any saline updates

holycow

Boy are they gonna be sore for awhile

Boy you ain't kidding. I came from assembly at AAI and 3 weeks in I'm still sore. It takes time. Hopefully they stick it out. I believe I heard a total of 64 people out of all the New hires brought in at MAP quit, most of them being off the street hires or LTS temps that came from parts plants. Assembly work is definitely for real. It takes time to get used to it physically and mentally. There was actually a girl on 3rd shift over on line 5 or 4 who stopped the line and sat down because she needed a break. Crazy stuff.

Edited by Goongala

I hope they fired her, she cost the company profits doing that.

From what I understand they didn't fire her, at least not on the spot. I guess they could of let her finish the shift, then fired her, but like I said, to my knowledge she wasn't fired. I think they are giving a lot of the "off the street" new hires a little leeway. I've also heard and seen issues with some off the "off the street" people coming back 5 to 10 minutes late from breaks and lunch. Their excuse was that they started walking back at the end of break/lunch, not realizing I guess that the line starts up at the end of break/lunch and you're expeted to be at your job by then. Of course, I don't know of any job that doesn't do that, so why they'd assume that they would have a 5 minute buffer between the end of a break and when the line started is beyond me.

It seems like a lot of these "off the street" people are clueless. I'm wondering what went on in orientation because they seem as lost as can be. Hell, I've seen some "off the street" folks that look like they literally came in from off the street. Like I said before, crazy stuff.

Edited by Goongala

I heard from the training rep we are getting Saline people in for training at MAP

I basically heard the same thing. I was also told that the LTS temps that MAP has brought in were being used as placeholders for the Saline workers. I haven't heard any type of a date on when they'll be coming over, but I also heard that they won't get any plant seniority. They get to keep their Ford seniority but basically start out at New Hire Status as far as Plant seniority is concerned. I am sure the Saline people are putting off coming to MAP as long as possible, becauise if I had worked at a parts plant my entire career I wouldn't want to have to go to Assembly at 40 years old and most likely be forced to work one of the harder job in my unit. Definitely sucks, but thats the way things go.

I basically heard the same thing. I was also told that the LTS temps that MAP has brought in were being used as placeholders for the Saline workers. I haven't heard any type of a date on when they'll be coming over, but I also heard that they won't get any plant seniority. They get to keep their Ford seniority but basically start out at New Hire Status as far as Plant seniority is concerned. I am sure the Saline people are putting off coming to MAP as long as possible, becauise if I had worked at a parts plant my entire career I wouldn't want to have to go to Assembly at 40 years old and most likely be forced to work one of the harder job in my unit. Definitely sucks, but thats the way things go.

NO I was a LTS now a 20%er new hire , no 3rd shift yet , so no one stopped the line LOL It's a good plant with a good Union

NO I was a LTS now a 20%er new hire , no 3rd shift yet , so no one stopped the line LOL It's a good plant with a good Union

I'm sorry, I didn't mean 3rd shift ,I meant 2nd shift (afternoons/nights). That was simply a typo by me. I also work at MAP and that absolutely did happen. MAP is a good plant, though it having a good union is still up in the air for me. I don't base whether or not a plant has a strong local based on what the leadership says because to be honest, they all say that everywhere you go. The fact that many of the "off the street" new hires and LTS temps seem clueless is just about spot on because they do. AS a former LTS and a TFT before that (pre Nov 07) I can tell you that I've been around the block once or twice. I 've been to several plants and seen how things operate there. MAP is decent but it isn't perfect. The fact there is no rotating on jobs is sort of odd to me, and I haven't exactly heard a lot of nice things about Local 900, mainly that they didn't want the C-Crew brought on and thus were against all the new work such a shift would bring in. That being said, I'll base my opinion on my experiences with Local 900, not by what someone tells me. AS of right now its a "pull". They got me a permanent job which I appreciate, but I've recently had a pay issue and unfortunately the rep that I talked to who promised me he'd take crae of it has yet to get back to me on anything.

This is the same crap that happened over at Sheldon Rd plant years ago (Climate Control), they told everyone the plant was sold so they would get out, and the people that signed up to leave got screwed and the people that stayed got rewarded with nice jobs because the plant never got sold. It is BS to get workers out of the parts plants.

This is the company's "MO" is to tell everyone/Union that a buyer is coming in, it's not true tho in most cases or they always back out because the UAW wants the workers to stay under the same pay scales or a bit lower, the new company coming in doesn't ever agree to it, so the back out. Then the Union play this vote game with the workers, but before that they go around telling people if they don't leave for assembly they will get a severance and no longer be Ford.

Don't fall for it, and don't fall for no 2500 severance.. Tell them (company) and Union you want at least 50k after taxes to leave.

This is the same crap that happened over at Sheldon Rd plant years ago (Climate Control), they told everyone the plant was sold so they would get out, and the people that signed up to leave got screwed and the people that stayed got rewarded with nice jobs because the plant never got sold. It is BS to get workers out of the parts plants.

