Voice Commands

digijay

When test driving the Escape Titanium, we found that we were unable to change the temperature by voice commands.

We used the "Change Climate to 22 degrees" command and it acknowledged, but the temperature never actually changed.

The dealer was a little embarrassed at the failure and assured me that my vehicle would be fine, but I can't see how he can make that promise at this point.

Has anyone else had issues with this yet?

I just picked up my Titanium Escape on Friday. When I was reviewing the car with the dealer, that was one area I wanted to test and make sure was working. Sure enough no issues at all with the MFT or the voice commands. Over the weekend I had some friends and family come check out the new ride and during my demonstration of the the voice commands it failed to change the temperature on several occations. It is not all the time, but once and awhile is still upsetting. I have only noticed voice command issues on the temperature change. My other MFT issue was while making a phone call the screen freaked out at me for a couple seconds and then correct itself. MFT still has a couple bugs that need to be worked out.

I believe the reason you are having some problems is what you are saying. If i remember the temp

can only be set to temps between 60 & 85 degrees. Setting temp to 22 degrees is not a valid command.

I use the full system in both a 2011 edge and a 2013 escape and both cars work great 99% of the time.

I also teach Sync and MyFord touch for a dealer and do not see many problems. Yes still needs work

but is great technology.

22 degrees was a valid command because we're in Canada and we were using Celsius :)

I assumed that much but does the software have to be changed to a Celsius or metric standard? Consequently issuing a command to set it as 70 would not be accepted in such a system.

I wonder if the radios on and it has a song with numbers in it, does it freak out the software???? :punched:

I assumed that much but does the software have to be changed to a Celsius or metric standard? Consequently issuing a command to set it as 70 would not be accepted in such a system.

I wonder if the radios on and it has a song with numbers in it, does it freak out the software???? :punched:

Everything was already in Celcius.. I can't remember exactly what it said, but I recall the system confirming the temp change, but it just never happened. As I can see above, it looks like it wasn't a one-off thing, someone else having the same issue. Hope these issues are ironed out soon!

I've had the same thing happen with mine. While I'm in the US, I have mine set to metric temperatures if it matters (I'm an engineer - we like the metric system). I can only remember having it happen once but I don't really use the voice system for climate changes except to show it off since I've found it's easier and faster to just reach down and change the temperature knob.

Mine works great. It's the only voice command I've tried so far as I've only driven it about 15 miles. (Home from the dealer, then to the shop for the clear bra install.)

I have left the voice command setting as default for extra prompting while I learn the system. That can be changed later when I get the hang of it.

- First I said, "What can I say?" because I only remembered that much from reading the manual

- The lil' lady told me to see the screen for options

- I waited til I was stopped then after viewing my options I said "Climate"

- When prompted, I said "71 degrees"

- She repeated the temp, asked for confirmation

- I said "yes" then it changed.

I tried several different temps on my way to the shop. I did need to speak more clearly once for an accurate temp but that is to be expected as I learn.

I'm sure there are multiple ways & a much quicker way to accomplish the above.

I need to see if I can change the voice like we can on our Garmin Nuvi.

Edited by Sassy7