Are either of these a good deal? or both?

howie411

After I spent a long time negotiating with a local dealer, based on information about the dealer cost (available from different sources), I had a good idea about the right price.

I then went to 5 different dealers, and told them I wanted an SEL with sunroof in white and to give me a bid with the best price all in, no time for negociation go-around, etc... and that the one with the best price would sell me a car tonight... most were surprised and did not want to commit, giving me prices about 750$ higher than I already had, but one gave me a price (in writing) about 500$ lower than the one I had, basically dealer cost, which I took to my original dealer to match. Do I feel bad about having them work like that? Not at all! They still have other incentives and payments from Ford to make money...

It's a big purchase, and they do not want to make it easy to compare, but try to simplify it as much as possible by working with the same model, trim, color, etc, with a final price including all fees and taxes to really compare apples and apples. It's worth investing a few evenings.

Good luck with your purchase!

Ben

Well, I live in Fairfax County, VA. One of the most expensive counties in the country. But its a great place to have a job, either private or federal. I was $33,000 out the door for my Titanium 4WD w/sunroof and tow package. This price includes a 4% sales tax, $500.00 in dealer processing fees and 80 bucks for tags and registration. The $1000.00 incentive was active at the time of purchase. Used my own bank (USAA) at 1.45%.

Edited by Escapism

You have low prices compared to California. I know for sure I got my car for the dealer invoice price, so it's nearly impossible to get it for less. Here is the break down for Titanium 4WD with Navigation and Parking Technology. No leather, no sunroof.

$34,735 MSRP

$32,916 Selling price (Invoice including destination, advertising assessment, fuel charge)

- $2,250 Factory rebates (incl. $750 private cash)

$30,666 Net Cost + $3318 (fees/taxes)

$33,984 Total