SHO Explorer??

onebadf150

In December 2010 I spoke with the Explorer Marketing Manager and he said the plan was the 3.5 EcoBoost for the 2013 MY. At this point, I'm not sure if anything has changed, but dealers can't get enough of EcoBoost F150's and Explorer is selling well without it. I would not be surprised to see a delay until supply improves or demand for Explorer wanes a bit.

The 2013 Explorers are already out. Hopefully the 2014 Explorer gets it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was searching around the internet and came up this this webpage saying there might be a ford explorer sho in the works? I think it would be awesome to have a sports crossover similar to the srt jeep with the 3.5L ecoboost. Does anyone have any info on this?

The Explorer will never be similiar to the SRT Jeep even with the Ecoboost. Too much hp being put out by Jeep. Now if they put the Boss 5.0L in the Explorer, I would put it ahead of the Jeep just because of the bells and whistles that would be in the Explorer. My friend has the Explorer Limited with the bells and whistles and I like it more than the SRT Jeep's interior.

Edited by TrueBlueCajun

I agree the SHO nameplate has a good ring to it. But think hving two badges both indicating performance versions can get tricky.

Just my $.02 I would say anything coming out of Ford as a perfoamnce model should stick with SVT but keep the Tauraus as SHO as it has always been. theres something to be said for legacy names.

But one badge is just as good as the other, what matters is what the badge is on right :-)

I cant wait to see the Specs for it. I wonder if they will go the route of the Raptor and make it an offroad version or more of a sleeper for the streets.

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the new explorer sport? Doesn't have the sho moniker but it's basically what your looking for 3.5l ecoboost awd. I checked it out on Ford's website and built one. It starts out at 40k and w/ options gets up to about 50. It only has 4 color options and has black trim and grille, unique 20" wheels and explorer written across the hood similar to the 13 flex. It also has some unique interior options.

I have a 2013 flex w/ ecoboost been driving for little over a month now a loving every mile. It's funny how fast this nearly 5,000 pound tank gets moving!