05 Mustang GT Problems

tammijoe

To whom it may concern,

I was directed to this forum because I understand that Ford reads these forums. I have had some major problems with my Mustang GT. First off I want to say that I know that all makes and models have problems but this one has major problems. First off my Stang has left me on the side of the road 3 times and left the service manager twice. The dealership said the first time it was a modular, then the second time it was a bare wire going to the modular, now it is in the shop and they are replacing the whole wiring harness. I have also had other problems ranging from radio to transmission, and yes these other problems have been fixed, but I am scared to drive my new 05 out of town fear of breaking down. I called the Ford Customer Service line and did not get anywhere with that number all they did was refer me back to the dealership, I say Ford has the worst CSR. I wanted to talk to a Ford Rep. I am a woman that drives 25 miles one way to work and I also drive long winding roads with no shoulders. I am afaird that one day or night the car is going to break down in the middle of the road in a curve and someone is going to hit me. I guess that is what it is going to take before Ford will do anything. First off a Ford Rep did offer to pay my note for a month, but I have yet to see that money. And out of the three times I have broke down, I have had to pay because Ford Roadside could not find a wrecker, because I live in Baton Rouge and the wrecker services they use were tied up due to the post hurricane. And then when I submit my request for Ford to pay me back it takes 30 days or longer to get your money. I have been a Ford customer for a long time and love the Stangs but I want one I can trust, I think Ford should make it good and trade me out. :angry:

I have looked into the lemon law, and I hate to have to go that way but if the car does not get fixed this time around I was hoping Ford would do the right thing. <_<

You can also contact the Attorney-General's office in Louisiana regarding this issue. The consumer protection division of his office will be helpful to you if you continue to get no response. I'm disappointed that your dealer has not been more helpful to you, based upon your summary. He is the 1st line of defense when it comes to the customer's problems.

I do wish you well -- as a fellow Louisianian -- don't give up on the Ford Mustang line just yet. I believe a solution is just around the corner.

M-73

I faught Ford over a 2003 Mustang Cobra with a persistent stalling problem or what some refer to as an engine quit condition. The dealership had four chances to get it resolved, but could not. I ended up having to lemon law the car and was able to get a resolution in my favor.

At the very least, you should file a lemon law claim to protect your rights. It is in your interest to lemon law the vehicle if they cannot fix, it instead of trying to trade it. Otherwise, you stand to lose $$ big time.

I have a update on my Stang. The dealership called me on Friday to tell me my vehicle was fixed and they wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up OR have the service mgr. drive for the weekend with the computer on it. By the way they replaced the wiring haress. Well I choice for the service mgr to drive it home, and he lives 60 miles away (one way). I just spoke to him today and he said she ran real smooth. So they are cleaning her up at this moment. I am going to give this, because this is the 4th attempt. I really don't want to lemon law if they can fix it, but if it leaves me one more time I don't think they have a choice. I love the Stang, I love driving it. I told the service mgr that I have been praying this works. I am trying to me understanding but it is hard at times. So all of yall say a pray this is a fix. I haven't given up just yet, just want a Stang that giddy ups and goes...lol. :lol:

Drove my Stang to work this am. I know it is early but so far so good. I am trying to keep a positive frame of mind that it is finally fixed. It felt good to drive her once again. :D I really enjoy driving this vehicle. It is the first Mustang I have ever enjoyed driving, and I have had my share of Mustangs...lol. I will update if anything changes and hopefully then only changes I hope to post is to finally be able to add some ext. mods.

