skilled trades openings in chicago

makithapn

Chicago is asking for 10 millwrights in chicago sign up ends tuesday the 8th, CAP

I WAS INFORMED BY OUR UNION (INDY), THAT THERE WILL BE NO POSTINGS , THIS IS ONLY OPEN TO TRADES ON ILO.

I only saw the sheet for millwrights, there may be others but i do not know.

Just a word of caution to the lower seniority tradesmen, but if there are not enough volunteers, then when they come back to ask you the second time. you

will have to drop your classification or go to chicago. Looks as if ford is trying to reduce trades some more.

AGAIN, JUST ANOTHER SLAP IN THE FACE FOR TRADESMAN, SENIORITY MEANS NOTHING!

DID THE HIERARCHY CHANGE IN THE NEW CONTRACT, IT USE TO READ IN A CLOSING FACILITY (INDY), THAT WHEN AN OPENING CAME UP,

JOBS WERE TO BE POSTED AND BACKFILLED BY THE TRADESMAN ON ILO?

AND YES I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH MY WHINING

Chicago is asking for 10 millwrights in chicago sign up ends tuesday the 8th, CAP

I WAS INFORMED BY OUR UNION (INDY), THAT THERE WILL BE NO POSTINGS , THIS IS ONLY OPEN TO TRADES ON ILO.

I only saw the sheet for millwrights, there may be others but i do not know.

Just a word of caution to the lower seniority tradesmen, but if there are not enough volunteers, then when they come back to ask you the second time. you

will have to drop your classification or go to chicago. Looks as if ford is trying to reduce trades some more.

AGAIN, JUST ANOTHER SLAP IN THE FACE FOR TRADESMAN, SENIORITY MEANS NOTHING!

DID THE HIERARCHY CHANGE IN THE NEW CONTRACT, IT USE TO READ IN A CLOSING FACILITY (INDY), THAT WHEN AN OPENING CAME UP,

JOBS WERE TO BE POSTED AND BACKFILLED BY THE TRADESMAN ON ILO?

AND YES I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME CHEESE TO GO WITH MY WHINING

From what I was told from my skilled trades rep. The contract did not change from the last one. If you have someone from your plant on ILO in your trade a higher Seniority worker can bid on it.

10 Millwrights

3 Inspection Tooling and Layout

From my understanding trades working production have been notified.

I saw a req. sheet this morning

10 millwrights

11 pipefitters

I did not see any other trades,

I do not think this is proper hierarchy for closing plants, I am having my union rep. e-mailing the international, hoping to get an answer soon,

Twin cities , I believe you are closing also. You should have the opportunity to be offfered these openings also, I know some of you are going to LAP and that is great, this is a little closer to home for you,

I also am signed up for LAP, to production, but I would like to stay on my tools

Just want the opportunity

Was informed today that the hierarchy has been changed,,, there will be no postings until step 3, if jobs have not been filled in steps 1 or 2

It is in the new contract on pages 95-99 or 085A-089A

Seniority has taken another step in the wrong direction

There are 121 millwrights laid off or working production

and 87 pipefitters according to the req. I saw today

Edited by makithapn

Was informed today that the hierarchy has been changed,,, there will be no postings until step 3, if jobs have not been filled in steps 1 or 2

The postings are up to stage 1-5 for the jobs in Chicago. Stage 5 Out of zone Preferential Placement hierarchy ( Surplus Employees Only )

Forms to be turned in by COB Tuesday, November 8 2011

Edited by wixom22

Looks to be some confusion as to how the new Hierarchy is. Looks like my skilled trades rep. was miss informed.

The paperwork lists steps 1-5 in the Hierarchy paperwork I have for the 10 Millwright openings.

I saw a req. sheet this morning

10 millwrights

11 pipefitters

I did not see any other trades,

I do not think this is proper hierarchy for closing plants, I am having my union rep. e-mailing the international, hoping to get an answer soon,

Twin cities , I believe you are closing also. You should have the opportunity to be offfered these openings also, I know some of you are going to LAP and that is great, this is a little closer to home for you,

I also am signed up for LAP, to production, but I would like to stay on my tools

Just want the opportunity

I know some of the TCAP trades would like the opportunity also.

The postings are up to stage 1-5 for the jobs in Chicago. Stage 5 Out of zone Preferential Placement hierarchy ( Surplus Employees Only )

Forms to be turned in by COB Tuesday, November 8 2011

Thank you for the updated info.

Could you or someone else please explain to me, What is the, contractual defintion of (SURPLUS EMPLOYEES), in my interpretation of surplus employees, all closing facilities shoulld be labeled (SURPLUS)

Twin cities is scheduled to close in december, Why are they not ahead of laid off employee with less seniority, chicago transfers report date is not until 1-12-2012, they will be laid off!

I am so confused!!

Thank you for the updated info.

