Never got called back to MAP

LB8527

Wondering why I've been a temp since 07 and when they decided to hire full time I never recieved a call but I hear that Michigan Works people are back and their full time who should I speak with cause the union are not offering any real answers giving me the run around

Wondering why I've been a temp since 07 and when they decided to hire full time I never recieved a call but I hear that Michigan Works people are back and their full time who should I speak with cause the union are not offering any real answers giving me the run around

I dont have a good answer for you, but i'm assuming you dont know anyone in the union.. the union that got their buddies hired full time and are giving you a run around. it's the buddy system.

If you are not getting any answers from the Local the next step would be to go to Region 1A and inquire there. But I would make sure you have checked with the Local President at 900 first before going to the Region, sometimes honest mistakes happen and can be corrected without going higher up the chain.

• Like 1

If you are not getting any answers from the Local the next step would be to go to Region 1A and inquire there. But I would make sure you have checked with the Local President at 900 first before going to the Region, sometimes honest mistakes happen and can be corrected without going higher up the chain.

Who would you recommend that I speak too do you have a number

You would need to talk to Bill Johnson. He is the plant chairman @ MAP and was @ WAP. 1A has nothing to do with hiring. I would call local 900 and ask for his number at MAP and be relentless in calling him. If all else fails ambush him at the next union meeting in the parking lot and don't take no for an answer.

I don't know your situation, but MAP ended up hring two groups off the street full time after thyey finished hiring people already in the system. Granted, MAP didn't exactly hire by time with the company, instead the Local took care of their people first (which were mostly temps hired in in 11) before hring in temps from other plants. If you have indeed been a temp since 07 and they passed you over to hire people full time off the street then you have a legit grievance. I'd be mad as Hell.

From what I understand, the temps we currently have will be getting laid off soon and probably sent to FRAP for training, and when that happens MAP will have to bring in new temps as I don't think we'd have enough people to run without most of the temps we have now.

Sounds like you got a raw deal, but like I said, I don't know your situation, maybe you weren't called back for a reason. Is it possible your name was removed from the list due to a "turn down"?

I dont have a good answer for you, but i'm assuming you dont know anyone in the union.. the union that got their buddies hired full time and are giving you a run around. it's the buddy system.

This is so true. Local 900 basically did the opposite of what the company said it would do when hiring. They hired in all their buddies and local membership first before going outside the plant even though that meant most of the people hired in full time first actually had less time with the company than most of the people they hired in from outside plants afterwards.

There is nothing anybody can do about it now. It is what it is and the truth is, at least most of us ended up with permament jobs even though those full-time jobs ended up not being quite as good as we all expected them to be. We just gotta deal with all the crap and maybe eventually we'll end up where we want to be.

You would need to talk to Bill Johnson. He is the plant chairman @ MAP and was @ WAP. 1A has nothing to do with hiring. I would call local 900 and ask for his number at MAP and be relentless in calling him. If all else fails ambush him at the next union meeting in the parking lot and don't take no for an answer.

You would do just as well talking to the tooth fairy or even the General on here. Johnson isn't going to listen. Hell, he won't even allow people to have a copy of the local agreement. Must be so he can change the interpertation whenever it suits him or his cronies.

I don't know your situation, but MAP ended up hring two groups off the street full time after thyey finished hiring people already in the system. Granted, MAP didn't exactly hire by time with the company, instead the Local took care of their people first (which were mostly temps hired in in 11) before hring in temps from other plants. If you have indeed been a temp since 07 and they passed you over to hire people full time off the street then you have a legit grievance. I'd be mad as Hell.

From what I understand, the temps we currently have will be getting laid off soon and probably sent to FRAP for training, and when that happens MAP will have to bring in new temps as I don't think we'd have enough people to run without most of the temps we have now.

Sounds like you got a raw deal, but like I said, I don't know your situation, maybe you weren't called back for a reason. Is it possible your name was removed from the list due to a "turn down"?

No every time we were called to return I came back I started at WAP in 07 then when we were laid off I went to Flat Rock and Dearborn for those fews weeks in 2010 and even to MAP in 2011 and got laid off again so no I have never turned them down so it blows me that I never received a call I'm getting the run around and I hear that Flat Rock people were given referrals like two wks ago for their people to get in and that some of the original Flat Rock people may be returning to their home plant I'm starting to notice they do what they want so I guess I will have to wait and see who all will leave in order for me to return but what if that 3rd shift is cut all together will they be sent to Flat Rock or just laid off cause I'm sure those Flat rock people will be pushing for their family members and its only like 1200 jobs I hear

No every time we were called to return I came back I started at WAP in 07 then when we were laid off I went to Flat Rock and Dearborn for those fews weeks in 2010 and even to MAP in 2011 and got laid off again so no I have never turned them down so it blows me that I never received a call I'm getting the run around and I hear that Flat Rock people were given referrals like two wks ago for their people to get in and that some of the original Flat Rock people may be returning to their home plant I'm starting to notice they do what they want so I guess I will have to wait and see who all will leave in order for me to return but what if that 3rd shift is cut all together will they be sent to Flat Rock or just laid off cause I'm sure those Flat rock people will be pushing for their family members and its only like 1200 jobs I hear

You will have to subtract the number of ACH workers who are going to grab "around 600-800" of those slots as well.

You will have to subtract the number of ACH workers who are going to grab "around 600-800" of those slots as well.

So what about all the Flat Rock workers who left when they lost the 2nd shift in 2010 cant they return to their home plant then your saying about 600-800 of those positions will be filled with ach people another one is saying that MAP LTS will be going their then flat rock people were given referrals to get their people in but it may go other way and they will do what they want I'm trying to return to MAP so I guess will have to wait and see

So what about all the Flat Rock workers who left when they lost the 2nd shift in 2010 cant they return to their home plant then your saying about 600-800 of those positions will be filled with ach people another one is saying that MAP LTS will be going their then flat rock people were given referrals to get their people in but it may go other way and they will do what they want I'm trying to return to MAP so I guess will have to wait and see

They'll pull the same shit they did with Wayne Assembly & Michigan Truck workers. It's a new plant and the plant your at now is your home plant.

They'll pull the same shit they did with Wayne Assembly & Michigan Truck workers. It's a new plant and the plant your at now is your home plant.

I hear that they have a list at MAP for people to sign if they wanted to go to flat rock I'm just trying to figure out why I never got called to come back to MAP but they hired off the street people over me when I started in 07 and was never fired and came back each time I was called