Buy-out packages at Kcap

what-next

Has anyone heard anymore news about buy-outs at Kc? Nothing else has been said about if all or how many were getting packages here? Just wondering if anyone had info on this. Thanks. :shrug:

We at SLAP were told this week while in orientation for KCAP that buy-outs will be one for one. We have about 340 coming from SLAP so I would assume 340 packages will be awarded in KC.

Has anyone heard anymore news about buy-outs at Kc? Nothing else has been said about if all or how many were getting packages here? Just wondering if anyone had info on this. Thanks. :shrug:

The first two "waves" of people going were supposed to take care of our over-manning problem, the lists are supposed to be posted two months at a time. The next few months of posted buyout lists will see the same amount of buyouts as St. Louis people coming in. After they have awarded all of the packages that cover the amount of St Louis personnel who come into the plant, then they will have a manpower meeting to see if they can let more people go. That is just what my "source" told me, hope it helps

Dave

The first two "waves" of people going were supposed to take care of our over-manning problem, the lists are supposed to be posted two months at a time. The next few months of posted buyout lists will see the same amount of buyouts as St. Louis people coming in. After they have awarded all of the packages that cover the amount of St Louis personnel who come into the plant, then they will have a manpower meeting to see if they can let more people go. That is just what my "source" told me, hope it helps

Dave

Hope your not in a hurry. We will be transferring in until December, I think. Thanks to all who signed up for a package, I look forward to working at KCAP!!!

I was told today by our gen rep that kc wants more people per week maybe moving everyone up to 50 people per week and then the stl transfers will all be there by september 5

Hope your not in a hurry. We will be transferring in until December, I think. Thanks to all who signed up for a package, I look forward to working at KCAP!!!

Some people here at KCAP are hearing rumors from certain commiteemen that all buyouts WILL be done by September, Everyone that signed up at KCAP for buyouts will get it, regardless if we can run afterwards or not. Hearing that Heyboy are suppose to be gone either today or 2weeks from now. Regardless of how we run. That was from several commitee men and other people. Then I did hear from one person that there neice just got a call from ford to go and take a drug test, i guess she put her app in over 2 years ago. Weather it true or not, im not sure, but i can see them bringing in temps to get all the people out and fill the spots till either APP or NAP people are released. Thats some of the things we have been hearing. Ford dont care if thay can run right or not, they want that fat cut now!!!!

Anyone at KCAP heard these notices/rumors?

Some people here at KCAP are hearing rumors from certain commiteemen that all buyouts WILL be done by September, Everyone that signed up at KCAP for buyouts will get it, regardless if we can run afterwards or not. Hearing that Heyboy are suppose to be gone either today or 2weeks from now. Regardless of how we run. That was from several commitee men and other people. Then I did hear from one person that there neice just got a call from ford to go and take a drug test, i guess she put her app in over 2 years ago. Weather it true or not, im not sure, but i can see them bringing in temps to get all the people out and fill the spots till either APP or NAP people are released. Thats some of the things we have been hearing. Ford dont care if thay can run right or not, they want that fat cut now!!!!

Anyone at KCAP heard these notices/rumors?

I have heard that Nov. or Dec. everyone should be out the door with their buy-outs. :shrug:

I have heard that Nov. or Dec. everyone should be out the door with their buy-outs. :shrug:

Hold on, talked to our president today at Slap, and he said that Kcap wants to increase the numbers to 50 a week to get this done. They called me wanting me to come sooner. You guy's will be free soon so plan ahead and we wish you all a great future, and thanks for helping out all us slap orphans headed to Kcap. We are a hard working bunch, but there are a few lazy assholes that are coming also. I hope Kcap shows them the street, if they continue their bull-shit. Thanks again for all the good help :rockon::rockon:

Edited by dcassity1961

I know they have moved some peoples buy out date up a month. A lady on our lines last day is friday of these week and another is next tuesday the 1st of August. A new list was posted so who knows what is happening alot of "I DO NOT KNOW'S". from the reps. I know some people are going to get bumped back to nights with the people from slap coming to kcap. I know that all people that are transferring to other plants have stress with moving and starting at a new plant but the plant that they are going to is affected also. Going from days to nights with children is a hard thing there are changes for everyone. I do not have children at home but alot of them do. KCAP has taken in Edison, Ohio, Visteon and St Louis I have heard from a few people that if they offer another buy out they might take it.

