Fight left in the UAW Leadership.

uaw12

I just attended a meeting at our paint shop and the MPS was MF'ing a Chairman at Chicago Assembly. This guys name is Chris Wells and is a royal ass" ". The act that he had heard out of Chicago Assembly that he had worked at for a while was as followed and I need confirmation if it is true. He was talking to the rest of his kiss asses about how the Assistant Plant Manager called 10.7 on Sunday the last day before the break leading into the 4th. According to the story he tells that the Plant Chairman shut down the plant and walked out the membership. The MPS here was irate because the Assistant Plant Manager told him that the security company was called and ask to walk out the Chairman but flat out refused. The membership has been beaten down for years and if this is true this is the flicker of defiance based on the contract being a two way street that this membership is thirsting for. Anyone at Chicago Assembly that has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I just attended a meeting at our paint shop and the MPS was MF'ing a Chairman at Chicago Assembly. This guys name is Chris Wells and is a royal ass" ". The act that he had heard out of Chicago Assembly that he had worked at for a while was as followed and I need confirmation if it is true. He was talking to the rest of his kiss asses about how the Assistant Plant Manager called 10.7 on Sunday the last day before the break leading into the 4th. According to the story he tells that the Plant Chairman shut down the plant and walked out the membership. The MPS here was irate because the Assistant Plant Manager told him that the security company was called and ask to walk out the Chairman but flat out refused. The membership has been beaten down for years and if this is true this is the flicker of defiance based on the contract being a two way street that this membership is thirsting for. Anyone at Chicago Assembly that has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

The last scheduled day of production prior to a holiday (vacation) is a 10 hours schedule.

Yes, our Chairman shut the line down. Yes, our Chairman expressed to the off shift manager that even on an AWS the language is still in place. Yes, the off shift manager was pissed and did call our security. The security team showed up but, stated they would not be able to act on the request to remove a Chairman from the plant.

Our Rep`s have been showing that "yes" its still Ford Motor Co. but, the Rep`s have been making the company abide by the agreement. Our Chairman has been using more and more of his resources when it comes to checking with his Rep`s and members before just going along with the flow.

We have had Trades members that have not been screwed out of their mid-night shift premium. The company wanted to "help" the Trades by starting them at 6:30pm instead of the agreed 7pm..... Then the company saw nothing wrong with allowing a contractor (ESI) to come on site with out proper paperwork and clearance.... Now the 10.7 manditory demand.... We have District committeepersons that are standing up to the company when they start stating that our people "will", "better" and "have too"....

Then the "Vacation" schedule....the company could not make the decision on who was and who wasn`t going to work. Our Rep`s stood up to to last minute crap and those that were on the list to work and were told last week they had no work available, will receive SWW benefit for this week.

Yes the list goes on.

In some eyes these are small examples of achievements by our chair and our group of rep`s we have now. All I can say, those that can`t see the hope in these rep`s are more or less wanting the rep`s to fail for their own personal reasons (election time) or just plain ass haters. Young members and old members confiding in each other, members letting members know what is going on in other departments and members having open communication with their Chairman and Rep`s.

Sure is a good feeling to see this happening. It has been a long time since this type of thing (solidarity) has occupied CAP.

Decker

Still thankful to have a job..... even more thankful for respect.

1 of the 1788

• Like 2

The last scheduled day of production prior to a holiday (vacation) is a 10 hours schedule.

Yes, our Chairman shut the line down. Yes, our Chairman expressed to the off shift manager that even on an AWS the language is still in place. Yes, the off shift manager was pissed and did call our security. The security team showed up but, stated they would not be able to act on the request to remove a Chairman from the plant.

Our Rep`s have been showing that "yes" its still Ford Motor Co. but, the Rep`s have been making the company abide by the agreement. Our Chairman has been using more and more of his resources when it comes to checking with his Rep`s and members before just going along with the flow.

