C & D Tests Camaro ZL1

OHV 16V

Does Ford have anything like GM's magnetic ride control in the pipeline?. Considering how well the magnetic ride control equipped ZL-1 performs there is definitely something to it. The MT comparison of the ZL-1 and BOSS LS, seemed to indicate the ZL-1 was remarkably better in handling than the BOSS, granted it's 10,000 more expensive. While the magnetic ride control is probably too expensive to put on lower cost, higher-volume vehicles, that may well change someday.

Edited by meyeste

Does Ford have anything like GM's magnetic ride control in the pipeline?. Considering how well the magnetic ride control equipped ZL-1 performs there is definitely something to it. The MT comparison of the ZL-1 and BOSS LS, seemed to indicate the ZL-1 was remarkably better in handling than the BOSS, granted it's 10,000 more expensive. While the magnetic ride control is probably too expensive to put on lower cost, higher-volume vehicles, that may well change someday.

Yes - already announced for Lincoln and I could see it being used in the Mustang.

When it works it's great, but those struts/shocks are EXPENSIVE to replace on your dime. Some of the older DTS's are starting to show their age and once and a while a strut goes bad.

Try telling people to spend $1800 per wheel and you get either slack jaws or cursing.

• 3 weeks later...

When it works it's great, but those struts/shocks are EXPENSIVE to replace on your dime. Some of the older DTS's are starting to show their age and once and a while a strut goes bad.

Try telling people to spend $1800 per wheel and you get either slack jaws or cursing.

I would sell the car before paying $1,800 a wheel for struts. For that money it better come with free supermodels (my choice and at least 6) available at my beck and call 7/24.