Focus ST3 Package Production Delay

winterfrost

I'm pretty sure the ST3 delay is in some way related to the HIDs, though I am not sure what the issue actually is. There are many rumors, including vendor supplying the wrong color bezel (chrome vs black), vendor not delivering parts on time, and a design defect that caused overheating which required a modified design. Could be one of these, or something completely different. Any clarification of the real issue would be appreciated as I also have an ST3 on order. Thanks.

Edited by Unreal

hmm...

offer to take those chrome housing off their hands for...oh...10% of the regular cost and

ST-L (L for Ltd, L for Luxury)

:D

(L for LemonADE, L for Lookatme, L for Lasvegas...)

Edited by 2b2

• 1 month later...

The most expensive trim level, also called "equipment package 202A". Full leather heated seats, Nav + radio upgrade, HID headlights, and some smaller details including LED running lights and ambient lighting. "ST2" is the mid-level, with the Recaro sets w/ inserts, while ST1 is the base model with cloth seats.

Edited by ldd

I don't know if they're as official as the 201A / 202A numbers, but I have seen the STn nomenclature on Ford material. For instance, if you swing by the Ford.com configuration tool

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/focusst/

Click "Build & Price", then zip, then notice the text for the middle package when you get to packages, where it says "ST Model - ST2". It's the only one that says that, though <shrug>.

I'm also pretty sure I saw that numbering on some order information or invoice one dealer had when they were talking about their incoming cars. They had an ST2 dealer order, and and ST3 that was a committed retail order.

I think _every single one_ of the dealer orders coming in my area is an ST2 plus moonroof and radio/nav/MFT upgrade. No ST1s, no ST3s, unless someone ordered one that way.

• 2 weeks later...