Bill Ford-I apologize.

ZanatWork

It's worth some humiliation to get faith rewarded.

I thought Ford had given hatred and segregation a win last week with the pulling of ads from gay publications. I was horribly disappointed, severely pissed off, and genreally unable to believe that a huge company like Ford could let some group-hiding behind the word "Family"-push them around. I couldn't understand how this could happen, and was particulalry vicious in my thoughts on the matter.

Sadly, I can't delete the whole thread. I happily encourage the moderators to do so, however.

Anyway, Bill and co., I apologize. I thought you'd given in to people one step away from jackboots and/or white sheet wardrobes...and I should have known better.

Actually, given all the discussions and headlines...I'd say that Ford's newest response is the only reason it'll blow over.

I heard things on the news about it the DAY that Ford made the first announcement. Nothing after that. I wonder if the mainstream media will even bring this new revelation up at all, or hold it for some blurb on the news ticker or page 22 of the paper next to the pet obituaries?

I heard things on the news about it the DAY that Ford made the first announcement.

Actually, Ford never made an announcement. They met with the AFA, and the AFA announced an end to their boycott, making it sound as though Ford had caved in to their pressure.

The only thing any Ford executive has said publicly is that some of the GLBT advertising done in Europe "could have been done better".

(BTW)

ZanatWork; part of me wouldn't mind yanking the topic. However... the other, louder, part of me says you should only be allowed to add to history, never to change it (though I have altered the topic title somewhat).

I think it is going to hurt Ford badly in the midwest and south, which happens to be their biggest markets. I know a number of people who have commented on how this will make them less likely to purchase a Ford - I know I will be less likely to buy another one.

Another example of how messed up Bill Ford and his minions are trying to run this company further into the ground - they don't understand the implications of taking sides in the cultural divide in this country.

And now the AFA is making nasty noises again...it's time to bury them in horrid PR.

Yep! The AFA wack-os are trying to hurt a company that's already reeling.

How will boycotting Ford help the families of the people who work for Ford? I'll go out on a limb here, and say that probably most Ford employees are heterosexuals, with families (I'm one of them).

So if the religious nazis of the AFA are successful---I and many others could lose our jobs. Lose our means of supporting our families.

All because Ford advertises in "Out" and the "Advocate?"

What are the sick bastards of the AFA doing reading gay magazines, anyway?

;)

I think it is going to hurt Ford badly in the midwest and south, which happens to be their biggest markets. I know a number of people who have commented on how this will make them less likely to purchase a Ford - I know I will be less likely to buy another one.

Refering to Disney as an example, I doubt Ford sales will suffer much. Time and time again, people choose cars because of perceived value, style, and best price. It is for this reason it is not uncommon to see a Rebel flag on a Toyota down here in Tallahassee, Florida.

Ford has sent the right message. The message isn't that it supports gays. It is sending a message that it will not give into discrimination of any kind.

Another example of how messed up Bill Ford and his minions are trying to run this company further into the ground - they don't understand the implications of taking sides in the cultural divide in this country.

Ummm...the AFA drew up the sides and forced Ford to choose. The nasty NAZIs-in-disguise are promoting segregation, essentially...and anyone backing them is in the wrong country.

I'm curious, who did these AFA folks tell this news to? Did they release it on their site for their members to hear, and then the really bias media find's it, blows it up, and using their history, make Ford look like an idiot by naming the AFA a group who are against "Diversity" and "Equality" amongst other thing's, and using words like "Caved In" to the demands of the AFA to make Ford look weak... I'm curious as to who the announcement was made to (What press sources) and to why it blew up so quickly...

This is coming from someone who doesn't know too much about how this made such huge headlines all over the place, who the AFA appeared to, and if they went out wanting to get attention or where they given all of this press coverage considering the stance of the media.... but it's become quite annoying. It's become a battle over Gay Rights, The European Model, and Hate Groups.

What about Ford... before anyone ever examined this from why Ford made the desicions that it made, the arguement over Gay rights, Super Conservative Christian Bigots, and the degrading of a Great American Company made the headlines, selfish interest groups.

I hate the AFA. I am a Christian. I do not approve of Gay Marriage. But I do respect Gay people, I work for one, and I have alot of Gay Friends (I live in the Greater Portland Metro Area.. lol). But I am even more concerned about the State of Ford. If they choose to Advertise to Gay groups, by putting a vehicle in their magezine, great. As Ford has said before: "We're not in the Business of Beliefs... We believe all Purchasers are Equal" or something like that. However, if your not in the system of beliefs and you believe that all of your purchasers are equal, you'll treat Christians who purchase your vehicles with just as much attention through marketing and other Christian related events as you would the AFrican Americans you market to(and the concerts you hold, and the useage of the Culture to market your Fusion to my generation), the Gay and Lesbians you market to, and all of the other groups who sustain your livelyhood. Going out of your way to make one group happy and another group angry is not a good way to conduct business, find common ground amongst the two, and reap it's benefits... (no brainer huh... lol, j/k)

It's a tug-of-war, on one side, some super conservative Christians who want Ford to stay Soverigen on this, on the other Side, Gay Groups who deserve and are fully entitled to the fair treatment and respect that society doesn't give them, because their people too, which you sometimes forget through all the name calling and lifestyle bashing. One side feel's their right, and reduces the opposing side to nothing more then either hate or sinful. In the middle, Ford is being tugged away at, and in the end, the biggest Loser is not the Gay groups, not the Christians, who seem to take their fight everywhere, but Ford. Selfish, Selfish, Selfish. That is my humble opinion on this matter.