I can not understand why

chessman

I can not understand why so many people are voting no on this contract. Yes there are somethings in the contract that I don't like, but I don't see one thing in there to go on strike about. I look at it this way, I will be making more money this year if the contract pass. And if Ford keep making big profit like they are doing now I could be getting at profit check for $12000, not counting the other money they want to give us. Sound like a good deal to me. People keep talking about the things that we gave up, people we GAVE THEM UP, they are gone and Ford is not going to give them back, would you, Ford is trying to keep the company cost down, so they are not going to give us those things back. But if you really look at what is going on, you will see that Ford and UAW are trying to give us some of those thing back but in a differ way. We have to start thinking outside of the box. I don't see the differ and don't care what they call it as long as it is more money in my bank account. They can call it cost of living or inflation, and I can go on and on, I just don't care what they call it cause when it get to the bank it is all money. People have to understand this is not the old days, if we go on strike we are going to lose, and may lose your job. Over what, something that we GAVE UP, if you wanted it that bad you should not had voted yes on it. Now is not the time to make a stand, we can not will this fight, maybe next contract but not this one when so many people are unemployed. who are going to support us, nobody. If I was Ford I would love for us to go on strike, cause this would be the best time to bust the union and get new workers in there making $15 a hour. How many people do you think will line up to cross the line to have a chance to work for Ford. Remember in Lousiville KY 12000 people can out to apply for 1200 jobs that are paying $15 a hour, wow, and why are we voting no again.-----Just understand if we are going to get back the things we gave up it will take time--- Also is this contract making us better over all or is this contract taking more from us-------------and if you don't agree with me please keep your name calling to yourself---lol-----

by the way I may be wrong

• Like 5

And if Ford keep making big profit like they are doing now I could be getting at profit check for $12000

dream on..

People keep talking about the things that we gave up, people we GAVE THEM UP, they are gone and Ford is not going to give them back

We gave them up with the understanding that when things turned around we could get them back

who are going to support us, nobody.

I see people at other unions supporting us because we supported them, i've seen a lot of support from verizon.

Remember in Lousiville KY 12000 people can out to apply for 1200 jobs that are paying $15 a hour

can those people walk right in and do the jobs and make quality cars and trucks? can they walk right in and fix machines that go down? you dont just train 41k workers and tradesmen over night.

• Like 1

When you TEMPORARILY give things up to HELP the company and our own futures and then when things start going good and only half the work force receive the things they gave up back it's going make the other half pissed. We are suppose to be ONE Ford. Do I want to go on strike HELL NO. But if it's called I will. I can understand both sides of the vote there's good & bad in this contract it's about to get ugly if more plants vote it down. And all the rumors are a joke nobody knows what's going to happen if voted down. Cuz I keep hearing all sorts of contradicting info.

• Like 2

dream on..

We gave them up with the understanding that when things turned around we could get them back

I see people at other unions supporting us because we supported them, i've seen a lot of support from verizon.

can those people walk right in and do the jobs and make quality cars and trucks? can they walk right in and fix machines that go down? you dont just train 41k workers and tradesmen over night.

Yeah but if Ford can they will do it. All we really are to them is a body nothing more.

• Like 2

When you TEMPORARILY give things up to HELP the company and our own futures and then when things start going good and only half the work force receive the things they gave up back it's going make the other half pissed. We are suppose to be ONE Ford. Do I want to go on strike HELL NO. But if it's called I will. I can understand both sides of the vote there's good & bad in this contract it's about to get ugly if more plants vote it down. And all the rumors are a joke nobody knows what's going to happen if voted down. Cuz I keep hearing all sorts of contradicting info.

I agree with you and I am pissed too, but we have to be smart also. Now is just not the time to strike, let the company keeping making money, they are just getting back on their feet, if the company keep doing good them we can make a stand next contract, as long as we are getting something back little by little then its all good, just remember it took us a lifetime to get the things we gave up so it would not be fair to think that we can get them back in one contract-----I am just saying

• Like 1

Just remember what happened to Caterpillar!

Maybe those of you who think you know better can turn into musicians. I can here it now "On the picket line at Christmas Time!"

Everyone will shurely be sympathetic to our cause.

Vote Yes if you still can. It's just the right thing to do!

• Like 1

I agree with you and I am pissed too, but we have to be smart also. Now is just not the time to strike, let the company keeping making money, they are just getting back on their feet, if the company keep doing good them we can make a stand next contract, as long as we are getting something back little by little then its all good, just remember it took us a lifetime to get the things we gave up so it would not be fair to think that we can get them back in one contract-----I am just saying

they were given up in 1 concession.. not even a contract, so wanting something back should take years? they offered NOTHING back that we gave up.

• Like 1

Just remember what happened to Caterpillar!

Maybe those of you who think you know better can turn into musicians. I can here it now "On the picket line at Christmas Time!"