We have had Trades members that have not been screwed out of their mid-night shift premium. The company wanted to "help" the Trades by starting them at 6:30pm instead of the agreed 7pm..... Then the company saw nothing wrong with allowing a contractor (ESI) to come on site with out proper paperwork and clearance.... Now the 10.7 manditory demand.... We have District committeepersons that are standing up to the company when they start stating that our people "will", "better" and "have too"....

Then the "Vacation" schedule....the company could not make the decision on who was and who wasn`t going to work. Our Rep`s stood up to to last minute crap and those that were on the list to work and were told last week they had no work available, will receive SWW benefit for this week.

Yes the list goes on.

In some eyes these are small examples of achievements by our chair and our group of rep`s we have now. All I can say, those that can`t see the hope in these rep`s are more or less wanting the rep`s to fail for their own personal reasons (election time) or just plain ass haters. Young members and old members confiding in each other, members letting members know what is going on in other departments and members having open communication with their Chairman and Rep`s.

Sure is a good feeling to see this happening. It has been a long time since this type of thing (solidarity) has occupied CAP.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Good post Decker, I just wanted to clear up one mis leading fact.

8 hours (10 for places on a AWS) are the most that can be scheduled the day preceeding, the Thanksgiving Holiday, Christmas Holiday period, Easter Holiday and Vacation Shutdown.Those are the "protected holidays" this rule does not apply to the rest of the negotiated holidays.

• Like 2

Lap, KTP, Michigan Assembly and Chicago Have sent alot of D1 grievences up last week to the International for review,and I know Lap had some that were Strikeable grievences. I think the other plants followed suit.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, the membership needs to rally behind this type of action. I am encouraged by the leadership of your local but most importantly the bravery of the members that followed the leadership out of the plant and stood up to this blatant act by local management.Most of all I am happy it pissed a piece of sh" " off like Chris Wells. Thanks.

• Like 1

Congrats to the folks at CAP for having a committeee that will stand up for the rights of the membership under the negotiated contract. We can only hope and pray that the international UAW will take note and force the company to abide by the agreement in the same way, but I seriously doubt that Bob King and company,has the BALLS to enforce what was negotiated.

• Like 2

At DTP the Plant Manager AND the security guard would of had their shoes shined with a smile and a whistle down at the the Union Hall!

Now ...Fatso.... and a whisle too??

I would like to make one thing just a little clearer. Yes, we had our Chairman and a small group of Rep`s act on the " I`M THE BOSS" type of attitude we see so offend from those in management that most offend don`t have a clue or experience in the position they hold. (Mr. Wells??) But, we are still experiencing the cool or cold feet from some of our Rep`s. When this situation was being acted on the text messages were flying..... some, I`m sure from management to UAW rep`s and I`m sure there were the text messages from UAW Rep`s to management.

We will have those that think its better to hold off and let the company do as they see fit. We also have the shoot`em all and let G-D sort them out.... mentality. But, I see this group that we have at CAP looking at the way they represent the members as a business, a carryover from the recent past. In business the give and take is good for all unless its one sided. Like so oftend it has been, here at CAP. But, this group of younger Rep`s is looking at equality for the membership. (something we have needed for some time at CAP)

So, yes we had a strong group of Rep`s stroll down to the floor with the Chairman and to all those text messages and questions, I don`t know where the other Rep`s went? Take it from one that has had the privilege of climbing down into the companies back yard ready to fight, it can be very intimidating and yes scary..... but, give those Rep`s time. Those that come out next time ready to back up the contract to the memberships benefit will be the Rep`s you want in our corner.

Hope.... it`s the one thing that we all need.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 2

Now ...Fatso.... and a whisle too??

I would like to make one thing just a little clearer. Yes, we had our Chairman and a small group of Rep`s act on the " I`M THE BOSS" type of attitude we see so offend from those in management that most offend don`t have a clue or experience in the position they hold. (Mr. Wells??) But, we are still experiencing the cool or cold feet from some of our Rep`s. When this situation was being acted on the text messages were flying..... some, I`m sure from management to UAW rep`s and I`m sure there were the text messages from UAW Rep`s to management.