Could you or someone else please explain to me, What is the, contractual defintion of (SURPLUS EMPLOYEES), in my interpretation of surplus employees, all closing facilities shoulld be labeled (SURPLUS)

Twin cities is scheduled to close in december, Why are they not ahead of laid off employee with less seniority, chicago transfers report date is not until 1-12-2012, they will be laid off!

I am so confused!!

This may help

sur·plus (sûrpls, -pls) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Being more than or in excess of what is needed or required: surplus workers. See Synonyms at superfluous.

If Trades are working at TCAP then they are not surplus, quite simple really. I would imagine once the plant closes ant they are ILO then they would be considered surplus (see definition above)

This may help

sur·plus (sûrpls, -pls) KEY

ADJECTIVE:

Being more than or in excess of what is needed or required: surplus workers. See Synonyms at superfluous.

If Trades are working at TCAP then they are not surplus, quite simple really. I would imagine once the plant closes ant they are ILO then they would be considered surplus (see definition above)

Thank you, that is right out of websters dictionary, now let me ask yu, we at (indy) have a number of trades not working, 8 millwrights and 6 pipefitters among others, but we do not qualify. How does that work, We have a number of excess (surplus), employees

still confused

I am not a smart ass, I just want to know what the stipulations are to be a surplus employeee thanks

Edited by webcumin

Thank you, that is right out of websters dictionary, now let me ask yu, we at (indy) have a number of trades not working, 8 millwrights and 6 pipefitters among others, but we do not qualify. How does that work, We have a number of excess (surplus), employees

still confused

I am not a smart ass, I just want to know what the stipulations are to be a surplus employeee thanks

You are either Chucky or someone trying to discredit Indy workers. The posting clearly lists INDY as a location with excess and a location again eligible to sign the Chicago opportunities, just like the Indy Skilled group that signed and went to LAP over the summer

Go away troll

Edited by Skilled1

You are either Chucky or someone trying to discredit Indy workers. The posting clearly lists INDY as a location with excess and a location again eligible to sign the Chicago opportunities, just like the Indy Skilled group that signed and went to LAP over the summer

Go away troll

I am not chuckie and have no idea who he is,,, I am a millwright with 89 seniority at indy and we were not eligible to sign up like i did for LAP, only laid off mw"w and pf"s were eligible,, we are active and not considered surplus,,

I thought the seniority tradesman should get to bid and if any were accepted, then the laid off should backfill their spots,,

active employees are not considered surplus, even though we have many. and we are closing

I am not trying to discredit my own brothers, and if I could get them back on their tools, that would be great, most of them have been laid off for over a year now. and if they give seniority their "rights to seniority" then I am willing to go and they will backfill my spot.

I am not a selfish person but I have paid my dues

I am not chuckie and have no idea who he is,,, I am a millwright with 89 seniority at indy and we were not eligible to sign up like i did for LAP, only laid off mw"w and pf"s were eligible,, we are active and not considered surplus,,

I thought the seniority tradesman should get to bid and if any were accepted, then the laid off should backfill their spots,,

active employees are not considered surplus, even though we have many. and we are closing

I am not trying to discredit my own brothers, and if I could get them back on their tools, that would be great, most of them have been laid off for over a year now. and if they give seniority their "rights to seniority" then I am willing to go and they will backfill my spot.

I am not a selfish person but I have paid my dues

Look Troll its obvious you are not at Indy

Indy trades are signing the posting

The language is also clear and step 3 (Out of zone opportunities) clearly exposes your lies

3. If openings still exist, in-zone employees who are on Indefinite Layoff

and/or defined as surplus will be advised of available in-zone posting

opportunities for voluntary transfer. Once authorized by the Company's

Labor Affairs Office, Local Hourly Personnel Offices at the in-zone

location(s} will post a notice for volunteers. Eligible volunteers are

I} Employees in the requested trade on Indefinite Layoff

2} Employees in the requested trade defined as surplus

3} Employees on active rolls in the requested trade and are

currently working at a facility with employees on Indefinite

Layoff or defined as surplus4} Ford employees in the requested trade working at ACH-LLC

facilities

All active volunteer transfers will be limited to the number of skilled

employees in the requested trade on Indefinite Layoff or defined as

surplus at that location.

If the in-zone opportunities have not been filled, the openings will be

filled through the mandatory transfer of in-zone employees on

Indefinite Layoff or those defined as surplus. Mandatory placement will

be administered in the following order: 1) Skilled Trade employees on

Indefinite Layoff, 2) Skilled Trade employees on temporary loans, and

3) Skilled Trade employees working in production. Mandatory placement

of these employees will be accomplished according to lowest-to-highest

seniority order (Date of Entry).

Got to UAW.Org for clear contract language before you spew your lies. (its easy to cut and paste from the site).

Good bye Troll

• Like 1

The language is also clear and step 3 (Out of zone opportunities) clearly exposes your lies

Layoff or defined as surplus4} Ford employees in the requested trade working at ACH-LLC

facilities

Got to UAW.Org for clear contract language before you spew your lies. (its easy to cut and paste from the site).

