skilled trades openings in chicago

makithapn

I am a M/W at Indy with 89 seniority, I was told today by my local reps that I am not eligible for transfer because we (non-ILO trades) are not until step 6... yes that is step 6, I've been trying to find out what's going on since we heard that the company was canvassing our ILO M/Ws (thanks to them for letting us know) and that is the last word from my local, working trades from Indy are NOT offered transfers until step 6, I certainly wish it were otherwise

You will be getting your chance brother only 5 MW's signed up for Chicago & 0 welders

You will be getting your chance brother only 5 MW's signed up for Chicago & 0 welders

I found out Thursday that I got the bid to Chicago and am scheduled to report on Dec. 12, I am looking for other transfers to share a home that I have lined up 10 miles from the plant in a very nice area. I am a pipefitter from the Monroe plant.

Thank you WhiteFord, I signed up friday, with the thanksgiving holiday next week, I expect I won't hear anything until the week after. Not counting my eggs, but hoping. Just wish the best for everyone.

Thank you WhiteFord, I signed up friday, with the thanksgiving holiday next week, I expect I won't hear anything until the week after. Not counting my eggs, but hoping. Just wish the best for everyone.

IndyMW do you know if any other millwrights from Indy are signing up ? I also was wondering how far from indy is the Chicago plant ?

Edited by wixom22

Can anyone explain why so many people are passing on the opportunity to go to Chicago for a permanent millwright job.

IndyMW do you know if any other millwrights from Indy are signing up ? I also was wondering how far from indy is the Chicago plant ?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Wixom, Lap, active M/Ws were canvased for 5 openings in Chicago, I was the only active at Indy to sign up, we had 1 ILO M/W that signed up as well. I was told the company rep that deals with transfers was out of the office all week for the holidays, so it will be sometime next week before I hear anything. I did "hear" that the M/w on ILO has a report date in december, the 12th I think it was. Indy is 183 miles from Chicago, +or- the actual distance to plant and stuff. Angrier, Duanesz is probably right, cost of living is higher, here at Indy, most are hoping for LAP, a lot (production and electricians) have already transfered to lap or KTP as well as some P/F, not much else, we had that 1 (changed to 2) opening for M/Ws at LAP a few months ago

Edited by IndyMW

As of 2:30 pm 12/02 I have no word on transfers to Chicago. My rep told me on thursday 12/01 that these things can take months!! I have to wonder how long their lead time is for ordering toilet paper in the big house. Maybe I'll hear something before the actual report date arrives