We will have those that think its better to hold off and let the company do as they see fit. We also have the shoot`em all and let G-D sort them out.... mentality. But, I see this group that we have at CAP looking at the way they represent the members as a business, a carryover from the recent past. In business the give and take is good for all unless its one sided. Like so oftend it has been, here at CAP. But, this group of younger Rep`s is looking at equality for the membership. (something we have needed for some time at CAP)

So, yes we had a strong group of Rep`s stroll down to the floor with the Chairman and to all those text messages and questions, I don`t know where the other Rep`s went? Take it from one that has had the privilege of climbing down into the companies back yard ready to fight, it can be very intimidating and yes scary..... but, give those Rep`s time. Those that come out next time ready to back up the contract to the memberships benefit will be the Rep`s you want in our corner.

Hope.... it`s the one thing that we all need.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Great posts Decker!
  • Like 2

The IUAW has turned into an administrative service company that promotes corporatism.On a local level,much depends on 'who you are',meaning that there is unequal enforcement of the contract and favortism depending on if you are just an ordinary hourly person or a union person.DTP operates at 90% capacity and the more the workforce is compliant the harder the company acts!My opinion.Results may vary."Up to and including termination".Yes at DTP a security guard may order you to show your I.D.badge.Make you state your name while looking at the badge and admonish\intimidate you for rule violations such as stepping off the sidewalk while not wearing a yellow reflective vest while walking outside of the plant.It doesnt happen to everybody,I understand that.KEEP READING----nobody ever gave me a yellow vest.What am I doin wrong NOW!?What did I do this time?Ya wanna transfer to DTP?Its where it{the UAW} all began,Deck.Come on Deck,me and you buddy!You wanna stand up?You wanna be the guinea pig?I`ll watch!Me,I eat shit.Humiliating and depressing as it may be,for food and shelter for my family,I eat shit.Lets open up the contract and give some more concessions to make up for the losses in Europe!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 2

The IUAW has turned into an administrative service company that promotes corporatism.On a local level,much depends on 'who you are',meaning that there is unequal enforcement of the contract and favortism depending on if you are just an ordinary hourly person or a union person.DTP operates at 90% capacity and the more the workforce is compliant the harder the company acts!My opinion.Results may vary."Up to and including termination".Yes at DTP a security guard may order you to show your I.D.badge.Make you state your name while looking at the badge and admonish\intimidate you for rule violations such as stepping off the sidewalk while not wearing a yellow reflective vest while walking outside of the plant.It doesnt happen to everybody,I understand that.KEEP READING----nobody ever gave me a yellow vest.What am I doin wrong NOW!?What did I do this time?Ya wanna transfer to DTP?Its where it{the UAW} all began,Deck.Come on Deck,me and you buddy!You wanna stand up?You wanna be the guinea pig?I`ll watch!Me,I eat shit.Humiliating and depressing as it may be,for food and shelter for my family,I eat shit.Lets open up the contract and give some more concessions to make up for the losses in Europe!

Fatso, come on...

I have been doing this stand up thing for a few years. (elected/appointed) I`ve had to do the humiliation song and dance many times... many times. I have had members stand right next to me, when making their point to management, just to have the members look at management and take their side in the discussion. Or watch as members give their self up for the taking, even in a situation that was completely win able. Then there are the situations that make every time I have had to start dancing or ask for fries with that shit sandwich, you know the situation where a LRO Rep is not only wrong but can`t see that the person sitting across from their desk is a human being. Then minutes after the discussion wtih the LRO Rep and the member is given much less or not given any discipline at all.