This is the company's "MO" is to tell everyone/Union that a buyer is coming in, it's not true tho in most cases or they always back out because the UAW wants the workers to stay under the same pay scales or a bit lower, the new company coming in doesn't ever agree to it, so the back out. Then the Union play this vote game with the workers, but before that they go around telling people if they don't leave for assembly they will get a severance and no longer be Ford.

Don't fall for it, and don't fall for no 2500 severance.. Tell them (company) and Union you want at least 50k after taxes to leave.

It may be true that the companmy has lied in the past, but to refuse to leave and go someplace where you are assured a full-time job because you are afraid/don't want to work production or think you'll get a good job when everything turns out to be BS, is a huge risk. You are risking your job and your future by doing that all because you think it could get you a better job..

So, if everything turns out ot be on the up and up with Ford and the sale does/did happen, should the company take mercy on those holdouts and send them somewhere else even though they laughed in the company's face when they said they were selling the place and offered them jobs elsewhere? Should we, as union brothers & sisters, show them some sympathy even though it was them who took the risk of their own choice and are now paying for it because they either no longer have a job or are making over $10 less then they were before?

At this point, the holdouts, IMO, have played their hand and all they can do now is wait to see what happens. I'm pretty sure, however, that those same people who refused to leave for whatever reason and tried to call Ford's bluff, will be on here crying if things turn out to be as Ford says they are and they are permanently out of work or permanently making less money. They may be union brothers & sistersd, but IMO they don't deserve any sympathy because they would of brought everything on themselves. You just can't feel sorry for someone who's own stupidity caused them the hardships they now face.

Just my opinion. Maybe others feel differently and thats cool, but you won't see me sparing any cash at the front gate for ACH workers who refused to leave and lost their job and are now facing "undue" hardships because of it.

Same shit happened at Saline years ago. The problem with then and now. There is an agreement with the new company and will be voted on friday. It never got to this point back then.

Did the union waive the 90 day clause for new hires to vote on the contract at Saline ? They did at Sandusky. Theres a couple hundred that can now vote, some with only a week seniority. They get the $2500 signing bonus. Way to buy the vote for Flex-n-Gate! We were told that only all the new hires (ACH) are allowed to vote on this contract, because its their new employer and the'll be working under it. What Bull! So much for our local union's Bylaws that state, you must have your 90 days made in order to be eligible to vote. Last time I checked all the ACH employees working right now, fall under our local 1216's bylaws! Regardless if the vote is for a new owner or not, after all our plant is NOT sold yet! The union and the company are giving Ford workers there a 4 month transition to Ford time with the possibility for another 4 months time there, but then you'd be governed by the Flex-n-gate contract, even though your a Ford employee! The International Union with our local union's full support, proceeded to tell the new hires they have to vote for the contract or else Ford is going to close the plant within 90 days! What a farse! Ford slated our plant in 08 for closure, here we are, still rolling along! The company couldn't find ANYONE who could make the part like we did at Sandusky for the Price, Quality. Everyone wanted alot more, they even tried new market tests! Ford even brought product back back to our plant from Mexico (because of poor workmanship and quality work by the Mexicans)! To sweeten the deal they ended giving ACH employees in certain classificatons an approx. raise of $2.00 per hour. Ach workers will be required to pay $46.00 a week for health insurance. PLUS, A NO STRIKE CLAUSE for their next contract! The union is not letting Ford workers vote on the Flex-n-gate contract, either!

Who care about how high your quality is and all that other stuff you said !

You said plant has been slated to close since. 08, then it's your own fault for not getting out sooner, now you take what comes!

Go cry some where else, we have all been thru this shit one way or another!

Did the union waive the 90 day clause for new hires to vote on the contract at Saline ? They did at Sandusky. Theres a couple hundred that can now vote, some with only a week seniority. They get the $2500 signing bonus. Way to buy the vote for Flex-n-Gate! We were told that only all the new hires (ACH) are allowed to vote on this contract, because its their new employer and the'll be working under it. What Bull! So much for our local union's Bylaws that state, you must have your 90 days made in order to be eligible to vote. Last time I checked all the ACH employees working right now, fall under our local 1216's bylaws! Regardless if the vote is for a new owner or not, after all our plant is NOT sold yet! The union and the company are giving Ford workers there a 4 month transition to Ford time with the possibility for another 4 months time there, but then you'd be governed by the Flex-n-gate contract, even though your a Ford employee! The International Union with our local union's full support, proceeded to tell the new hires they have to vote for the contract or else Ford is going to close the plant within 90 days! What a farse! Ford slated our plant in 08 for closure, here we are, still rolling along! The company couldn't find ANYONE who could make the part like we did at Sandusky for the Price, Quality. Everyone wanted alot more, they even tried new market tests! Ford even brought product back back to our plant from Mexico (because of poor workmanship and quality work by the Mexicans)! To sweeten the deal they ended giving ACH employees in certain classificatons an approx. raise of $2.00 per hour. Ach workers will be required to pay $46.00 a week for health insurance. PLUS, A NO STRIKE CLAUSE for their next contract! The union is not letting Ford workers vote on the Flex-n-gate contract, either!

If you stay after 4 months you will be considered a voluntary quit from Ford and a new hire flex-n-gate employee. If you still want to be a ford employee you need to move to a ford facility.