2013 Ordering?

630land

... Changes? Is SEL being dropped?

my take is: the SE & esp. its Pkgs are over-priced

- combine the S & SE as base SE (cheap fogs & light interior only) at-or-near the S's price

- sell the SFE at SE's price

- make the SE+SportPkg the SES also at SE's price if at all possible, delete the red-trim StylePkg and add a light(er) interior choice

- leave the SEL & Titanium alone

tho also think everything under Titanium needs the FocusElectric's frontend

which matches the new Fusion's styling much better

& less exuberant (ie juvenile) interior trim pieces wouldn't hurt either.

Is it POSSIBLE to make matte dash material look BLACK or at least real-Charcoal? med.dk.gray always looks pre-FADED to me

my take is: the SE & esp. its Pkgs are over-priced

- combine the S & SE as base SE (cheap fogs & light interior only) at-or-near the S's price

- sell the SFE at SE's price

- make the SE+SportPkg the SES also at SE's price if at all possible, delete the red-trim StylePkg and add a light(er) interior choice

- leave the SEL & Titanium alone

which matches the new Fusion's styling much better

& less exuberant (ie juvenile) interior trim pieces wouldn't hurt either.

Is it POSSIBLE to make matte dash material look BLACK or at least real-Charcoal? med.dk.gray always looks pre-FADED to me

I find the model spread is generally decent. I'm just not sure whether the SFE is actually worth the premium price, and the only one I've seen was on my dealer's lot a few months ago.

The SES would have sounded nice when I bought my car. I prefer to think of it as the poor man's Titanium :)

If you are talking about the pre-production Focus BEV trapezoid , not a bad idea.

AA_Focus_electric.jpg

But not the production trapezoid which looks like it got the freezing cold water shrinkage George Costanza feature.

ford_focusEV_assemblyline01.jpg

Poor Focus BEV car lost all of its aggressiveness, and now looks meek & insecure in comparison.

Edited by MKII
  • Like 1

^ GOOD POINT, 630land

tho that doesn't change putting the pre-production Electric face on petrol Focii imho

&

Impact Blue and Ruby Red could well replace

Sonic Blue + Blue Candy and Race Red + Red Candy

tho not sure what to ADD

Kodiak Brown & Ginger Ale aren't my favorite colors for the Focus...

...Lincoln's Smoked Quartz would look fanTAStic on the Focus imho

BUT I do hope that stays exclusive to Lincoln

actually wouldn't mind seeing an UltraPale & a DeepRich copper

the first would be a "BetterBeige"

and the last like Mazda's CopperRed on the original Mazda3, which could go quite dark in the shade yet sparkle in the sun

Edited by 2b2

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that there are only two weeks left to place an order for a 2012 Focus and as of March, 2013s can be ordered. When does production of the 2013s begin? My current lease ends in June and I want to know if I'm gonna be able to order a Focus.

Edited by Motown09

I was told that there are only two weeks left to place an order for a 2012 Focus and as of March, 2013s can be ordered. When does production of the 2013s begin? My current lease ends in June and I want to know if I'm gonna be able to order a Focus.

That is incorrect. 2012 Focus can be ordered until 5/31/12 the 2013's won't start production until late summer

Edited by svtenthusiast

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I read through the order guide several times and I hope it's an oversight and not that they are already decontenting but I didn't see anything in there where rear disc brakes are standard on the Titanium.

Page 7 indicates that SE Appearance Package (201A) includes rear disc brakes. Then, on p. 8 it states "Titanium includes All "SE Appearance" Series Equipment Plus..." and lists additions/changes on the Titanium variant.

Over at Focus fanatics, some are upset that the Sport Package is dropped for '13. As if it was 'The performance Focus' and forgetting about the ST. It was really just rear discs and trim, no motor or suspension upgrade.

Actually, there is a suspension upgrade on the SE Sport (same as on stock Titanium). It's pretty well documented.

Of course no one is "forgetting about the ST." The point is that Ford was supporting an entry-level trim with an enthusiast-marketed package. For most of the 2012 production run, the SE Sport was the only way to get both a manual transmission and sport-tuned suspension in the same car. The fact that the combo was well under $20k was nice, too.

Edited by Bimmer-Bob

Yeah, it's not on the window stickers, but it's on Etis. Lots of stuff isn't on the window stickers, though. Of course, Etis may or may not be accurate for US builds (totally different debate) but I've read several threads where SE Sport owners have physically checked the part numbers on their dampers and cross checked with the Ford Parts site to confirm the presence of "touring suspension" components. I'm still waiting on delivery of my 2012 and will be happy to report back here with results when I get mine.

Of course, none of this is to say that the 2013's won't be shipping with three different levels of suspension tuning as well (standard, touring, and handling). We just won't know until the fall.

Edited by Bimmer-Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...