Attention LAP Signees!

To all those that have signed or are considering signing to transfer to LAP...It is my understanding that all the jobs were allowed to be bid on by current LAP employees and that most of the preferential jobs have been filled. So most of those that have signed to transfer will most likely be doing assembly work. Also they have an agreement their called "Right to Recall" which means that if you are laid off it goes by work record (awol, problem child, pot stirrers, etc.) regardless of seniority. If you doubt any of this or have questions just contact Jeff Hale (Bargainer) or Steve Stone (Chairman). I am just wanting to make sure you are all making an "informed" decision.

To all those that have signed or are considering signing to transfer to LAP...It is my understanding that all the jobs were allowed to be bid on by current LAP employees and that most of the preferential jobs have been filled. So most of those that have signed to transfer will most likely be doing assembly work. Also they have an agreement their called "Right to Recall" which means that if you are laid off it goes by work record (awol, problem child, pot stirrers, etc.) regardless of seniority. If you doubt any of this or have questions just contact Jeff Hale (Bargainer) or Steve Stone (Chairman). I am just wanting to make sure you are all making an "informed" decision.

I believe as far as the people following their product, they get to take their classification with them if they have the seniority to hold it . I could be wrong. Someone with the latest contract could try to figure that out.

You joined today just to post this information? Thanks. Glad to read what you "understand" to be the case.

As far as putting up jobs for bids and moving people into "preferred" jobs before others transfer in, that's just typical. KCAP did the same thing before a large group transferred in. Don't we do assembly work, I mean, we are autoworkers?

• Like 2

You joined today just to post this information? Thanks. Glad to read what you "understand" to be the case.

As far as putting up jobs for bids and moving people into "preferred" jobs before others transfer in, that's just typical. KCAP did the same thing before a large group transferred in. Don't we do assembly work, I mean, we are autoworkers?

I don't care what you do! I know a lot of people think they wont get stuck in trim but it could happen and there are stamping and a lot of jobs off line so no not all jobs are assembly. So, like I said call Steve Stone of Jeff Hale to verify. It does stink... I feel they should wait and go by seniority but they always protect their own before transfers come in. As for following your job, I think you might be right that is the way it should be! It's your job, but I would still call union to verify.

I have been a member for many years but have never posted before and I forgot my username and password so I rejoined...if that matters at all.

From the informational meeting here at Kansas City... you do not take your job classification with you when you transfer. You go into available work. Every plant, regardless of location, always fills in the good jobs with their own people. Thats just the way it is...

From the informational meeting here at Kansas City... you do not take your job classification with you when you transfer. You go into available work. Every plant, regardless of location, always fills in the good jobs with their own people. Thats just the way it is...

Yes, that is the way it is, you are right! That was one of the reasons for my post. I have been hearing a lot of people who are talking about signing say that should get a good job at LAP because they have so much seniority but that may not be the case. Just wanting everyone to make an informed decision!

Yes, that is the way it is, you are right! That was one of the reasons for my post. I have been hearing a lot of people who are talking about signing say that should get a good job at LAP because they have so much seniority but that may not be the case. Just wanting everyone to make an informed decision!

Anybody with alot of seniority who goes to LAP will get stuck doing a shit job on the line...for awhile. Eventually, the union will get around to you and you'll get something better, generally this applies to people with 18-20 years or more. If a suck-ass local like 600 can do this, and they have, I'm sure what you all have down at LAP can do it too.

I have been hearing a lot of people who are talking about signing say that should get a good job at LAP because they have so much seniority but that may not be the case. Just wanting everyone to make an informed decision!

You move because you want/need a job and it's what you consider to be the best situation for your family going forward, not because you expect a good job when you get there. We all want the best job that our seniorty will get us but you move to keep working and you deal with what you have to when you get there.

• Like 2

You move because you want/need a job and it's what you consider to be the best situation for your family going forward, not because you expect a good job when you get there. We all want the best job that our seniorty will get us but you move to keep working and you deal with what you have to when you get there.

Everyone's situation is different...a lot of people think because they have a lot of seniority they are going to walk into a lower seniority plant and get the best jobs but that may not be the case.

For me personally, I only make decisions if it is in the best interest for my entire family. Taking everything into consideration it will be very difficult to sell your house in Michigan and having two mortgages is a little scary.

Everyone's situation is different...a lot of people think because they have a lot of seniority they are going to walk into a lower seniority plant and get the best jobs but that may not be the case.

For me personally, I only make decisions if it is in the best interest for my entire family. Taking everything into consideration it will be very difficult to sell your house in Michigan and having two mortgages is a little scary.

Just to be clear on something like the other post above. People move becuase thye wish to and because they may want a change of location. I personally did not sign up for it but I know others that did just because they felt it was a good move. Question: Did you sign up for it? It sounds like it and your trying to get people that are going to sign to think twice about it. You are saying things that would make someone not go which everyone that works at a plant knows first hand that your going to work. Yeah down the road you may land a good job but who knows. Also LAP has been closed for what almost 2 years now while they gutted the place to prep it for the escape production. So I doubt every single job that is in your eyes good has been taken. Remember you may see a job as a bad one but someone that has been on a job similar may look it as a good one. Reguardless we all work and should do what is best for our families. After all they are the ones that matter in the end.

Shut your piehole and continuing paying your dues! Its better if you don't understand.