Everyone have a Happy Holiday. :P

Tammijoe

2005 Mustang GT , Mineral Gray, upgrade pkg, 5 speed stick Shaker 1000.

:( UPDATE!!!! Not good. My stang left me on the side of the road again, on Tuesday night. Boy was I upset as well as my husband. I had a feeling it was going to do it again. Tuesday morning I got in it and he hiccuped. That evening when I got in it to leave from work it was hard to start. Got about 5 miles from work and it wanted to shut down, no warning lights came on like in the past. It did this a few times, called my husband and he told me to head to the dealership, well just 2 miles from the dealership it broke down once AGAIN!! I was so upset, here I drive a new vehicle and it keeps leaving me on the side of the road. The dealership is also upset they thought they had it fixed for sure this time. Well Wed. morning I decided to go to the dealership to see if it would start (toke my husbands keys), she was dead as a door nail. Went to the service mgr. and he went out there and he was just as confused because he said usally after it sits it will start right up the next day well not this time. Then to top things up I requested a Mustang to drive from the rental company and they said they would try well they gave me a da** Stratus. My husband went by the rental place and there sat a Mustang, but the mgr said it was dirty, well I couldn't have been no dirty then the one they sent me, because it was bad. All I can say is that I hope that Ford makes all this right and give me new Mustang without all the messy legal stuff. I did file a complaint with the BBB and the lemon laws are wonderful for the consumer here in Louisiana.

Well, I don't know what the lemon law states in your area, but I would not want that car back. Hopefully, they will not give you a hassle on getting you a new one, if you still wanted a Mustang.

I sure hope they don't give me a hassle. But I do know I don't want this one back. I am tired of breaking down on the side of the road. But I do want another one. I have not lost faith in Ford or the Mustang at this npoint. I just want to get this over with and get in a new one. Hopefully the new year brings me a new 06 Vista Blue, since they do not have the Mineral Gray any longer.

As of this post the car is sitting at the dealership. I have filed a complaint with the BBB last week. I do not want the car back since it has left me on the side of the road 4 times and the service mgr. twice. I just want to get in a new one (mustang). The dealership knows that they have to do the right thing, but they said they have to go thur the right procedures, so we will see.

Update... The vehicle is still at the dealership and they have not made any attempts to try to figure out the problem because they are confused.....so if they are confused what about me. :blink: I tried to call the service mgr several times to inform him that I filed a BBB complaint but now he will not return my calls. I know he doesn't know anything new but he still could return my calls, I left him a message telling him I needed to tell him something, but I guess he didn't think it was important. He had even gave me his cell phone number and I left a message on there for him to call me I needed to tell him something.....maybe he has a idea...who knows, but I did try to inform him. I also tried sending Ford an email thur the BBB website but the email was undeliviable it showed an error, so I went to the Ford website and sent it. The BBB website says I need to inform everyone so I did. I know Ford is shut down for the holidays, but in the past I had sent emails from the Ford website and once you send the email it says someone will contact you with in

3 days......guess what NO one ever has in the past....so we will see this time. <_< I just want to get this over with as fast as possible. I also want it done and over with because I am going on a cruise in Feb and I have to travel to Houston to leave out, and I live in the Baton Rouge area.

Edited by tammijoe

Just spoke the service mgr. he returned my calls...finally. He informed me that he was having a Ford Rep Tech coming in on Monday and that they were going to look at the vehicle. The reason he has not made a attempt to work on it was because he wanted the Ford Tech to look at it just the way it came in from the breakdown. I told him that I had filed a complaint with the BBB and said he understood, but hopefully they can reslove this with the Ford Tech. I am just not sure if I want the car back or not, but if they fix it and they know they are sure they have the problem resolved just maybe. I really love my car, I love the fact it is the first year for thay body style and second they do not make the Mineral Gray color anymore, and that is what makes this hard. But they have to convince me they have it resloved first. :unsure:

Yeah they gave me a rental. When I first requested the rental they were suppose to give me a Mustang, but the rental place "fogot"...give me a break. My husband went by there later and they had a Mustang on the lot but rented it out later to someone else and they haven't had one back in since..... so I am stuck in a piece of #@#$%^&* Dodge. I am not a fan of Dodge's. So I call the rental company everyday asking for a Mustang hoping either one will come in OR they will get tired of hearing from me.....hee hee :P .

Edited by tammijoe

You know something?

That car dying and NOT starting again is the best thing that could have happened. Now they can take what ever steps they need to to get to the bottom of your trouble.

I have been working on cars for over 19 years now and sometimes you can't duplicate a compliant or find the problem. Once the car dies, You can go from point a to z to find what the cause is without the car starting and running fine.