Then the time when we went to one shift and all the problems our members went through. All the phone calls made, getting members directed to the right agencies, taking members to local churches and even showing up at court, for moral support, just to state for the record that the man (member) was and had been on lay off for over 9 monthes and was fighting to retain visitation rights. All the time I had members complaining "you spend to much time at the hall". On two occasions, a member put a motion on the flood to stop me from being at the hall so much. (both times the motion was unsuccessful) All in all, it was all worth it (the standing up) because of the look on the members face or the thank you`s from their kindala and family members, that makes up for everything else.

Over the years I have had the privilege of not only holding positions but, having the ablity to learn the other side of the coin. That other side of the coin or knowledge of how it works is what finally made me stop caring about being anything more than a local level Rep. Not real sure I want to do that either.

Like you Fatso, I too have a family (grown now) and have, with the help of my business partners (IUAW and Ford), put food in their mouthes and a roof over their heads. I like you and so many others just want to be treated like something more than a cost factor, equipment or liability. Also so many just want to be treated as a business partner in a fair manner. Most just want the DAM contract to be abided by.

So if you agree that there is a Fatso at DTP and a Decker at CAP that are similar and then realize that there are 10`s of thousands other UAW members that are just as similar to those two trouble makers (Fatso & Decker) You won`t need a guinea pig (Decker) packing up and taking a drive on 94.

Only when the members become aware that they have to stand up, will things start to get better. Most cases were the membership will have to stand up the membership has to realize that in most cases they are standing up against two fronts. IUAW and Ford.

The one thing that is becoming more and more appearent and a very useful tool "communication"!!!! The knowledge of what the hell they (Ford & IUAW) are doing at the different plants is their biggest fear. There is no need for a Decker at DTP or a Fatso at CAP we just have to communicate. We have younger members teaching older memebers how to text. There are members that get together to just ..... discuss issues. This is what I believe is making things different at CAP. Communicate, communicate and then communicate some more.....

Fatso, you and I have agreed on many issues and once again I agree with you a 100%, when it comes to opening up the contract. I like so many at CAP think we haven`t seen anything yet.... the next negociations may be a real "eye" opener. I dont refer to those two pretty blue peepers......

Hang in there young brother, hang on to hope... and communicate!!!!

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker

Meanwhile at The Rouge.If you happen to see the one person out of hundreds walking around outside on the road {yes it is a rule}wearing a yellow safety vest that guy is me,my union brother.So a security guard at The Rouge,can holler at me,call me "HEY YOU",run at me {I know you know nothing about intimidating body language,it doesnt exist until an hourly person does it}demand my identification without presenting any introductions himself and then read me the 'working-class riot of July 5th,2012'.By the way ,I told my supervisor the very next day about what happened and I still dont have a yellow vest.So here is what Fatso,the mitty-man would do.I would tell everybody not to walk off the sidewalk during the course of their work day until they are provided with a yellow safety vest.It is impossible to get around without a yellow vest because there are not many sidewalks.How is that for solidarity?If a Local CAP UAW official finally stood up------G-O-D B-L-E-S-S Y-O-U!WE EARN our money by making Ford profits!Respect and dignity dont cost the company any money!Leave it to Chicago,,,,my hometown by the way.Ever been to Marquette Park around 71st and Kedzie?Ever see a NAZI van blaring messages.Hey if that post above this one has anything to do with me----I did not read it.Sick of the fucking peasants reading me the 'working-class riot act of July 7th 2012'.You read my shit,,,I dont care about yours.Maybe you`ll learn something!Did I tell ya I was born in Chicago?

