Has there been any skilled trades postings in the past 2 weeks ?

skilledhands

QUIT make room for someone else.

Quit, I don't think so, I may be blonde but I not stupid !

Plus I kinda like the job I do.... Sure wish I drove a lift though.... If I ever get a lift job I hope I get somebody that will train me good

Its official CAP has hired Millwrights and Pipefitters off the street

They are in orientation as we speak .

How is this possible. We still have temps of both trades working here with no report

dates back home.

Boy oh Boy is our union strong these days !

I am a Edopp participant( completed) and remain on the preferential rehire list. I did receive notice that CAP was in need of 9 Millwrights ASAP. We were supposed to be the last step before hiring off the street. Any advice from Millwrights/ skilled Trades at CAP or plants working the AWS would be appreciated. I know things have changed but is maintenance at Ford still close to what it was 7 years ago?

I am a Edopp participant( completed) and remain on the preferential rehire list. I did receive notice that CAP was in need of 9 Millwrights ASAP. We were supposed to be the last step before hiring off the street. Any advice from Millwrights/ skilled Trades at CAP or plants working the AWS would be appreciated. I know things have changed but is maintenance at Ford still close to what it was 7 years ago?

Yep they still do nothing just like 7 years ago !

How is this possible. We still have temps of both trades working here with no report

dates back home.

Boy oh Boy is our union strong these days !

What union. They let the company do whatever the hell they want now.

Edited by 182

Chicago has retirees returning to work as Pipefitters and Millwrights. There is NO falsehood in that statement. There is a STEP 8 in the National Agreement on page 87A that provides for forcing trades to go to Chicago. This step has not been implemented, but wait Chicago has decided to jump to step 9 and hire pipe fitters and millwrights from the street. They are in orientation now with the retirees. Retirees that took a buy-out to leave I will remind you. Now they return through a contract agency so as to not upset their pensionbenefits.

As for the schedule at CAP, effective May 14 Trades go to a 4-crew 12 hour shift...Start times 7AM and 7PM Group 2 works 3-on,5-off, 4 on, 2-off. Group 1 works 5-on, 4-off, 2-on,3-off. Group 1 has every Thurs and Friday off and every other weekend. Group 2 has every Monday and Tuesday off and every other weekend. 7PM start time is midnight premium shift 1.

Edopp? Is that someone that took the Education buyout? If so, your preferential re-hiring is in the degree field that FORD paid for you to get...NOT in the field/job you left! If you wish to re-hire as your previous profession, you need to enter through normal channels, take a new Fod Seniority date and a new Date of Entry.

Edited by Masterchief

Sad thing is there are so many uneducated morons like lady jaguar out there that think skilled trades

do nothing. They just assume someone hits a button and the whole assembly plant runs flawlessly.

THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY OF YOU MORONS HERE BUT I THANK YOU BECAUSE THATS WHAT

KEEPS US BUSY ( JOB SECURITY LOL ).....

Love the caps for screaming. If you go back and look at the EDOPP agreement the rehire is in your former classification(ie. production/skilled trades), provided that you met the terms of the program. Nothing at all to do with your degree field. If you came from the trades they did have to offer you production(hourly) positions, but you are allowed to turn down non-skilled positions(up to three). The turn-downs for non-skilled do not count toward turning down your three opportunities for skilled positions. Production turndowns were a no-brainer at $14/hr but a skilled offer is more serious.CAP was the first offer I received for a skilled position. I personally would like to go back to Ford in the trades as they are some of the best jobs available. Funny Ford has no problem paying entry level skilled $32+/hr to do nothing. Nice to see that Ford is doing better, never thought I would get a skilled offer. Sad to see this site has not changed in seven years.