Labor Costs Down - But Still A Hot Button Topic In Upcoming UAW Contract Tallks

$1,000,000,000 That's billion divided by 27= $37,037,037 million per year.

Alan Mulally came on in 2006 so 5 years he has made in excess of 313,000,000(March 10, Detroit Free Press: Already, Mulally's accumulated equity-based incentives -- 13.9 million shares and 14.5 million options -- are worth about $313 million based on Ford's $14.01 closing price Monday, according to an analysis by Equilar, a firm that specializes in executive pay. That does not include salary, bonus and other corporate perks.)

$313,000,000 million divided by 5=$62,600,000 so that is nearly double what toyoda is making and last time I checked Alan's last name wasn't Ford. He is grossly overpaid and you made that even more obvious with your post. :slap:

Alan can keep his $27 mil per year, but where I have a issue is the "one ford one team" he pushes. We all get a profit sharing this past year...lets say for argument sake that each employee got a 10% profit sharing based on $100,000 to make the numbers easy.(actually it was prob more like 6% considering eligible pay) Thats a $10,000 profit sharing for you and I and every other union employee...in this seniro! Alans pay last year was 27 mil yet he get almost 53 mil profit sharing!!!!!!!!!! Thats a 200% profit sharing and his pay never was reduced and is never brought up when it's time to cut labor costs. If we are "one ford one team" then why did we all not get 200% profit sharing...I sure could have used an extra $200,000!!! Bottom line is the 27 mil is not inline with what Ceo's make for the foreign automakers, yet he wants our labor costs in line with them when we as a total group make up 8% of the cost of making a car. When will the lowered labor cost be reflect from the top down?.......since we are "one ford one team"

• Like 1

Here is a perfect example of how the US Upper Management is grossly overpaid compared to the Foreign counterparts. This is a article from 2008 which states that Rick Wagoner(during the GM crisis and on the verge of going out of business) was paid 14 mil per year total compensation yet his counterpart at Toyota had a compensation of under 1 mil. The article states also how it's amazing that the US Automakers are outraged at the difference in our total compensation as union workers compared to the non-union yet don't seem to have a issue with theirs. Read for yourself...

http://joulesbeef.newsvine.com/_news/2008/11/19/2128569-ceo-of-gm-makes-14-times-what-ceo-of-toyota-makes-but-we-are-to-be-outrraged-the-employees-get-double-what-toyota-employees-make

I think Al and Billy and lots of other company folks are paid too much.

I think you and I aren't paid enough.

But what I, or you, think: priceless.(literally, worth nothing.)

What we would look for is some sort of equitable scale.

What we see now is greed run amok.

Just because some folks at GM or Tata or Fiat or whatever get X amount of Money doesn't mean that Al and Billy need to be paid X + A Lot. You and I make 28 or 14 buck an hour, take it or leave it, and my bonus ain't 27 Million.

Stats say a CEO gets 140 times on average what their workers get. Let's say a miracle happened and I get 100,000 this year. That would be 14 mil apiece for the guys. Which is still obscene.

:drop: :blah: :blah: :blah:

I think Al and Billy and lots of other company folks are paid too much.

I think you and I aren't paid enough.

But what I, or you, think: priceless.(literally, worth nothing.)

What we would look for is some sort of equitable scale.

What we see now is greed run amok.

Just because some folks at GM or Tata or Fiat or whatever get X amount of Money doesn't mean that Al and Billy need to be paid X + A Lot. You and I make 28 or 14 buck an hour, take it or leave it, and my bonus ain't 27 Million.

Stats say a CEO gets 140 times on average what their workers get. Let's say a miracle happened and I get 100,000 this year. That would be 14 mil apiece for the guys. Which is still obscene.

:drop: :blah: :blah: :blah:

We are compared to auto manufacturing with Toyota Honda Chrysler and GM.

Our labor rates are closely tied to product investment. We gain too much labor cost, bang, shit starts going to Mexico again and we start losing members again.

Here is a question and I ask for resolution. How does the UAW stop Mulally's atrocious pay?

He does not belong in our bargaining agreement, we dont have enough votes on the board to stop it.

Anyone have resolution to fix it or do we put our head in the sand and keep complaining about with no resolution????

Easy to complain ( I do not support Mullaly's greedy pay) but how do we change it ????

Here is a perfect example of how the US Upper Management is grossly overpaid compared to the Foreign counterparts. This is a article from 2008 which states that Rick Wagoner(during the GM crisis and on the verge of going out of business) was paid 14 mil per year total compensation yet his counterpart at Toyota had a compensation of under 1 mil. The article states also how it's amazing that the US Automakers are outraged at the difference in our total compensation as union workers compared to the non-union yet don't seem to have a issue with theirs. Read for yourself...

http://joulesbeef.newsvine.com/_news/2008/11/19/2128569-ceo-of-gm-makes-14-times-what-ceo-of-toyota-makes-but-we-are-to-be-outrraged-the-employees-get-double-what-toyota-employees-make

Go to school and make more money, or shut your piehole! worry about whats in your pocket and what you make...

• Like 1

$1,000,000,000 That's billion divided by 27= $37,037,037 million per year.

Alan Mulally came on in 2006 so 5 years he has made in excess of 313,000,000(March 10, Detroit Free Press: Already, Mulally's accumulated equity-based incentives -- 13.9 million shares and 14.5 million options -- are worth about $313 million based on Ford's $14.01 closing price Monday, according to an analysis by Equilar, a firm that specializes in executive pay. That does not include salary, bonus and other corporate perks.)

$313,000,000 million divided by 5=$62,600,000 so that is nearly double what toyoda is making and last time I checked Alan's last name wasn't Ford. He is grossly overpaid and you made that even more obvious with your post. :slap:

Ford was a much tougher job to take over in 2006 than Toyota was.

• Like 1