Obama care and the UAW

newone

I think i read in the gm proposal they want to put everyone on obama care starting in 2014. i have 2 questions. 1) how much is this going to cost us each month? 2) if the cost reduction to the company is significant their profits are going to go thru the roof so why the cap on profit sharing

I think i read in the gm proposal they want to put everyone on obama care starting in 2014. i have 2 questions. 1) how much is this going to cost us each month? 2) if the cost reduction to the company is significant their profits are going to go thru the roof so why the cap on profit sharing

No, You didnt read that in 2014 that GM workers go into Obamacare. The UAW and their health plans are exempt from Obamacare. All Union plans are exempt because we have better plans than the health exchange will have. I think you're either mis-informed (about Obamacare in general) or just stirring the pot!

Tapper

DTP/Body C-Crew

• Like 2

No, You didnt read that in 2014 that GM workers go into Obamacare. The UAW and their health plans are exempt from Obamacare. All Union plans are exempt because we have better plans than the health exchange will have. I think you're either mis-informed (about Obamacare in general) or just stirring the pot!

Tapper

DTP/Body C-Crew

Thank you President Obama!

• Like 1

Thank you President Obama!

Why are you thanking Obama? Why is it a good thing that he will force people to accept coverage which is inferior to what is already being provided? Why are exemptions for Obamacare ok for some, not not for others? It doesn't matter, Obamacare thankfully won't happen. He's a one term wonder, the people will have their say next year, and Obamacare will be gone just as fast as the wonder from Kenya.

• Like 3

Why are you thanking Obama? Why is it a good thing that he will force people to accept coverage which is inferior to what is already being provided? Why are exemptions for Obamacare ok for some, not not for others? It doesn't matter, Obamacare thankfully won't happen. He's a one term wonder, the people will have their say next year, and Obamacare will be gone just as fast as the wonder from Kenya.

yeah we need to get ron paul or michelle bachmann or rick perry in the white house, because THEY will bring jobs to america, just like rick perry brought 3 dollar an hour jobs for illegal immigrants to texas. why don't you apply for a job working at one of ford's new plants in india or china. that'll make it easier for the republicans to outsource your work at the beginning of 2013.

• Like 2

yeah we need to get ron paul or michelle bachmann or rick perry in the white house, because THEY will bring jobs to america, just like rick perry brought 3 dollar an hour jobs for illegal immigrants to texas. why don't you apply for a job working at one of ford's new plants in india or china. that'll make it easier for the republicans to outsource your work at the beginning of 2013.

Where did I show support for those three? How do you know I don't want Hilary Clinton to be the next President? Why did you not answer any of the question I asked about Obamacare? How do you know that the three you mentioned won't bring jobs to America (have you never listened to Ron Paul speak?)? Please stop defending the Kenyan and wake up to realize the damage he has caused, and is still causing.

• Like 2

Where did I show support for those three? How do you know I don't want Hilary Clinton to be the next President? Why did you not answer any of the question I asked about Obamacare? How do you know that the three you mentioned won't bring jobs to America (have you never listened to Ron Paul speak?)? Please stop defending the Kenyan and wake up to realize the damage he has caused, and is still causing.

You are correct. I admit fault. Since you seem to think Honolulu, Hawaii is located in Kenya (displaying an embarrassing ignorance about US/world geography), I assumed your other 'facts,' opinions and conjectures would be of equal caliber. However, I now realize that I was wrong. You are much more intelligent than I previously believed (which, to be honest, isn't saying much, but I won't make that mistake in the future).

I assumed you didn't want Hillary Clinton to be the next president because she had an individual mandate as part of her healthcare package in the 2008 primaries. But, I shouldn't jump to conclusions, as you pointed out before. You could be misinformed about Hillary Clinton and think that she would like to repeal healthcare reform (even though it was a major issue for her during her husband's presidency and, as I noted above, she had a more robust plan in her primary run) and give power back to insurance companies to dump people from policies when they get sick, deny them coverage based on pre-existing conditions, etc. That would at least make it somewhat reasonable for you to want Hillary. Of course, you could also just be the kind of person with that horrible mental deficiency that allows him or her to hold two completely contradictory thoughts in their mind at the same time without realizing the contradiction (e.g. giving rich people more money creates jobs for the economy vs. the rich now have the highest share of wealth since the gilded age and we are at 9+% unemployment) and having their head explode. Alternatively, you could just be throwing out the possibility that you might like Hillary to try to hide the fact that you are an anti-union Tea Party troll.

