Saline???? WTF your killing MAP

firedude26

was wondering if anyone has been fired over there for all the major screw ups that is happening. i heard Mark fields was there, MAP can run 250 cars per shift the past few days, no IP's. they say major machine issues.

It is really sad. Ford is losing sales. There are supposed to be major changes happening over shutdown at Saline. Saline could really cripple Ford if these machine changes do not help! The public will not wait 6-8 weeks for a car, so Saline better figure out what to do soon!! Is it the machinery, the people, WTF is the problem at Saline????????????

Poor design of new equipment. They went with a unproven machine that had only worked on paper. It has never made any of the cycle times promised by the machines builder. These decisions were made way above saline level I believe. And just because the pretty boy makes a walk thru of the plant does not mean the crap machine will start making good parts at the cycle time promised. As far as the workers go they cant even fart there are so many salaried walking around with clipboards. They are adding capacity to the system and will be coming on line soon hopefully this will help with the supply issues. And more than likely heads will roll but after they get the system ironed out.

• Like 1

Poor design of new equipment. They went with a unproven machine that had only worked on paper. It has never made any of the cycle times promised by the machines builder. These decisions were made way above saline level I believe.

I story I heard was that the decision was made in EU. Many eyebrows were raised in the US but top management kept singing "One Ford".

I have also heard that EU does not use the same machine vendor and that the US supplier never has done a machine exactly like this. Further more, US process engineers were supposed to figure out the issue as it is "too costly" to send people from EU over here.

The only thing this whole process has going for it is its a good looking product. They will get it ironed out soon. If we never did anything new we would still have door panels made out of particle board with fabric stretched over and stapled around the edges. In the short term a short supply of cars can create more interest in the car. Its a fine line though.

The only thing this whole process has going for it is its a good looking product. They will get it ironed out soon. If we never did anything new we would still have door panels made out of particle board with fabric stretched over and stapled around the edges. In the short term a short supply of cars can create more interest in the car. Its a fine line though.

short supply is leading some people to buying other companies cars and irritating people who ordered one, it's not like its a short supply of lamborghinis, they're focus'.

• Like 1

I story I heard was that the decision was made in EU. Many eyebrows were raised in the US but top management kept singing "One Ford".

I have also heard that EU does not use the same machine vendor and that the US supplier never has done a machine exactly like this. Further more, US process engineers were supposed to figure out the issue as it is "too costly" to send people from EU over here.

The EU machine also has a MUCH slower cycle time. It is double that of our machine.

It is really sad. Ford is losing sales. There are supposed to be major changes happening over shutdown at Saline. Saline could really cripple Ford if these machine changes do not help! The public will not wait 6-8 weeks for a car, so Saline better figure out what to do soon!! Is it the machinery, the people, WTF is the problem at Saline????????????

I waited 9 1/2 months for my 99 F250. Wasn't too happy about it either.

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone heard what was done at Saline over shutdown? New machinery, did they run well for 2 weeks? The million dollar question is, will Saline now be able to produce IP's or will they continue to slowly kill MAP?????

Ford has had the machine spruced up, They screwed us approving that POS. So hopefully Ford did enough to fix the problem that they created.