NO! REALLY?

But yet you ignored this. You people are fools

OK. So four years later what was the crisis? BIN LADEN? Obama passed. Libya? Obama Passed. Health care reform? Obama passed. Getting the United States out of the worst recession ever in the history of this nation? Obama passed that too. Oh I know, how about saving the auto industry? GM, Chrysler and FORD. Obama passed that test also. So what exactly are we ignoring? Your the fool you and the rest of the righties wishing the economy would fail...........

Edited by Die Wahrheit
  • Like 4

OK. So four years later what was the crisis? BIN LADEN? Obama passed. Libya? Obama Passed. Health care reform? Obama passed. Getting the United States out of the worst recession ever in the history of this nation? Obama passed that too. Oh I know, how about saving the auto industry? GM, Chrysler and FORD. Obama passed that test also. So what exactly are we ignoring? Your the fool you and the rest of the righties wishing the economy would fail...........

Facts are meaningless to T804094.

• Like 2

Ok, The single question to every one of those, is what did Obama do to distinguish himself as a good leader to all Americans?

Let's take those one at a time....

BIN LADEN?

So, he directed that we go after a compound using intelligence gained from Bush's efforts. Great. It might be the correct thing to do, but does this truly distinguish Obama as a great leader? I'd call that a neutral; neither a positive or a negative, since he was furthering what had already been started before he got there.

Libya?

How is that a positive for Obama, since his policy was largely hands off? And does anyone know if the new leaders are allies or enemies?

Health care reform?

And if this is found to be un-Constitutional (as the individual mandate should be), does that make it a detriment to Obama? If not, then what defines an achievement, and what defines a failure?

Getting the United States out of the worst recession ever in the history of this nation?

While growth may be a positive, we are still losing ground relative to population and debt growth. Not a recession (by definition), but certainly not a true recovery. And exactly how do you figure this was the "worst recession ever in the history of this nation"?

Oh I know, how about saving the auto industry?

If you think the entire auto industry (or even only the American one) would have completely fallen by the wayside, then there's no argument, because we are dealing with feelings and not facts. Putting that aside, it's great that Obama bailed out a most-favored constituency, however the millions of out-of-work Americans who weren't bailed out--and still have to contribute to the bailing out of others--are still wondering why they weren't more deserving.

Your the fool you and the rest of the righties wishing the economy would fail....

Noone wishes the economy to fail, however most people would wish the economy were allowed to blossom. Unfortunately, the President thinks the government should decide where, but the list of stimulated but now bankrupt--AFTER paying their executive bonuses, btw--companies keeps growing. At some point, wouldn't you wonder WHY they're failing, and WHY was the taxpayers' money squandered by this President?

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 4

Hey Ranger, be happy.........look at it this way----------->Obama is ALMOST as good as Jimmy Carter. What more could we want-)

To me, the most important question to be asked about Obama is, "Is this the best we can do"?

A (as yet to be decided) Constitutionally-questionable Healthcare "fix" (ie. Obamacare) is the best solution this country can come up with?

It's not enough to pour money down a green-energy rabbit hole, but we've essentially got to make coal-fired power plants illegal?

Taking credit for "more domestic oil production than at any point in history" forgetting that this is happening IN SPITE OF his own efforts?

It's so important that women who can't (for some reason) keep their legs together we MUST get everyone else to pay for their birth control, as opposed to themselves or (the horror) their sexual partners; even up to forcing someone to violate their religious beliefs?

Making light of an open-mic gaff telling a foreign government that he'll have more freedom after the election (to do WHAT exactly, that he can reveal to the Russians, but not to US)?

Jimmy Carter was a fine man, and a poor President. Obama isn't looking good in either case.

• Like 3

You know you've been moving away from what i thought was a fairly moderate position towards one that some of the less involved and less knowledgeable on policy types here take. That kind of scares me. We had people like Imma openly coddle the conservative bigot T8 and now your getting more hard-lined. Is this something that will continue as the election gets closer?

Obama might not be the best that we can do, but like I've said many times, the other party is offering up people who are obviously worse than him.