I didn't answer your questions about the Affordable Care Act because they aren't based in any fact I have seen except on a Tea Party protest poster. If you can show me some CBO reports or some credible evidence not from a right-wing think tank or Tea Party message board, I'll be happy to refute your propaganda...err...answer your questions.

Finally, yes, I have listened to Ron Paul speak. If Ron Paul were president he could get absolutely 0 of his policy proposals accomplished. Know why? It's kind of funny actually. Congress would never cooperate with completely dismantling government as we know it, and the American people don't support that line of thinking. So, to do anything he would have to do it by Executive Order--which he could never do based on his rigid interpretation of the constitution and the limitations on executive power. So a Ron Paul presidency would be 4 years of government gridlock where we address none of the major problems facing the American people today and our government becomes even more ineffectual.

• Like 1

You are correct. I admit fault. Since you seem to think Honolulu, Hawaii is located in Kenya (displaying an embarrassing ignorance about US/world geography), I assumed your other 'facts,' opinions and conjectures would be of equal caliber. However, I now realize that I was wrong. You are much more intelligent than I previously believed (which, to be honest, isn't saying much, but I won't make that mistake in the future).

I assumed you didn't want Hillary Clinton to be the next president because she had an individual mandate as part of her healthcare package in the 2008 primaries. But, I shouldn't jump to conclusions, as you pointed out before. You could be misinformed about Hillary Clinton and think that she would like to repeal healthcare reform (even though it was a major issue for her during her husband's presidency and, as I noted above, she had a more robust plan in her primary run) and give power back to insurance companies to dump people from policies when they get sick, deny them coverage based on pre-existing conditions, etc. That would at least make it somewhat reasonable for you to want Hillary. Of course, you could also just be the kind of person with that horrible mental deficiency that allows him or her to hold two completely contradictory thoughts in their mind at the same time without realizing the contradiction (e.g. giving rich people more money creates jobs for the economy vs. the rich now have the highest share of wealth since the gilded age and we are at 9+% unemployment) and having their head explode. Alternatively, you could just be throwing out the possibility that you might like Hillary to try to hide the fact that you are an anti-union Tea Party troll.

I didn't answer your questions about the Affordable Care Act because they aren't based in any fact I have seen except on a Tea Party protest poster. If you can show me some CBO reports or some credible evidence not from a right-wing think tank or Tea Party message board, I'll be happy to refute your propaganda...err...answer your questions.

Finally, yes, I have listened to Ron Paul speak. If Ron Paul were president he could get absolutely 0 of his policy proposals accomplished. Know why? It's kind of funny actually. Congress would never cooperate with completely dismantling government as we know it, and the American people don't support that line of thinking. So, to do anything he would have to do it by Executive Order--which he could never do based on his rigid interpretation of the constitution and the limitations on executive power. So a Ron Paul presidency would be 4 years of government gridlock where we address none of the major problems facing the American people today and our government becomes even more ineffectual.

I thought Kenya was one of the 57 States, so I should be given a free pass. Maybe you should worry about Obama's geography knowledge than you should be with mine. After that get your pal who wants to thank the Kenyan to answer the questions I asked of him. When he does that, I'll be sure to point out why the Kenyan has been a disaster, and the World will be better off next year when he is gone.

• Like 2

LOL a 57 STATE BOMB.....HOW ORIGINAL.

Sorry, I would have replied sooner but

"I've reminded the prime minister—the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship.

Have truer words ever been spoken....

President Bush: Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?

Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: I can take them off.

Bush: I'm interested in the shade look, seriously.

Wallsten: All right, I'll keep it, then.

Bush: For the viewers, there's no sun.

Wallsten: I guess it depends on your perspective.

Bush: Touché.

—Exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

"I was not pleased that Hamas has refused to announce its desire to destroy Israel."—Washington,

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany."

"I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them then I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president.

Same old stuff from the idiots. Still no response to why Obama was thanked for the UAW being allowed to opt out of Obamacare.

• Like 2

Tapper

DTP/Body C-Crew

if were not getting it then why did they use two pages of the highlights package to show everyone the benefits they were gonna get from PPACA (aka obamacare)????