeps you from bidding for 3 months. I am thinking of transferring due to the stability of CAP. Here my Union brothers and sisters would love the stability of a place like CAP. Problem is selling our houses.

I'm fairly certain that before shutdown they reposted the bids with the correction of 190 for CAP and said the 1500 was a mistake. I'm not positive, but I know they reduced the number at one of the plants and I thought it was CAP. I would guess that if it was CAP and the changed it to 190, that seems about right to me for switching to tag relief.

Apparently CAP is now going to tag relief ?? Group Leaders and General Utilities are being surveyed, to fill the positions????????????? Then, Apparently the people that will back fill all of those vacancys will be done through a survey????????

CAP no longer has non pro postings, so why would the union be surveying people??????????? Just wondering if the rest of the senority employees agree with this?

The union only surveyed general utilities not the group leaders and that is correct the nonpro was done away with so when you survey generals that is a lateral move to me that is a nonpro the seniority employees i spoke to were not happy nor did they feel it was right.

They did change the post at CAP. Seems like a strange set of events that 1500 jobs then 190 are posted. As I said I would love to go to Chicago but what we are hearing is that the Chairman at CAP is trying to protect the employees at CAP and let them have first crack at premium jobs before we can transfer to CAP. I have 17 years so I should be able to go and get a premium job at CAP before the members there are taken care of by their Chairman.

They did change the post at CAP. Seems like a strange set of events that 1500 jobs then 190 are posted. As I said I would love to go to Chicago but what we are hearing is that the Chairman at CAP is trying to protect the employees at CAP and let them have first crack at premium jobs before we can transfer to CAP. I have 17 years so I should be able to go and get a premium job at CAP before the members there are taken care of by their Chairman.

I'm not sure, exactly what you would consider a Premium Job, but there are over 700 LTS Employee's at CAP. They are working in the Body Shop ( Pretty Good Jobs) There are a lot of LTS Employee's hiring right into The Stock Department (Pretty Good Jobs) NOT BEING POSTED.I also heard they had LTS Employee's working over Shutdown Training for two weeks driving forklifts? In general most of the Employee's at CAP have between 15 to 25 years Seniority. The talk is we are going to three shifts in Jan/Feb and tag relief in Aug. Once on three shifts it will be 8 hours a shift with No OT from the rumors going around? The word is Ford wants to max out there Plants without OT.

Are some of you saying that the local Union committee at CAP better hold any and all open positions for you to arrive and bid on them? So in other words, your saying that at your current plant, bids open up, you would agree to the local Union holding these jobs until newly transferred members arrive?

For those of you coming on here and saying it’s wrong that the local Union took care of its membership by allowing them to bid to open jobs before the members transferred in, who are you trying to kid? Of course they are doing this, they have done it, they are doing it, and they should if they want to stay in office pure and simple.

I have 1987 Seniority, I didn’t expect anything other than being placed on the line when I transferred into Dearborn. When and if you decide to transfer, do yourself a favor, and understand that you’re no different than anyone else and prepare to work the worse jobs. When and if better jobs become available, then just simply bid for one of them. If you can handle that, and your family will benefit from the move, then go for it.

For those of you that have decided to make the move, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping and Body

• Like 1

Are some of you saying that the local Union committee at CAP better hold any and all open positions for you to arrive and bid on them? So in other words, your saying that at your current plant, bids open up, you would agree to the local Union holding these jobs until newly transferred members arrive?

For those of you coming on here and saying it’s wrong that the local Union took care of its membership by allowing them to bid to open jobs before the members transferred in, who are you trying to kid? Of course they are doing this, they have done it, they are doing it, and they should if they want to stay in office pure and simple.

I have 1987 Seniority, I didn’t expect anything other than being placed on the line when I transferred into Dearborn. When and if you decide to transfer, do yourself a favor, and understand that you’re no different than anyone else and prepare to work the worse jobs. When and if better jobs become available, then just simply bid for one of them. If you can handle that, and your family will benefit from the move, then go for it.

For those of you that have decided to make the move, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping and Body

But Jeff there have only been several opportunities in the last few years to move to some of these locations, so the answer is Yes. They should hold the premium jobs for as long as it takes some with almost 20 years to make up their mind what plants they want to work at.

/sarcasm off

P.S. email me my crap already

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

3rd shift ain't happening in Chicago. 190 openings is to cover those going back to Louisville. The people needed to cover tag relief have been or are in the process of being hired off the street. Half the Chicago plant is LTS. Cheaper to pay LTS's time & a half than to put a shift of seniority employees on.

3rd shift ain't happening in Chicago. 190 openings is to cover those going back to Louisville. The people needed to cover tag relief have been or are in the process of being hired off the street. Half the Chicago plant is LTS. Cheaper to pay LTS's time & a half than to put a shift of seniority employees on.

It will happen next April and they won't start hiring until the beginning of the year.

Chicago has been posted 3 times, nobody wants to go. LTS can turn into entry level because nobody wants this opportunity, including me.

Chicago has been posted 3 times, nobody wants to go. LTS can turn into entry level because nobody wants this opportunity, including me.

That is wrong.

They can NOT turn in to entry level positions. There are LTS's there right now with a year in and per contract it states they will be hired in after a year like other plants are doing properly. But per Union TODAY all LTS's that got in, sign a form per the UNION that states "you will not be hired in as a level 2 if you accept this LTS's position" I asked the Union person this and he had a balls to say "he was not there that day they got hired in" Where was the rest of the union, out to lunch ????

Funny thing is, several groups got hired in and all are the same. The UNION screwed these LTS's !!!!!! they are sleeping with the salaried people at Ford.....

PS: no I am not a LTS but I care about my brothers and sisters so I speak up for them all the time.......