They told us on Tuesday that all heyboys will be cut out by next week! Also noone really knows what the deal on the packages is. They are bouncing all over as far asseniority goes, and nooone can really get a feel for what will happen. We have worked overtime 5 of the past 7 nights and will balance out on Friday between 4 to 7 hours.

So far in the last 4 calls to the hall here at kcap.. I have heard it all. from everyone will get it evintally to not many will. to its ford thats holding it up"not us" lol... The numbers keep changing every day it seems like. The last head count on people that are still signed up to take the buyout is 610 production. and that number is droping every day (supposibly) But even with the heyboys going parts depot people all 20 to 60 (ive heard every number in between)that are coming. And the STL people we still will not have enough to let more buyout than that, the union says. At this point im not sure that i can believe the union anymore. i was told that 2003 people can expect to leave from Oct to Dec. So thats pretty soon but still not for sure answer if we got it. IS there anyone out there that has some different info that they can share with us? One thing that floated around tonight by a commiteemen was that Ford is testing people to be temps... But the Union says NO they wont let them come in the plant. if they do they will strike. That sounds pretty stupid to me. Strike and cause the plant to close, just because you dont want a few temps working in here that dont have to pay you dues. I think we are screwed lol... but thats just my opinion...

Yea I heard today that heyyous are gone on Monday. I heard that they will keep 6 of them and they will be assigned an area and be classified as cordinators....................

To anyone from SLAP or KCAP that has taken the 100k buyout: Have you got your check yet and how long did it take?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone at KCAP hearing anything new? I keep hereing the same thing " we dont know anything." But i know some people that are getting that are scheduled to leave in November that are on the very bottom of the list but yet there is people that have 10-20 years in that are schedualed to leave in January. So how is it that if not everyone is getting it that people with low senority are getting to leave in 2 months? Each bargaining person i have talked to has a different story. Does anyone know the REAL truth or is it just he said she said stuff.

Yea I heard today that heyyous are gone on Monday. I heard that they will keep 6 of them and they will be assigned an area and be classified as cordinators....................

To anyone from SLAP or KCAP that has taken the 100k buyout: Have you got your check yet and how long did it take?

Check Unofficial SLAP Website, scroll to bottom to give you an idea about checks, looks like about 10 days to 2 weeks after deadline to cancel was the norm. Me I am hoping for another round of buyouts to be offered at SLAP after transfers are complete, I am ready and poised to leave now. We will have to wait and see what happens I guess.

http://members.sitegadgets.com/SLAPLANT/board.html

Anyone made it to KC yet? How are you all doing? I have been out of touch for a few weeks, went to scout camp for a while and have been busy getting ready for school, TRA issues and fighting with the state over child support issues. They approved my reduction ($950 to $370) in March but have yet to get it signed and taken affect. It is quite frankly bankrupting me and since it is not retroactive I will not get any money back.

Anyway, how are you all doing? Hope KC is as warm as the people have seemed to be about this transfer. Thank you for all being so receptive to my fellow coworkers, I know many are good people.

kcfrdwrkr, I will be in KC area for school from August 21 to Sept. 15, I may holler at some of you guys then to see how you are doing.

TwinCam, Scout Committee says thank you for the tent donations.

