Company/IUAW not honoring 1-for-1 replacement of retiring trades ?

Dfisher

According to the national neg. team for trades last contract the UAW has a agreement to replace trades that took the buyout one for one until the trades to prod. list is exhuasted then if spots remain its the companies discretion to fill or not fill remaining spots for instance if there were 50 millwright spots and only 45 trade to prod millwrights to fill them then the remaining 5 may not get filled....welcome to loophole 101...

According to the national neg. team for trades last contract the UAW has a agreement to replace trades that took the buyout one for one until the trades to prod. list is exhuasted then if spots remain its the companies discretion to fill or not fill remaining spots for instance if there were 50 millwright spots and only 45 trade to prod millwrights to fill them then the remaining 5 may not get filled....welcome to loophole 101...

You said it best, LOOPHOLE

So......the remaining 300 or so open trades spots will not be filled. Just a guess, but Ill bet my house Im right.

Also, I doubt that all the trades working production will make it back to their tool. Again, just a hunch.

They won't unless they take a buyout and go work elsewhere. There is demand for skilled trades outside of Ford. I would take the money and run if I had that kind of skill.

But I skill less.

you said you work B-crew at DTP on the eng.line they don't work 7 days a week.YOU ARE FULL SHIT.

Yes the engine line does work 7 days a week just like the rest of the plant, DTP runs 3 crews, thought you worked at DTP, sounds like your full of shit.