More reasons to vote No than Yes

sjohnson

The IUAW just voted themselves a new raise,Mulally and Bill Ford awarded 100 million,thats not including the millions more for rest of management,the UAW negotiators get a fat bonus for a yes vote.

More reasons to vote no then yes. I dont want to fund veba,I didnt get to vote on that agreemant,I dont want to fund 10 percent of my profit sharing to it. Uaw received billions in cash plus enormous stock to cover the rest and they are holding on to it,SELL it.

No raises since 2003, if this passes it will be 12 years before a chance at a raise. They say we need to be competitive to the transplants and the economy is not stable. Well Ford management wasnt worried about being competitive when they paid Mulally the millions,( he was paid more than all the transplants CEOs combined),Toyota employess only make $2 less than us and yes they pay around $700 a year out of pocket expenses for health care but with their bonuses the last few years they have actually made more money than us.

No cola is out of the question,inflation has gone up every year since it was takin from us. Milk,food,gas,etc is sky high so it is actually like a concession each year we dont have it.

Not even our break time back,unbelievable.

The team leaders get a raise and rest of us dont. I do believe we all sacrificed and we all have more work.

We are building more vehicles with half the people,they have turned the line speed up to unbearable,from 60 hr to 65,66 hr,with the same workload on the jobs.

Uaw tells us its a better profit sharing formula,what the hell are they talking about? Now we will pay 10% of it to veba and now there is a cap on the amount we can collect. How the hell is that a better formula? We are getting robbed.

They tell us they got product commitments. Whatever. They promised us commitments in 07 they never fulfilled. Remember all the work Ford is investing here,they was already going to regardless of the contract,Uaw says they got work back from Mexico,crock of shit. Gm and Ford was already bringing the work back because of the problems over there from the drug cartels and the drug war. They cant bring it all back at once but youll see slowly they will be bringing more back from Mexico.

We got the exact same contract that Gm did (except a little more change to shut us up). We didnt file bankruptcy,we didnt take a bailout and they come to us with the same shit as a company that did. We did all the sacrificing and gave up our things to keep them from that and because of that it generated more market share and they are making BILLIONS and dont want to share it with the people that are responsible for it all. Pattern bargaining is the old days,it is no longer useful and they keep going the same ol way in bargaining.

We keep hearing that the general public will bash us if we vote it down,well they have always bashed us and yes it got worse during the bailouts,because the politicians and management bashed us to the public. Where was our National leader at the time. If he would have stood up like a leader should and went public in our defense and spoke about how the company is then it wouldnt be so bad. The only person that went public for us was the Mayor of Detroit. Our President is a joke and we all know it and whether your voting yes or no,you know this contract sucks terribly and we can get alot better.

We never wanted Bob King to be our President and we all definately let him and our local leaders know this when he wanted us to give up our right to strike and yet our local leaders went against what we wanted and voted him in. Bob King is in for 1 term and he is going to completely sell us out before he leaves. Im sure his pockets will be well padded when he leaves and Im sure he will be set up in Ford or Gm after he kills the Uaw.

This is only my opinion,you vote how you feel but my Vote is definately a NO,yes a strike is a risk but sometime or another you have to stand up and say enough is enough. You keep hearing when each contract is up,we can take this shit and maybe next contract we can get something back. I have heard this for 2 contracts now (8 yrs now) ,if we dont stand up now it will be 12 yrs of waiting to get something back and if we dont stand up now,we will never get it back. The more 2nd tier workers we get in,the more of us will be pushed out. Our forefathers fought and died for our union and what we did have and its time we give them some honor and stand,unite and fight back.

Like i said this is just my opinion and please vote how you feel. Im sure I will get called some kind of names and how stupid I am,lol. some people on here cant be grown up and just comment without all the names and how other people are wrong and their right.

I know its still real early and along ways to go but so far it looks like its getting voted down. Keep up the good work....

However this contract comes out, I wish the best for all of us..

One more thing. If you are in a lawsuit and they come to you with the first offer,do you take the first offer? NO...

• Like 2

The IUAW just voted themselves a new raise,Mulally and Bill Ford awarded 100 million,thats not including the millions more for rest of management,the UAW negotiators get a fat bonus for a yes vote.

More reasons to vote no then yes. I dont want to fund veba,I didnt get to vote on that agreemant,I dont want to fund 10 percent of my profit sharing to it. Uaw received billions in cash plus enormous stock to cover the rest and they are holding on to it,SELL it.

No raises since 2003, if this passes it will be 12 years before a chance at a raise. They say we need to be competitive to the transplants and the economy is not stable. Well Ford management wasnt worried about being competitive when they paid Mulally the millions,( he was paid more than all the transplants CEOs combined),Toyota employess only make $2 less than us and yes they pay around $700 a year out of pocket expenses for health care but with their bonuses the last few years they have actually made more money than us.

