KCAP out of control?

BlueBee

Does anyone know why KCAP is going through so many turn overs at present? Even hired in employees are getting turned out.

I was speaking to a barganing rep recently and he said he has never seen it this bad, and he has been fighting hard to get a majority of them back.

Does anyone know why KCAP is going through so many turn overs at present? Even hired in employees are getting turned out.

I was speaking to a barganing rep recently and he said he has never seen it this bad, and he has been fighting hard to get a majority of them back.

OK Chuckie. Thanks for the KCAP report

• Like 1

What do you mean by being "turned out"?.

Its mostly because alot of the 2nd tier people don't know what they've signed themselves up for... 110 degree heat+awols+laziness=fired.. and i'm glad its that way, if they don't wanna work get people in here who do.

Before recently, we had tft's with over 7-9 awols NOT fired.. the pendulum has just swung the other way now that we have a waiting list is all.

• Like 1

Its mostly because alot of the 2nd tier people don't know what they've signed themselves up for... 110 degree heat+awols+laziness=fired.. and i'm glad its that way, if they don't wanna work get people in here who do.

Before recently, we had tft's with over 7-9 awols NOT fired.. the pendulum has just swung the other way now that we have a waiting list is all.

That does make perfect sense. Is there a huge waiting list because they are bringing on the new vehicle next year after the Escape phase out? The Barganing Rep told me there is like 1,500 people waiting for a job.

The heat a couple weeks ago was brutal. That's no lie. Its going to be super hot tomorrow and thursday.

I'm just happy its helping me loose the rest of my pregnancy weight...ha ha The heat and the 10 hour exercise is an added perk, I guess. :o)

I'm hanging in there like a trooper. It will cool off soon. I appreciate the reply.

• Like 1

temps arent the problem at kcap... its the union.. how bout speed the line up and not tell none of the members? and when you ask the union rep his reply is can you even tell?

Oh no, no...I wasn't insinuating that temps were a problem, or any other employee for that matter. I've just noticed so many faces on my shift that came in at the same time as me are gone.

Speed the line up? Ok...I thought I was loosing my mind. Sometimes it seems as though the line runs a little faster after lunch/dinner break.

On another note: They sure were pushing the strike vote on the newbies pretty hard tonight.

• Like 1

Oh no, no...I wasn't insinuating that temps were a problem, or any other employee for that matter. I've just noticed so many faces on my shift that came in at the same time as me are gone.

Speed the line up? Ok...I thought I was loosing my mind. Sometimes it seems as though the line runs a little faster after lunch/dinner break.

On another note: They sure were pushing the strike vote on the newbies pretty hard tonight.

Thanks for the update Chuck

Does DTP know you are working in KCAP now?

Why must you post this garbage Chuck?

You are a loser

• Like 1

Yup! I am JUST a new temp. Learning the ropes and hoping to go permanent. I can't go back to my old career. I'm done with that industry. Blahhh

Well, if you're a new temp, you need to chill out a little and not be running to message boards talking like KCAP is out of control when you probably know very little about the plant. There's always a high turnover rate with temps and the 105 degree heat put the weak ones back on the street.

• Like 1

Well, if you're a new temp, you need to chill out a little and not be running to message boards talking like KCAP is out of control when you probably know very little about the plant. There's always a high turnover rate with temps and the 105 degree heat put the weak ones back on the street.

No no...the barganing rep said it was out of control.

105...Yeah...not looking forward to the heat wave this week. Eek But, we shall survive.

temps arent the problem at kcap... its the union.. how bout speed the line up and not tell none of the members? and when you ask the union rep his reply is can you even tell?

and you probaly don't attend your monthly union meeting either do you. you know you can become invovled in the union and help fix the problems you think we have.

No no...the barganing rep said it was out of control.

105...Yeah...not looking forward to the heat wave this week. Eek But, we shall survive.

you must be one of the tough ones that's great you have stuck it out. this work is not cut out for everyone. i've seen a lot of people come and go over my years with ford.

Well I was informed of the line speed increases by the Union and The Company

Maybe you should pay a little more attention to the fliers that the Union passes out or attend a Union meeting

The company also passed out a notice explaining the line speed increase right before vacation shut down :hysterical:

Simple Fact this is the second year in a row Management did not make TASK they tried to make it up with increasing line speeds

In 2010 it worked with a few PSO jobs in 2011 we said hell no you loaded jobs to the max the last time we can't do any more :happy feet:

If your Committeeperson is asking you .....can you even tell you need to be raising 9 kinds of hell :rant: