Take the weekend off while people are waiting?

SheetMetalJoe

Does anyone else feel slighted? How can they take the weekend off from negotiations while some of us laid off folks are waiting, hoping, and praying for some good news about future work and investments?

Signed,

Frustrated

Talks at Ford Motor Co. — the only one of Detroit's automakers that did not accept a government bailout and therefore the only one where a strike is not prohibited — continue to lag behind its crosstown rivals. Like the others, bargainers at Ford have extended the old contract indefinitely. Negotiators met through the week but didn't plan to talk over the weekend.

crogers@detnews.com

(313) 222-2401

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110917/AUTO01/109170347/UAW--GM-agree-on-new-deal#ixzz1YCgPSsjC

Does anyone else feel slighted? How can they take the weekend off from negotiations while some of us laid off folks are waiting, hoping, and praying for some good news about future work and investments?

Signed,

Frustrated

I dont feel slighted. I feel the IUAW has secured a windfall of investments that GM will insource FROM OTHER COUNTRIES as well as new products.

I could careless of any other gains (no further concesstions) but if we get all of the products as the media is portrying in the GM agreement means that Skilled Trades will be going back to Skilled Jobs and all ACH should have opportunities to a Ford location.

Glad to see they fought Chrysler and leveraged GM against Chrysler.

A great strategy.

Thank you UAW !!!!! Good Job !!!!!!

• Like 8

I dont feel slighted. I feel the IUAW has secured a windfall of investments that GM will insource FROM OTHER COUNTRIES as well as new products.

I could careless of any other gains (no further concesstions) but if we get all of the products as the media is portrying in the GM agreement means that Skilled Trades will be going back to Skilled Jobs and all ACH should have opportunities to a Ford location.

A great strategy.

I hope you don't mind if I reserve my enthusiasm for GM and Chrysler's contract. I haven't read the full documents yet. And Ford hasn't settled, so how the wind blows is yet to be seen.

• Like 2

A great strategy.

I have to laugh at Sergio...LOL...... Welcome to America. The IUAW had a strategy they as leveraged Chrysler against GM the whole time to get the best agreement

Sergio....... You got served hahahahahah

Good Job GM Negotiating Team

• Like 5

A great strategy.

The UAW made sergio look like a BITCH. Oh how funny

• Like 5

I have to laugh at Sergio...LOL...... Welcome to America. The IUAW had a strategy they as leveraged Chrysler against GM the whole time to get the best agreement

Sergio....... You got served hahahahahah

Good Job GM Negotiating Team

Yes, it was an excellent move. Marchionne must have thought he was in Italy where his rightwing buddy Berlosconi runs everything. He forgot he was in America!

Edited by Don't Tread on Me
  • Like 1