THIS IS NOT A GAME!

uawsoldier

Would we like more? Do we deserve more? I believe everyone would answer YES! I am not just talking about US "ford workers" Im talking about every worker. Everybody has given things up these past several years and would like to get those things back. We need to remember the economy is not back yet, it is up and down everyday. Everyday we still see give backs from workers, pay freeze from city workers, bonus give backs from fireman, the list just continues. I don't believe now is the time to play games with our jobs. We have to look at what is happening around us, people are still losing there jobs, unemployment is still at near record highs, wages are being cut. Yet, we are offered a contract that adds jobs, gives a signing bonus, gives raises to some workers, gives annual 1500 bonuses, profit sharing checks, no increase in our medical, brings jobs out of Mexico,ect. WE have helped the company with our past give aways and I believe we saved the company with our sacrifices but the economy is not back yet. I think we got a little bit back in this contract, Would I like more? Do I deserve more? My answer is Yes! But I know I need to wait a little longer before I am ready to go all in. Vote Yes for our families, Vote Yes for our Communities!

• Like 2

Jobs are not coming out of Mexico. The US plant will simply be handling the production overload from down south of the Rio Grande. Hermisillo and Cuatillan will be running full tilt with no lost work.

I do not think others believe this to be a game, and reading your post, the valid points you made are actually one of the reasons for my no vote. Someone somewhere has to stand up for what is being done to the labor force of this country.

Would we like more? Do we deserve more? I believe everyone would answer YES! I am not just talking about US "ford workers" Im talking about every worker. Everybody has given things up these past several years and would like to get those things back. We need to remember the economy is not back yet, it is up and down everyday. Everyday we still see give backs from workers, pay freeze from city workers, bonus give backs from fireman, the list just continues. I don't believe now is the time to play games with our jobs. We have to look at what is happening around us, people are still losing there jobs, unemployment is still at near record highs, wages are being cut. Yet, we are offered a contract that adds jobs, gives a signing bonus, gives raises to some workers, gives annual 1500 bonuses, profit sharing checks, no increase in our medical, brings jobs out of Mexico,ect. WE have helped the company with our past give aways and I believe we saved the company with our sacrifices but the economy is not back yet. I think we got a little bit back in this contract, Would I like more? Do I deserve more? My answer is Yes! But I know I need to wait a little longer before I am ready to go all in. Vote Yes for our families, Vote Yes for our Communities!

I understand what you are saying, everyone has felt the crunch however,I feel like our int. reps tried to give us a stuff shot in oct.'09 with giving up our right to strike and then the next day Ford posts a huge profit!!!! I truly believe that their intent (our int.reps and the company) to use our strike fund to support veba.VEBA WAS ONE BIG MISTAKE AND THEY KNOW THAT NOW!!!! So there is NO trust between the members at my local and the very people who negotiated this pos contract. The boys downtown thought we would have OBAMA care by now and the veba fund would be a good addition to their pockets.It is what it is.

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying, everyone has felt the crunch however,I feel like our int. reps tried to give us a stuff shot in oct.'09 with giving up our right to strike and then the next day Ford posts a huge profit!!!! I truly believe that their intent (our int.reps and the company) to use our strike fund to support veba.VEBA WAS ONE BIG MISTAKE AND THEY KNOW THAT NOW!!!! So there is NO trust between the members at my local and the very people who negotiated this pos contract. The boys downtown thought we would have OBAMA care by now and the veba fund would be a good addition to their pockets.It is what it is.

Amen sister!!!

• Like 1

Couldn't have said it any better.

• Like 1

is this a game nope. is paying ford and mallaly a billion dollars a year in salery and bonus fair wile our wages are going are going down because cola will be way higher in a few years . dont forget when we took consessions the uaw salery downtown voted themselfs a raise. watch news and you will see many business are bringing back products to the good old usa because over seas labor and shipping is getting more expensive then building quilaty products here. little more info what ford and the uaw is doning is called is ( red circling) it will forever make our and future employes wages lower

to late already voted no! don't worry, obama has a jobs bill....again....

You asked "Would I like more? Do I deserve more?" My answer is no, since you are afraid to fight for it.

Edited by LoyalBlue

Jobs are not coming out of Mexico. The US plant will simply be handling the production overload from down south of the Rio Grande. Hermisillo and Cuatillan will be running full tilt with no lost work.

I do not think others believe this to be a game, and reading your post, the valid points you made are actually one of the reasons for my no vote. Someone somewhere has to stand up for what is being done to the labor force of this country.

In the past when I heard about some workers going on strike it was because the company that they worked for was trying to take something from the workers that was going to drastically change their lives for the worse. When the rest of the nation hears why we are going on strike they will not get it. We are not taking a big hit with this agreement and it even adds jobs which the country likes to hear.The extra couple thousand that some say will help pass the deal will make us look like we are trying to hold an already generous company( at least in the eyes of the rest of the world) hostage. Is it really about getting more money or is it about to just show the man who is in charge now? What does it tell you NO voters when only half of the membership is with you? If it was such a shitty deal there would be a mass majority in favor of stiking if need be. If the deal does not pass I hope that the company does not inflict as severe punishment as they could because of the near half that voted YES. If this contract was up when all the bailouts were going on we would of maybe voted YES for a lot less. In four years if the economy grows and the company is raking in profits and has expanded its marketshare then we will be in a great position to increase or incomes. For now I and a lot of others are good where we are at.

Edited by sez

Hopefully economic reality will sink in with most people and the contract will pass.There are many good things in the contract.Things that will indirectly help the entire economy of the USA out and besides we can all be replaced for $15-30 an hour or Ford will simply go elsewhere and make cars and trucks.

I think it is a game to the no voters and paid rightwingers on this site who want to destroy our union. Their goal is to have the vote go down, put us out on a strike or lockout and replace us. If we vote no, they win. If we vote YES, we win.

I think it is a game to the no voters and paid rightwingers on this site who want to destroy our union. Their goal is to have the vote go down, put us out on a strike or lockout and replace us. If we vote no, they win. If we vote YES, we win.

Wow big words from an International shill thats been on here what 2 weeks now