Side note: Poor Tim Pawlenty, he should have stayed in the race. He might have looked like the thoughtful one. Paul Ryan should announce his bid for the president right now. He'd kick Obama's ass, otherwise you better get ready for 4 more years of Obama.

Sorry bout the tangent, Back to how the right is not offering anyone even potentially better than Obama. I'm sorry but the two best candidates were Gary johnson and Jon Huntsman, but the GOP establishment wants a wall street guy and the base wants a homophobic christian only candidate. Not good for you.

Paul Ryan and Bobby Jindal were the two Republicans who I thought would make strong candidates. I think Ryan waits for 4 more years and walks into the job in 2016 following an Obama win this fall.

• Like 1

You know you've been moving away from what i thought was a fairly moderate position towards one that some of the less involved and less knowledgeable on policy types here take. That kind of scares me. We had people like Imma openly coddle the conservative bigot T8 and now your getting more hard-lined.

T8, is that true? Are you a bigot? (Daddys words, not mine) Did I somehow coddle you?

Do we remember when Rahm Emmanuel, chief of staff for Obama stated something like, "never let a good crisis go to waste?" That is out of the playbook of Josef Goebbels, head propagandist of the Nazi party during Hitlers reign. I am guessing Daddy would never want to be tied to the Nazi party, so does that mean he coddled Rahm? And if so, whats up with that?

Point is------------>Fidel Castro may love hamburgers but he is a communist, so should that mean I now hate hamburgers because to like them means I too am a communist? That is ridiculous!

Nobody is 100% correct, nor 100% incorrect. Because someone belongs to the black panthers or the skinheads (and I am in no way suggesting that T8 or anyone else belongs to/ doesn't belong to either of these groups) doesn't mean their opinion is any less viable than anyone elses. It is just not mainstream. It is our/societys job to change the way they perceive things to be and attempt to convince them the mainstream is a better choice to achieve part of the outcome they wish. It doesn't mean that the party that they support embraces all of that groups views though.

You never hear me say that such and such a group support liberals/conservatives even 90% except for the enviros; and I only use enviros in the context of the economy and fuel prices. Their supported outcome of the policy is praiseworthy. To do otherwise and brand where the panthers or skinheads are is an obvious attempt to incite others to not vote for what could be what they really believe in is using racial politics. To use bigot to describe someone is an obvious attempt to do the same thing, and disuade anyone from seeing his/her words as thought provoking and in any way beneficial. Maybe we as a species haven't progressed far enough to overcome skin color; personally I thought we had. I also didn't think that being a champion of upholding the laws of the land on illegal immigration made you a non mainstream American, but maybe it did.

Only time will tell for sure, but conservative/liberal in my book is not a nasty desription of anyone. However, BIGOT and/or RACIST is! My 2 cents.

• Like 2

You know you've been moving away from what i thought was a fairly moderate position towards one that some of the less involved and less knowledgeable on policy types here take. That kind of scares me. We had people like Imma openly coddle the conservative bigot T8 and now your getting more hard-lined. Is this something that will continue as the election gets closer?

You may not appreciate what I said in my little Glenn Beck-style minirant, however if you have information to refute what I said, then I request you post it.

For instance....

Do you truly believe the individual mandate is Constitutional? Putting aside whatever ad hominem you may want to post (ie. Heritage Foundation, etc), CANDIDATE Obama didn't agree with it, yet PRESIDENT Obama signed it. Can you reconcile the two Obamas? For the record, I don't believe the mandate is Constituional (on a Federal level).

Do you believe that "green energy" is so mature as to be able to take over our power production needs, AND justify the intentional thwarting of other forms of energy production (ie. coal)? If your defense is climate change, the please cite ONE change predicted that has occurred AND can be solely attributable to atmospheric carbon dioxide levels.

You don't find it the least bit hypocritical that Obama hypes our record-level domestic oil production, leaving out the part that it's on private lands and most (all?) attempts to get approval on public lands (or offshore) have been shut down?

I could go on, but if you can explain how those (or the others I didn't mention) are less involved or knowledgeable questions, I'd appreciate it.

Obama might not be the best that we can do, but like I've said many times, the other party is offering up people who are obviously worse than him.

