Skilled Working Production Meeting

ALEX4398

Quick question to skilled trades: First off glad to hear alot of you guys should be returning to your tools, but did the union say anything about hiring LTSs or Full timers to replace you guys with a mass exodus of tradesmen working on line and us being shorthanded as it is we hope they will fill you guys 1for1production

should be loads of the unwilling from rawsonville since they lost the starter sometime this summer.

Quick question to skilled trades: First off glad to hear alot of you guys should be returning to your tools, but did the union say anything about hiring LTSs or Full timers to replace you guys with a mass exodus of tradesmen working on line and us being shorthanded as it is we hope they will fill you guys 1for1production

You need to call Ford department of the IUAW to see where your name is on the list...

So, I was wondering how long it will take the union and company to put up all these posting? I thought the step buyout gave till June to get released. I would think things would have to move pretty quick if they wanted everyone moved by then. I know I'm torturing myself but after 5 years of pinball and rumors of layoffs I don't want the rug pulled out from under us now.(wouldn't be the first time for that) I would hope the UAW will hold the company to their word and we see some action soon after this March 9th deadline. 6 months tops for all us to be placed I think would be realistic.

So, I was wondering how long it will take the union and company to put up all these posting? I thought the step buyout gave till June to get released. I would think things would have to move pretty quick if they wanted everyone moved by then. I know I'm torturing myself but after 5 years of pinball and rumors of layoffs I don't want the rug pulled out from under us now.(wouldn't be the first time for that) I would hope the UAW will hold the company to their word and we see some action soon after this March 9th deadline. 6 months tops for all us to be placed I think would be realistic.

Its happening, talked to the trades unit today. The union is holding the company to the 1 for 1 agreement. We should be back within 4 - 5 weeks :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Its happening, talked to the trades unit today. The union is holding the company to the 1 for 1 agreement. We should be back within 4 - 5 weeks :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

i bet rawsonville with not replace trades 1 for 1.

You should be back in your trade fairly quickly. Management is scrambling to understand reskilling and backfilling now.

You should be back in your trade fairly quickly. Management is scrambling to understand reskilling and backfilling now.

I also heard the Electrical reskilling was put on hold for two reasons. One, there is supposedly some Journeymen that were laid off right after they graduated and they must be put back to work. Two, there are so many trades retiring that the mechanical trades currently working production will be needed to backfill.

Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 900 trades leaving and only 600? in production/ILO , I have a feeling everyone will get a opportunity to get back into the trades.

See you guys soon, looking forward to working with you

Sounds like most are leaving May/June so hopefully see postings before shutdown