Hey Mike, I sometimes it is hard to duplicate a problem , and they can't always do it, but I think after 4 times breaking down with myself and twice with the service mgr they should be able to find something, and hopefully they have. The reason why I say hopefully they have is because I went to the dealership this am. I spoke to the service mgr and the service tech who has been working on my car since day one. He said this am is the first time he has gotten in it in the am and it not start up right away, and it has been sitting there for almost 2 weeks. He noticed the security light and check engine light on so he opened the hood and shook a few wires, that they haven't replaced and sure enough it cranked right up. Then while it was still running he shook the wires again and it wanted to die. So hopefully they have it figured out, but he said he was going to call the Ford engineer dept and talk to the service mgr and get the part ordered asap and rushed delivered if they all agree. So hopefully they may have solved the mystery, I just know I either want mine running or get me in a new Stang. I think for all my troubles they could give me a better ext. warranty, that is longer and no ded. if this seems to fix the problem. I will update once I find out. Thanks everyone for all the advise and help.

Update!! Phoned dealership yesterday...it was killing me to know what was going on with my Stang. Seems they ordered the other wiring haress, but could not give me date as to when it was coming in. When I asked how long it would take their response was..." Hopefully not as long as the other one"....that really tells me alot. The other one only toke a few days....and this one has been 4 days now. I guess he wanted to be a smarty....I guess they get tired of me calling but I would like to be informed since it has been in the shop for over 2 weeks now. The vehicle has been in the shop for almost the whole month of Dec. I get really bummed out when I see other Stangs driving down the road and I am not in mine. :(

Update on my Stang. Phoned the dealership today and they informed me that the part they are waiting on is not in, they are saying it maybe early next week. The wait goes on.....I just want this all to be over with. I still have the complaint going on, if this does fix the problem just maybe Ford will come thur for me a better warranty or another car payment....or both. The Stang will be in the shop for 3 weeks early next week, that is crazy.....I am so tired of driving this darn Dodge Stratus. I miss my Stang. Thanks everyone for letting me vent.

sounds like the problem is a bad battery connection.

heres my theory:

basically from the way you have described it

your alternator is running things because your battery is cutting out, therefore 100% of the cars laod is put on the alternator where as if the battery was connected and functioning correctly you should have no more that 40% alternator pull with half your auxilaris on.

Basically it trickle charges the battery all the time.

now why your car is dying is very simple. when you battery cuts out your car is running off your alternator fully. when you come to a stop your engine is spinning less and therefore you alternator cant produce enought current to keep the coil packs fired and then she leaves you at the side of the road.

and im guessing this is a automatic :lol: right? with a automatic and these stall condition your even more prone to stall. with a manual you can clutch in and rev it.

Things to check:

The main positive cable coming from battery have your dealer check the following.

the main lead will connect to a small block that goes to the alternaton and starter. it sounds like this block (cant remember what its called) is the problem! i'd put money that this part is bad!

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the ECU or any harness. if the harness was bad it would have left some tell tale marks or burns!

another area of though might be a bad ground on the car but that is a slim possibility. Check that positive terminal block.

Those of you who are about to critise me, think again. I know mustangs very very well fox's, SN95's, to the S197.

I know the new ones pretty well as i have been modifying many of them. i ran into the same problem on one of them. his dealer couldnt figuire it out after 7 attempts so he broght it to me.

I dont have much faith in ford techs (some of them are good mind you but most of them arnt) they rely on their diagnostic equipment more than anything.

Tammi trust me you have had it easy with this Ford try owning a XR4Ti!!!!!!!!!

I just finished rebuilding my XR4Ti as a chalenge and mechanically its better than when it left the factory.

but seriously if you do talk to Bill Ford ask him to bring back some much needed parts for the Merkur XR4Ti. And also tell him to bring the New Ford Focus Cosworth to North America.

if you have any other questions about your stang just ask

Cheers!

666COS, Thank you for your information. You sound like you know your Mustangs. I will print this information out and fax to my service tech. The new part (other wiring harness to the box??) came in today and they are suppose to fix it and the car be ready on Wed. because the service mgr wants to take it for a few days to check it out. And by the way the car is a stick not automatic. We tried pushing it off, but it still won't spin. The service tech said he wiggled this last set of wires and it died on him so that is why they think it is this last wiring harness. But like I said I will print your info out and fax, they said they would look at anything to figure it out.

Thanks again,

T