Good bye Troll

I am sorry that you are so judgemental, you don't know me and I don't lie to anyone, I am telling you that I am from indy and the ACTIVE enployees are not eligible to sign up, we had one mw sign up , been on ILO for over a year now,

My union rep says we dont qualify until step 6, Active employees are not defined as surplus, no matter how many are laid off at our facility.

I agree with you, we should be considered in step 3, and I have complained every day , but to no avail,

these so called postings (listings) were not posted, in our facility, the ILO employees were notified by phone

I am no troll, I am just looking for clarification of a surplus employee,

I have been to the union and got no answer,

facilities

Good bye Troll

If Indy is out of zone for CAP than Web is correct....active employee's will not be asked until step 6 of the heirarchy.

Also, step 5 gives the guy who is from a closed plant and cannot backfill to anywhere, an opportunity . I understand that high seniority should get first dibs but should this guy stay laid-off while someone with lower seniority takes the backfill job? If your from a closed plant there has to be a lifeline somewhere or he'll never get placed.

Edited by EvilTwin

facilities

Good bye Troll

Cut the guy some slack. It seems to me he is just asking a question. He wants to understand how the hierarchy works. We do not need to personally attack each other

simply because we do not agree with what they say.

• Like 1

Cut the guy some slack. It seems to me he is just asking a question. He wants to understand how the hierarchy works. We do not need to personally attack each other

He is a liar

They are considered step 3

I asked my Bargaining Rep today if he knew anyone from Indy and he knew someone on committee there and he called him and verified that in fact the Chicago postings are up at indy and all are eligible to sign ILO and active within the same trade so the "web" clown is exposed like the fake that he is.............

Hmmmm sounds a lot like that chuckie guy,,, no???

thanks for the support (e-twin and lap89),

maybe one of you or anyone else, (even you skilled one) can shed some light on the contractual definition of SURPLUS EMPLOYEES , I had a response that it was someone on idefinite layoff, but the language says AND/OR, either you are indefinite or you are surplus, What is the meaning? Which is it?

Surplus is new in the language and i am looking for clarification, If it is already being questioned now. it will come up again down the road,

thanks in advance

skilled one, i am not going to call you names or a liar, but if yu want to come to indy , go to building maintenance, ask for me (mark) and we will discuss just how stupid you are,, have your someone call and ask for eric, that is our union rep. and he will tell you and your only friend , that you are both full of shit!

Edited by webcumin
  • Like 2

thanks for the support (e-twin and lap89),

maybe one of you or anyone else, (even you skilled one) can shed some light on the contractual definition of SURPLUS EMPLOYEES , I had a response that it was someone on idefinite layoff, but the language says AND/OR, either you are indefinite or you are surplus, What is the meaning? Which is it?

Surplus is new in the language and i am looking for clarification, If it is already being questioned now. it will come up again down the road,

thanks in advance

skilled one, i am not going to call you names or a liar, but if yu want to come to indy , go to building maintenance, ask for me (mark) and we will discuss just how stupid you are,, have your someone call and ask for eric, that is our union rep. and he will tell you and your only friend , that you are both full of shit!

In 2007, the new vocabulary added "shuttered" and "idled" as synonyms for "CLOSED".

New Speak. 1984

He is a liar

They are considered step 3

I asked my Bargaining Rep today if he knew anyone from Indy and he knew someone on committee there and he called him and verified that in fact the Chicago postings are up at indy and all are eligible to sign ILO and active within the same trade so the "web" clown is exposed like the fake that he is.............

Hmmmm sounds a lot like that chuckie guy,,, no???

I am a M/W at Indy with 89 seniority, I was told today by my local reps that I am not eligible for transfer because we (non-ILO trades) are not until step 6... yes that is step 6, I've been trying to find out what's going on since we heard that the company was canvassing our ILO M/Ws (thanks to them for letting us know) and that is the last word from my local, working trades from Indy are NOT offered transfers until step 6, I certainly wish it were otherwise

I am a M/W at Indy with 89 seniority, I was told today by my local reps that I am not eligible for transfer because we (non-ILO trades) are not until step 6... yes that is step 6, I've been trying to find out what's going on since we heard that the company was canvassing our ILO M/Ws (thanks to them for letting us know) and that is the last word from my local, working trades from Indy are NOT offered transfers until step 6, I certainly wish it were otherwise

Your local Reps are correct. In your situation (active) you are considered step 6 in the new agreement.

I would suggest not coming on here for contractual explanations. Most of the posters on here are haters and do anything to discredit and weaken our great union.

Your local Reps more than likely get many contractual clarifications from the Region or International and they are your "source" for contract questions. Your local reps swore a oath and care about the members of the local. I suggest to take any "answers" you get here as not credible.

Good luck and trust your elected leaders