Everyone will shurely be sympathetic to our cause.

Vote Yes if you still can. It's just the right thing to do!

why dont we remember the alamo while we're at it.

IMO I think the IUAW has become more of a buisiness in the past couple years and are now partners with Ford and out of touch with the members.

Its a sad day when I have to vote yes on a contract because I'm not confident the IUAW will have our backs should we go on strike.Bob King already stated to the media that we will probably concede more if we strike.I dont feel this contract is worth striking for but it sure would be nice to know they have your backs if we do instead of trying to intimidate us.

Again IMO its a yes vote and then bust our ass to make sure we can elect our upper IUAW reps by the entire membership before the next contract.

• Like 1

I can not understand why so many people are voting no on this contract. Yes there are somethings in the contract that I don't like, but I don't see one thing in there to go on strike about. I look at it this way, I will be making more money this year if the contract pass. And if Ford keep making big profit like they are doing now I could be getting at profit check for $12000, not counting the other money they want to give us. Sound like a good deal to me. People keep talking about the things that we gave up, people we GAVE THEM UP, they are gone and Ford is not going to give them back, would you, Ford is trying to keep the company cost down, so they are not going to give us those things back. But if you really look at what is going on, you will see that Ford and UAW are trying to give us some of those thing back but in a differ way. We have to start thinking outside of the box. I don't see the differ and don't care what they call it as long as it is more money in my bank account. They can call it cost of living or inflation, and I can go on and on, I just don't care what they call it cause when it get to the bank it is all money. People have to understand this is not the old days, if we go on strike we are going to lose, and may lose your job. Over what, something that we GAVE UP, if you wanted it that bad you should not had voted yes on it. Now is not the time to make a stand, we can not will this fight, maybe next contract but not this one when so many people are unemployed. who are going to support us, nobody. If I was Ford I would love for us to go on strike, cause this would be the best time to bust the union and get new workers in there making $15 a hour. How many people do you think will line up to cross the line to have a chance to work for Ford. Remember in Lousiville KY 12000 people can out to apply for 1200 jobs that are paying $15 a hour, wow, and why are we voting no again.-----Just understand if we are going to get back the things we gave up it will take time--- Also is this contract making us better over all or is this contract taking more from us-------------and if you don't agree with me please keep your name calling to yourself---lol-----

by the way I may be wrong

It is not that most NO voters do not get it. It is that most NO voters do NOT want to get it. Their gambleing with my money and if they lose I do to. THE RISKS OUTWEIGH THE REWARDS. If you have not voted yet give yourself some peace of mind( and a decent chunk of change) and vote YES.

Edited by sez
  • Like 2

Yeah you are completely right. I didn't think we'd get anything back.

• Like 1

IMO I think the IUAW has become more of a buisiness in the past couple years and are now partners with Ford and out of touch with the members.

Its a sad day when I have to vote yes on a contract because I'm not confident the IUAW will have our backs should we go on strike.Bob King already stated to the media that we will probably concede more if we strike.I dont feel this contract is worth striking for but it sure would be nice to know they have your backs if we do instead of trying to intimidate us.

Again IMO its a yes vote and then bust our ass to make sure we can elect our upper IUAW reps by the entire membership before the next contract.

Thank you for a seeing the big picture. A NO vote win is all that the NO voters might win.

• Like 1

they are preying on the weak asswipes just like you! good job pussy

dream on..

Ford will be "turned around" when Ford is debt free!!

Will the "other unions" walkout and strike with us? Not likely!

You're out of touch with reality here. There are companies that exist just for the sole purpose of replacing striking workers. AS far as replacing tradesmen goes. Yes we could be replaced with workers out of Comau or KUKA. And they could do it all from the trailers that are already onsite at most plants.

Labor laws are against us when we strike. Remember the Air Traffic Controllers strike of the 80's? The Detroit News/Free Press Strike? The Guardian Glass Strike? The list goes on.

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO STRIKE.

• Like 1

This is not the time for a strike...how many people do you think will line up for jobs to replace us?....thousands!

Right On. The picket line will be crossed by scabs. It would be ugly. I was talking to a friend just last night.about a possible strike at Ford. He was telling me of his experiences during the 1977 Mclouth Steel strike. He remembers his coworkers actually jumping the fences to cross picket lines. He also remembered watching the evening news covering the Strike at Guardian Glass in 1986. The Monroe County Sheriffs department actually posted a deputy sheriff at the picket line 24/7 to protect scabs entering the plant.

Have the No-Voters given this real possibility any thought?

• Like 1

Yeah you are completely right. I didn't think we'd get anything back.

Yea maybe now is not the time to strike but what would be the problem with the IUAW leaving the COLA, Holiday and x-mas bonus language in and just leave it suspended for review in two years?

• Like 1

Well said, nobody knows the future but I feel we are trapped in the give an inch and Ford takes a mile scenario