2012-2013

Gixer444

The 2012 model year started Oct of 2010 which I thought was kind of early. My question is: Does anyone working at Flat Rock know when the 2012's stop and the 2013's orders start? Thanks for any info you can provide. I missed the 2012 Lava Red and was wondering how long I might have to wait to see what's offered for 2013.

The 2012 model year started Oct of 2010 which I thought was kind of early. My question is: Does anyone working at Flat Rock know when the 2012's stop and the 2013's orders start? Thanks for any info you can provide. I missed the 2012 Lava Red and was wondering how long I might have to wait to see what's offered for 2013.

The 2012 Mustang USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened on 11/08/2010, scheduling started on 12/02/2010 and the Job #1 date was 02/03/2011. Ford has not yet started posting any timetables for 2013 MY ordering or production. By law the 2013 Mustang cannot be available for sale prior to January 1, 2012. I'd expect to see a 2013 MY Job #1 Date in February 2012.

Thanks Ice. By the way, do you work at Flat Rock? I found an article saying the company in Japan started shipping the paint back in June. If you are at Flat Rock, are there any plans to start the Lava Red back up? Thanks again for any info.

The 2012 Mustang USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened on 11/08/2010, scheduling started on 12/02/2010 and the Job #1 date was 02/03/2011. Ford has not yet started posting any timetables for 2013 MY ordering or production. By law the 2013 Mustang cannot be available for sale prior to January 1, 2012. I'd expect to see a 2013 MY Job #1 Date in February 2012.

Thanks Ice. By the way, do you work at Flat Rock? I found an article saying the company in Japan started shipping the paint back in June. If you are at Flat Rock, are there any plans to start the Lava Red back up? Thanks again for any info.

I do not work for Ford Motor Company. For the past 25 years I've managed the new vehicle inventory for Bob Thomas Ford (CT) in addition to running the in-house advertising agency representing Bob Thomas' various companies. Regarding your paint question... I have not seen anything about Ford re-instating availability of Lava Red Metallic (UZ). The original Red Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (U6) has been replaced with the new version (RZ) and the Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ) is being re-instated with a "Late Availability" status. Final order for Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat (NQ) were due on Thursday, July 21st. Kona Blue Metallic (L6) continues continues to be available but is subject to availability updates and estimates on a weekly basis.

I do not work for Ford Motor Company. For the past 25 years I've managed the new vehicle inventory for Bob Thomas Ford (CT) in addition to running the in-house advertising agency representing Bob Thomas' various companies. Regarding your paint question... I have not seen anything about Ford re-instating availability of Lava Red Metallic (UZ). The original Red Candy Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (U6) has been replaced with the new version (RZ) and the Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ) is being re-instated with a "Late Availability" status. Final order for Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat (NQ) were due on Thursday, July 21st. Kona Blue Metallic (L6) continues continues to be available but is subject to availability updates and estimates on a weekly basis.

What is the difference between Red Red Candy U6 and RZ?

What is the difference between Red Red Candy U6 and RZ?

Different source for the pigment. I've been told on another forum that it looks identical and that's why they kept the same paint name but changed the code because it's a different supplier for the pigment.