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

Meanwhile at The Rouge.If you happen to see the one person out of hundreds walking around outside on the road {yes it is a rule}wearing a yellow safety vest that guy is me,my union brother.So a security guard at The Rouge,can holler at me,call me "HEY YOU",run at me {I know you know nothing about intimidating body language,it doesnt exist until an hourly person does it}demand my identification without presenting any introductions himself and then read me the 'working-class riot of July 5th,2012'.By the way ,I told my supervisor the very next day about what happened and I still dont have a yellow vest.So here is what Fatso,the mitty-man would do.I would tell everybody not to walk off the sidewalk during the course of their work day until they are provided with a yellow safety vest.It is impossible to get around without a yellow vest because there are not many sidewalks.How is that for solidarity?If a Local CAP UAW official finally stood up------G-O-D B-L-E-S-S Y-O-U!WE EARN our money by making Ford profits!Respect and dignity dont cost the company any money!Leave it to Chicago,,,,my hometown by the way.Ever been to Marquette Park around 71st and Kedzie?Ever see a NAZI van blaring messages.Hey if that post above this one has anything to do with me----I did not read it.Sick of the fucking peasants reading me the 'working-class riot act of July 7th 2012'.You read my shit,,,I dont care about yours.Maybe you`ll learn something!Did I tell ya I was born in Chicago?

Born in Chicago? Then you`ll know where 103rd & Wentworth Ave is. I learned how to stand up right there in that part of Roseland (Pullman). Yep, heard stories about the nazi van. They would turn off the shit about a block away from my Grandfather`s hot dog stand at 79th & Halsted. (David Berg Hotdog`s) After they stopped and got their dog`s with the secret sauce, they would take their Mr. Pibb`s and Berg dogs get back in their van and at about 80th & Halsted they would turn their shit back on....

You need a yellow vest.... take one. Hell, take a box of the dam vests. Sell a couple of them and take the money and buy a dozen of dunkin`s best and drop them off at the guard shack.... Give them the Chicago special touch.

Sounds like you might need to spend a little time back home... remember how Chicago works? remember how the CPD works? Security Guard`s.... rent a cop`s thats all.

I`ve learned something, you don`t read much and it`s ok to read your shit. Oh, you did mention you spent time in Chicago. Ever process through 26th & California?

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

When I started my thread with a question it has been surprising to me the nerve it has touched. It seems that I am not the only one that shows up everyday and wants nothing more than to know there are officials that will lay it on the line for the membership. To look in the mirror, we as the rank and file need to get behind and support those that have are best interest at heart. As an optimist I think the UAW is on it's way back to the vibrant social change mechanism.

• Like 2

Nobody has given me any kind of vest in 8 years!look,I dont mean to get 'snippy',I dont even know you guys,okay.I am just pointing out how Locals operate.It all revolves around who you are in the pecking order.So,one guy has to wear the safety vest because he was 'shook down' by a security guard and the other hundred guys doing the same thing have no idea what the problem is?Would that humiliate you?Would you feel alienated and paranoid,like what is gonna happen to me next?That is my problem and I will ask for a vest and if given one,I will wear one because my family needs food and shelter.If my supervisor ignores my request and does not get me a vest then I run the risk of being chastised and written up by security for walking outside the building NOT on a sidewalk.Maybe I can pay back the company for my vest using payroll deductions like a McDonald`s uniform.Now back on topic about the UAW.All the power comes from the IUAW and in my opinion {I get one because I am a dues paying member}the IUAW has turned into an administrative services company that promotes corporatism.I can see the day coming when the IUAW NOT the locals determine local issues such as work schedules.God Bless good union people like Greg Shotwell and Gary Walkcowicz and Nick Kottalis.They are old-school.Sorry if I offended anybody,,let me go.

Edited by Fatso

Yes the list goes on.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Who did that? Grant?...or is he in stamping? Regardless...I luv luv luv this kinda $hit! Management needs a good kick in the ass occasionally!

• Like 2

Who did that? Grant?...or is he in stamping? Regardless...I luv luv luv this kinda $hit! Management needs a good kick in the ass occasionally!

Yes, Grant and a few of our younger Rep`s came together and used the contract language properly!!!!!

I love to see this happening also!!!!

Grant is here at CAP, not at CHSP.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 2

Yes, Grant and a few of our younger Rep`s came together and used the contract language properly!!!!!

I love to see this happening also!!!!

Grant is here at CAP, not at CHSP.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Grant's a good dude...

• Like 1