No cola is out of the question,inflation has gone up every year since it was takin from us. Milk,food,gas,etc is sky high so it is actually like a concession each year we dont have it.

The team leaders get a raise and rest of us dont. I do believe we all sacrificed and we all have more work.

We are building more vehicles with half the people,they have turned the line speed up to unbearable,from 60 hr to 65,66 hr,with the same workload on the jobs.

Uaw tells us its a better profit sharing formula,what the hell are they talking about? Now we will pay 10% of it to veba and now there is a cap on the amount we can collect. How the hell is that a better formula? We are getting robbed.

They tell us they got product commitments. Whatever. They promised us commitments in 07 they never fulfilled. Remember all the work Ford is investing here,they was already going to regardless of the contract,Uaw says they got work back from Mexico,crock of shit. Gm and Ford was already bringing the work back because of the problems over there from the drug cartels and the drug war. They cant bring it all back at once but youll see slowly they will be bringing more back from Mexico.

We got the exact same contract that Gm did (except a little more change to shut us up). We didnt file bankruptcy,we didnt take a bailout and they come to us with the same shit as a company that did. We did all the sacrificing and gave up our things to keep them from that and because of that it generated more market share and they are making BILLIONS and dont want to share it with the people that are responsible for it all. Pattern bargaining is the old days,it is no longer useful and they keep going the same ol way in bargaining.

We keep hearing that the general public will bash us if we vote it down,well they have always bashed us and yes it got worse during the bailouts,because the politicians and management bashed us to the public. Where was our National leader at the time. If he would have stood up like a leader should and went public in our defense and spoke about how the company is then it wouldnt be so bad. The only person that went public for us was the Mayor of Detroit. Our President is a joke and we all know it and whether your voting yes or no,you know this contract sucks terribly and we can get alot better.

We never wanted Bob King to be our President and we all definately let him and our local leaders know this when he wanted us to give up our right to strike and yet our local leaders went against what we wanted and voted him in. Bob King is in for 1 term and he is going to completely sell us out before he leaves. Im sure his pockets will be well padded when he leaves and Im sure he will be set up in Ford or Gm after he kills the Uaw.

This is only my opinion,you vote how you feel but my Vote is definately a NO,yes a strike is a risk but sometime or another you have to stand up and say enough is enough. You keep hearing when each contract is up,we can take this shit and maybe next contract we can get something back. I have heard this for 2 contracts now (8 yrs now) ,if we dont stand up now it will be 12 yrs of waiting to get something back and if we dont stand up now,we will never get it back. The more 2nd tier workers we get in,the more of us will be pushed out. Our forefathers fought and died for our union and what we did have and its time we give them some honor and stand,unite and fight back.

Like i said this is just my opinion and please vote how you feel. Im sure I will get called some kind of names and how stupid I am,lol. some people on here cant be grown up and just comment without all the names and how other people are wrong and their right.

I know its still real early and along ways to go but so far it looks like its getting voted down. Keep up the good work....

One more thing. If you are in a lawsuit and they come to you with the first offer,do you take the first offer? NO...

Good post!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

"We never wanted Bob King to be our President and we all definately let him and our local leaders know this when he wanted us to give up our right to strike and yet our local leaders went against what we wanted and voted him in. Bob King is in for 1 term and he is going to completely sell us out before he leaves. Im sure his pockets will be well padded when he leaves and Im sure he will be set up in Ford or Gm after he kills the Uaw."

That came into being because the locals elected delegates to the Constitutional Convention who were interested in one thing - sucking up to the IUAW! How many of your delegates supported the referendum vote? I know I did! I may not have supported the oppositional candidate but I supported the right of EVERY UAW member to vote on their leadership! Maybe the next time people will be wiser in their decisions......but looking at the results of the last election I doubt it!

• Like 2

I'm a 2nd tier wage worker, I just found this site tonight, someone at work told me log in..

I am 2nd tier and I don't even like this contract, I am voting no because everyone at full wage that I work with makes great sense when they explain to me why this contract is bad.

How can you be voting no? I read that the voting was done at MAP. Almost half of the votes were a Yes so that is not everyone you are working with. Screw yourself if you can vote by saying No. I guess being a new guy you probally do not have much to lose if we strike. Hmm is that you Chuckie? :shades:

Edited by sez
  • Like 2

How can you be voting no? I read that the voting was done at MAP. Almost half of the votes were a Yes so that is not everyone you are working with. Screw yourself if you can vote by saying No. I guess being a new guy you probally do not have much to lose if we strike. Hmm is that you Chuckie? :shades:

It's Chuckie alright.

excellent post..you just about covered it all. except how thet have screwed the retirees with this deal. keep voting NO !

Not even our break time back,unbelievable. i agee