2012 F-150 More Build Flexibility & Feature Information

cgartly

It would be really nice to see Ford add some more flexibility and detailed feature information on the F-150's (I'm sure this applies to other models as well). I understand why certain power train combinations don't go together but why can't I pick the particular mirrors I want on my truck? It would at least be nice to see there be more feature choices, even if it means paying a bit more than the deal you may or may not get in a package.

You used to be able to customize your order a lot more.

In the 2012 F-150 I just ordered I ended up with different mirrors than I want and also different wheels due to the packaging.

It would be really nice to see Ford add some more flexibility and detailed feature information on the F-150's (I'm sure this applies to other models as well). I understand why certain power train combinations don't go together but why can't I pick the particular mirrors I want on my truck? It would at least be nice to see there be more feature choices, even if it means paying a bit more than the deal you may or may not get in a package.

You used to be able to customize your order a lot more.

In the 2012 F-150 I just ordered I ended up with different mirrors than I want and also different wheels due to the packaging.

Because the F150 already has 50 zillion option combinations........

It ropes you into buying a higher trim level so Ford can make more profit.

I don't mind buying the higher trim level so much as not getting the features I want. Once I select F-150 Supercrew 4x4 lariat, there really isn't that many options or combinations of options. They have severely limited it.

The biggest annoyance for me is I don't want the tow mirrors, I'd much rather have power folding, however once I select the Lariat Chrome Package, I'm stuck with tow mirrors! I want the rest of the chrome package.

I guess it comes down to deciding what you want more and living with the rest.