Edited by Captamrica

Check Unofficial SLAP Website, scroll to bottom to give you an idea about checks, looks like about 10 days to 2 weeks after deadline to cancel was the norm. Me I am hoping for another round of buyouts to be offered at SLAP after transfers are complete, I am ready and poised to leave now. We will have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Anyone made it to KC yet? How are you all doing? I have been out of touch for a few weeks, went to scout camp for a while and have been busy getting ready for school, TRA issues and fighting with the state over child support issues. They approved my reduction ($950 to $370) in March but have yet to get it signed and taken affect. It is quite frankly bankrupting me and since it is not retroactive I will not get any money back.

Anyway, how are you all doing? Hope KC is as warm as the people have seemed to be about this transfer. Thank you for all being so receptive to my fellow coworkers, I know many are good people.

kcfrdwrkr, I will be in KC area for school from August 21 to Sept. 15, I may holler at some of you guys then to see how you are doing.

Yea holla at me when you're here for school, we can get a drink or dinner somewhere and chat. 10 days to 2 weeks would be awesome. My last day is Sept 1 but am on medical leave now and having surgery on my ankle tomorrow. There are a few SLAPers here already, I think my line got 5 of them including one on my old job :) I'll be in the NARS program in October. Hope it goes well for ya. Give me a PM when you're in KC and I'll get ahold of ya.

Captain, Get ahold of me when in KC. I didn't give you the tent poles for the big tent. Apparently they weren't in the tent bag!!!

I started at KCAP yesterday. SUV Chassis. Been doing half jobs the last two days. I do like the OT but it's rough going right to 10 hours after being off 5 months. Oh well, at least we have jobs at what seems to be a pretty secure facility at the moment. Everyone has been nice so far welcoming us. We're not getting jobs based on seniority like we were told. No one is getting on a hilo from SLAP as "the list" was already turned in before we got there. Curious to see how the secondary openings go.

People have been reporting early as they've called everyone and asked them if they wanted to start early before their report date. Some of the September people are already there.

Yea holla at me when you're here for school, we can get a drink or dinner somewhere and chat. 10 days to 2 weeks would be awesome. My last day is Sept 1 but am on medical leave now and having surgery on my ankle tomorrow. There are a few SLAPers here already, I think my line got 5 of them including one on my old job :) I'll be in the NARS program in October. Hope it goes well for ya. Give me a PM when you're in KC and I'll get ahold of ya.

Will do, Got my lodging issue resolved. My cousin stopped by my Mom and Dad's house when he was in town for a class reunion and gave me a call. Said he would put me up with no problem I even have my own private bathroom downstairs.

I have been worried if I was making the right decision with all things that needed to all come together between paying for the school, lodging and when I would go into GEN but then Ford called and offered me an extended lay off from August through October and that was the last thing I needed to make it all work. Told my wife that I think this is what is meant to be with all the variables that needed to work perfect and they played out exactly as I needed them to. Yee Haa. Now all I need is FoMoCo to offer another round of buyouts and that would be the clincher.

Captain, Get ahold of me when in KC. I didn't give you the tent poles for the big tent. Apparently they weren't in the tent bag!!!

I started at KCAP yesterday. SUV Chassis. Been doing half jobs the last two days. I do like the OT but it's rough going right to 10 hours after being off 5 months. Oh well, at least we have jobs at what seems to be a pretty secure facility at the moment. Everyone has been nice so far welcoming us. We're not getting jobs based on seniority like we were told. No one is getting on a hilo from SLAP as "the list" was already turned in before we got there. Curious to see how the secondary openings go.

People have been reporting early as they've called everyone and asked them if they wanted to start early before their report date. Some of the September people are already there.

I was wondering about that since it seemed I did not hear them in the bag like I could the smaller tent. I will call you when I get up there.

Good to hear these things after all the horror stories about transferees. I'll bet it is probably kicking your ass on 10 hours but the money is good, we know that. I have to admitt I am not looking forward to that aspect of going back to work. I have noticed my chest shrinking and my stomach growing since I have been off work. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and start working out to keep my boyish figure. :D

DaveKC,

Did you have a good vacation here in STL. Did not hear from you.

Edited by Captamrica