'11 Explorer MFT

The screen on my Nav went black and none of the functions (radio, Nav, phone, Seat A/C & heater etc) work now for three days. I called my Service Rep. and she said it was because I did no updates. I've been following the board here and waiting for the USB stick Ford was going to send us for the correct fix. I also get the A-pillar rattle and ask them to repair that also this Friday and she said they couldn't tell me if they could do everything in one day.

I'll update as soon as I get things repaired, and want to hear if anyone has had the Nav screen go black like mine. Restarting the engine will not reset the screen like in the past.

The screen on my Nav went black and none of the functions (radio, Nav, phone, Seat A/C & heater etc) work now for three days. I called my Service Rep. and she said it was because I did no updates. I've been following the board here and waiting for the USB stick Ford was going to send us for the correct fix. I also get the A-pillar rattle and ask them to repair that also this Friday and she said they couldn't tell me if they could do everything in one day.

I'll update as soon as I get things repaired, and want to hear if anyone has had the Nav screen go black like mine. Restarting the engine will not reset the screen like in the past.

Did you try pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery to reset it?

Pull the fuse for a few minutes like akirby mentioned. It's #29. As far as getting the a pillar seals replaced on the same day, I wouldn't count on it. Most people I've heard from have had to take it in so they can verify that it is rattling and IF they can hear it, they'll order the parts for you to get on a second visit. If you do get them replaced under the new TSB for it, let me know if the seal still ends as soon as it meets the cowl trim (making it a pointless repair) or if it has some overlap now. My passenger side has been buzzing lightly at times for the past 13K miles but, I've read too many stories about it being worse after the dealer replaced it. Until I am sure of a real fix, I'll turn the radio up.

Pull the fuse for a few minutes like akirby mentioned. It's #29. As far as getting the a pillar seals replaced on the same day, I wouldn't count on it. Most people I've heard from have had to take it in so they can verify that it is rattling and IF they can hear it, they'll order the parts for you to get on a second visit. If you do get them replaced under the new TSB for it, let me know if the seal still ends as soon as it meets the cowl trim (making it a pointless repair) or if it has some overlap now. My passenger side has been buzzing lightly at times for the past 13K miles but, I've read too many stories about it being worse after the dealer replaced it. Until I am sure of a real fix, I'll turn the radio up.

I know it's fuse 29 in the Edge but I thought it was a different one on the Explorer. At any rate it's identified in the OM.

Thanks for the info and the TSB fix was right on for the rattle. My dealer replaced left and right A pillar molding trims and all rattles stopped on I-95 today when I tested. Dropped the Explorer off at 9am and all was repaired by 1:30pm. The Nav MFT just needed the latest update to correct that problem, but She told me I will need to update again when Ford sends us the Thumb Drive fix.

The Part # were BB5Z*7803136*AB Moulding - windshield and

BB5Z*7803137*AB Moulding - windshield

I advise to tell your dealer both sides make the rattle noise to get both fixed at the same time. I love this vehicle even better now!

• 2 months later...

I've been waiting to get the MFT upgrade thumb drive and Nav drive in the mail, so I called Ford. It appears because I have the 2 MFT version and that's not going to be sent out from Ford. I was told I need to have my dealer upgrade my system because the only MFT system that can be upgraded is the newer 3 version.

I've been waiting to get the MFT upgrade thumb drive and Nav drive in the mail, so I called Ford. It appears because I have the 2 MFT version and that's not going to be sent out from Ford. I was told I need to have my dealer upgrade my system because the only MFT system that can be upgraded is the newer 3 version.

:headscratch:

that doesn't sound right. Mine was, I believe, v2.11 when I upgraded. My Edge was one of the earliest MFT-equipped vehicles built.

:headscratch:

that doesn't sound right. Mine was, I believe, v2.11 when I upgraded. My Edge was one of the earliest MFT-equipped vehicles built.

It has nothing to do with the software version. Some APIMs have to be updated by the dealer and in some cases replaced altogether so they must be taken to the dealer. Those customers should have gotten letters telling them this.

It has nothing to do with the software version. Some APIMs have to be updated by the dealer and in some cases replaced altogether so they must be taken to the dealer. Those customers should have gotten letters telling them this.

You'd have figured mine would be the older one though. Ah well. I'm 100% pleased with the update so far.

You'd have figured mine would be the older one though. Ah well. I'm 100% pleased with the update so far.

That's just it - it doesn't seem to be related to the age of the vehicle. It sounds like they had a bad batch of APIMs that got used across both the 2011s and 2012s regardless of manufacture date.