Auto dimming mirror sagging?

svtenthusiast

Was wondering if anyone else with the auto dim mirror on the 2013 Escape notices after a few days that you have to adjust it back up to the correct height to see out the rear window? I experienced this on my 2012 Focus with the auto dim mirror too, and thought it was my imagination or difference of height in the morning, but now some of the 2012 Focus people are reporting it too. Suprising if Ford knew it was an issue on the Focus, how the same issue is now happening in the 2013 Escape. Wonder if that's why they deleted the auto dim mirror on the 2013 Focus?

I figured I would say something the next time I go in for service, but would be nice if Ford had a TSB or if other people here report the same issue, as it will be hard for the technician to duplicate since you have to drive it for a few days. Must be a design flaw with the supplier of that mirror. This is the first time I have experienced this in a vehicle, and many of my vehicles have had auto dim mirrors.

Edited by svtenthusiast

Was wondering if anyone else with the auto dim mirror on the 2013 Escape notices after a few days that you have to adjust it back up to the correct height to see out the rear window? I experienced this on my 2012 Focus with the auto dim mirror too, and thought it was my imagination or difference of height in the morning, but now some of the 2012 Focus people are reporting it too. Suprising if Ford knew it was an issue on the Focus, how the same issue is now happening in the 2013 Escape. Wonder if that's why they deleted the auto dim mirror on the 2013 Focus?

I figured I would say something the next time I go in for service, but would be nice if Ford had a TSB or if other people here report the same issue, as it will be hard for the technician to duplicate since you have to drive it for a few days. Must be a design flaw with the supplier of that mirror. This is the first time I have experienced this in a vehicle, and many of my vehicles have had auto dim mirrors.

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was my imagination, but it must be moving....

I have noticed though that the cover for the mirror's wiring is very easy to knock off when you are cleaning the inside of the windshield.

The cover on mine was loose when I first took delivery as well. Taking it off and pushing the plastic retaining prongs in a little bit finally solved that though.

PillBoy,

You just got it. You just got the mud flaps, Weatherbeaters, sill covers, and the armor plating installed. AND it's you wife's car. You can't have used it enough to need to clean the windshield already...? Or are you really OCD?

:angel: heh...heh...

You forgot about the force shield...and it was my wife who knocked the cover off...OCD runs in the family even though we are not related by blood. 198 miles...she is still driving her old car when she has to go somewhere.

Yep,mine is doing the same thing.Until I saw this thread I thought it was my wife playing with MY car. Item 2 on my list for the dealer to look at when I have nothing better to do.Item 1 is.. I feel a very faint thump in my driver side wheel well when making turns.

• 1 month later...

I laughed when I first read this post but just today I noticed for the 2nd or maybe 4th time in 1,500 miles I've needed to adjust my mirror upwards a slight amount. Svtenthusiast, have you found a remedy? Anyone? Will the adjusting become more frequent?

Edited by ticobird

Not long after I bought my 2010 Fusion in June of 2009 the mirror started sagging, so much so it was hard to see out of due to the vibration.. Dealer said there is no adjustment to tighten it so they replaced it. It's been just fine since then and my wife and I drive the car so it gets adjusted a lot.

Not long after I bought my 2010 Fusion in June of 2009 the mirror started sagging, so much so it was hard to see out of due to the vibration.. Dealer said there is no adjustment to tighten it so they replaced it. It's been just fine since then and my wife and I drive the car so it gets adjusted a lot.

Good to know. Now, I wish some other things in my life weren't sagging.

• 3 weeks later...