Just to be clear on something like the other post above. People move becuase thye wish to and because they may want a change of location. I personally did not sign up for it but I know others that did just because they felt it was a good move. Question: Did you sign up for it? It sounds like it and your trying to get people that are going to sign to think twice about it. You are saying things that would make someone not go which everyone that works at a plant knows first hand that your going to work. Yeah down the road you may land a good job but who knows. Also LAP has been closed for what almost 2 years now while they gutted the place to prep it for the escape production. So I doubt every single job that is in your eyes good has been taken. Remember you may see a job as a bad one but someone that has been on a job similar may look it as a good one. Reguardless we all work and should do what is best for our families. After all they are the ones that matter in the end.

I was considering transferring so that is why I looked into everything and I just thought I would share the info that I received. For different reasons i will not be going to LAP. I would not be able to sell my house for what it's worth and have kids in middle and high school that don't want to leave.

I heard that almost 300 signed from AAI and they were under the impression they will get good jobs in the plant. Just giving a heads up that is all! Good luck to those that can go with nothing holding them back!

I heard that almost 300 signed from AAI and they were under the impression they will get good jobs in the plant. Just giving a heads up that is all! Good luck to those that can go with nothing holding them back!

What would make them think they will get good jobs when they get there? How do 300 people come to this conclusion? You talked to 300 people and they all told you this? It would appear so based on your writing.

Bottom line: Transfer if you think the opportunity in Louisville is a better opportunity and provides more of a secure future than where you are now. Go down there thinking you'll work in Trim. If you do, you were prepared. If you don't, bonus!

• Like 1

We shut down for re-tool at LAP the week of Christmas so it hasn't even been a year yet. I don't know if it has changed or not but we are suppose to put on a third shift shortly after things smooth out so all of the people who transfered will have a chance to bid on all third shift jobs and any jobs that come open as a result of these bids.

Are some of you trying to say that your thinking of moving to LAP or KTP just because you where told your Seniority will land you the best job? Are you kidding me? Up-root your Family under the muse of a fairy tail, really?

FYI for those of you that have product moving to LAP:

1. You don’t transfer with your job, you move with your product

2. You don’t transfer with your classification, but you could end up with it again.

For those of you coming on here and saying it’s wrong that the local Union took care of its membership by allowing them to bid to open jobs before the members transferred in, who are you trying to kid? Of course they are doing this, they have done it, they are doing it, and they should if they want to stay in office pure and simple.

I have 1987 Seniority, I didn’t expect nothing other than being placed on the line when I transferred into Dearborn. When and if you decide to transfer, do yourself a favor, understand that you’re no different than anyone else and prepare to work the worse jobs. When and if better jobs become available, then just simply bid for one of them. If you can handle that, and your family will benefit from the move, then go for it. I made a list of pluses and minuses, the pluses outweighed the minuses so I went for it. I figured that this was as much as I could do to try and figure if the move would be worth the risk. I fully understand that I didnt move out of state, so thats another set of factors I would have had to put on my list.

For those of you that have decided to make the move, I wish you and your family all the luck in the world.

Hope this helped.

Good Luck Brothers and Sisters

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

• Like 4

Are some of you trying to say that your thinking of moving to LAP or KTP just because you where told your Seniority will land you the best job? Are you kidding me? Up-root your Family under the muse of a fairy tail, really?

FYI for those of you that have product moving to LAP:

1. You don’t transfer with your job, you move with your product

2. You don’t transfer with your classification, but you could end up with it again.

For those of you coming on here and saying it’s wrong that the local Union took care of its membership by allowing them to bid to open jobs before the members transferred in, who are you trying to kid? Of course they are doing this, they have done it, they are doing it, and they should if they want to stay in office pure and simple.

I have 1987 Seniority, I didn’t expect nothing other than being placed on the line when I transferred into Dearborn. When and if you decide to transfer, do yourself a favor, understand that you’re no different than anyone else and prepare to work the worse jobs. When and if better jobs become available, then just simply bid for one of them. If you can handle that, and your family will benefit from the move, then go for it. I made a list of pluses and minuses, the pluses outweighed the minuses so I went for it. I figured that this was as much as I could do to try and figure if the move would be worth the risk. I fully understand that I didnt move out of state, so thats another set of factors I would have had to put on my list.

For those of you that have decided to make the move, I wish you and your family all the luck in the world.

Hope this helped.

Good Luck Brothers and Sisters

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

Good Post Jeff

Plane and Simple If you been sitting on a fork lift or walking around with a clip board and you transfer your going back to general labor pool remember thats were you started

So you are now a new hire again with seniority and its going to HURT :hysterical:

Thanks f150oderus, I think people deserve to be told the truth.

I’m also wondering where all the thanks to our IUAW is? I certainly see all the bitching. Without the IUAW negotiating things like the enhanced relocation allowance what would we get? Nothing is what we would get so I’m certainly not afraid to say thanks.

Thanks IUAW for negotiating and maintaining language that helps ease the financial burden of moving across the country to work at another UAW represented plant.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

• Like 1

Thanks f150oderus, I think people deserve to be told the truth.

I’m also wondering where all the thanks to our IUAW is? I certainly see all the bitching. Without the IUAW negotiating things like the enhanced relocation allowance what would we get? Nothing is what we would get so I’m certainly not afraid to say thanks.

Thanks IUAW for negotiating and maintaining language that helps ease the financial burden of moving across the country to work at another UAW represented plant.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

Many are thankful for the IUAW. Many are thankful for the LAP-KTP opportunities.

Also Mr. Hodges, thank you for clarifications and your truthfulness. You seem good at setting the record straight.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...