At this point, I'd sooner vote for Hillary Clinton than Obama (but I wouldn't prefer either one of them). You may believe the other options are "obviously worse", but it's not an opinion shared by a lot of other Americans, including me.

Side note: Poor Tim Pawlenty, he should have stayed in the race. He might have looked like the thoughtful one. Paul Ryan should announce his bid for the president right now. He'd kick Obama's ass, otherwise you better get ready for 4 more years of Obama.

Sorry bout the tangent, Back to how the right is not offering anyone even potentially better than Obama. I'm sorry but the two best candidates were Gary johnson and Jon Huntsman, but the GOP establishment wants a wall street guy and the base wants a homophobic christian only candidate. Not good for you.

It's funny how a lot of democrats SAY "if only so-and-so on the Republican side had run and got the nomination". You'll forgive me if I'm skeptical. I'm not saying this about you, but you did bring it up. It's hard for me to fathom the thought process concluding a Tim Pawlenty/Paul Ryan/Jon Huntsman would be ok, but a Mitt Romney wouldn't.

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 1

T8, is that true? Are you a bigot? (Daddys words, not mine) Did I somehow coddle you?

Remember the Liberal playbook.

1) Play race card

2) Blame Bush

3) Accuse Fox News of lying

4) Disappear and not answer the question

It's easier for him to call me a racist, then to actually back up his beliefs. The guy has failed at every topic he's tried asserting himself into. For him, it's easier to lie than it is to deal with the facts on hand. He is a simpleton. An idiot. And a coward.

• Like 6

And you didn't want to be in LE? :stirpot:

No, I'm just going to actually start enforcing the very first rule laid out in the sticky at the top of this section. It has grown tiresome for all of us. Play nice or don't play at all. If I wanted to be strict about it, I'd ban people based on their reputation score. I'm sure you wouldn't want that. :P

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 3

You did.

Did Rham post here some Nazi stuff here and I supported it? I didn't even know Rahm E. came to this page. Which profile is his? Damn, Rahm has time to post on Blue Oval, thats cool. Wait, Rahm didn't post here did he? You just pulled some quote of his out the air and are claiming i support it even though i don't recall even discussing it here. So this is some blanket support because i'm as liberal shit huh? Typical

You quoted a racist post and added your support.

I am invoking GODWIN'S LAW. He mentioned Nazi's he lost.

Hmmm, you read his old signature right? Or perhaps the profile picture of the Black man in what looks to be a an orange jumpsuit. Somehow that's not racist? Or saying that African Americans aren't ready for Western civilization. Is that not racist?

Since i think your smart enough to see through things otherwise you'd be sending your bank account number in emails to con men all the time, you and I would have to agree that either your wits have gone to glory or your cuddling the bigot.

1. I don't look at every post on here, or the posters. Unless it is some of the people on here I have gone back and forth with for awhile, I might not even know who I am replying to; just replying to their post in the thread.

2. What kind of question was that, asking me if I seen his signatures/past signatures? Why would I? Requiring someone to be politically correct; and checking to make sure they are is ridiculous. I would never respond to someone if all they did is blast away by color of someones skin, and I am sure I would not have much of an opportunity to do so as if it was blatant, since Nick would censure them. If Nick allows them to post multiple times and he is the moderator, why would I even think something was amiss?

3. The problem I have with your logic is simple Daddy---------->you said his post was racist, I supported it, therefore by extrapolation, it is obvious what you are implying. Since I am a double minority, not to mention my 2 best friends in the world are liberal.......and 1 of them is black on top of that, all of us would be shocked to hear your definition.....then laugh hysterically at such a shallow interpetation.

I absolutely refuse to make things racial, whether it is somehow to support my position, or to allow someone else to use it trying to make my opinion useless by badging me as a bigot, racist, homophobe, or anything else.

If other people wish to allow you the latitude to label them in such a negative societal light, that is their choice. I am just letting you know that I am not one of those people, and I am requesting that you cease and desist even the suggestion of it.

I really hope you understand my position Daddy, thnx for your time.

Edited by Imawhosure
  • Like 2