United Local 2000 (open forum)

American Thunder

Well, I'd like to welcome everyone to OHAP. I've been speaking with some people here and there. I'm assigned over on the windshield cell at column G17. If anyone needs anything or has any questions, please feel free to see me. I usually always have the contract books with me, national and local, as well.

wildosvt,

I should have explained. Local 425 and 2000 are one union now. Lorain shut down production of the econoline and moved it to Ohio Assembly on Thursday. It is in our best intrest to work together and not look at eachother as diffrent people from diffrent unions.

Ah yes, That transition will take a while. People are nervous and upset, Shit they are in a foreign place for christs sake.. Give it some time and things will settle down.

I wish all of you the very best. Just remember to tug on your shoulders every once in a while. (pull head out of ur ass for those who did not get it)

And I quote AmericanThunder from another post:

Dirtydeeds you would rather have appointed union reps or elected grievance handlers? You are now at local 2000 and it will be local 2000 committeeman that will represent you.

More us vs. them.

there are no appointed grievence handlers. appointed union reps are health and safety, benefits, quality, erc, and fps. as far as elected commiteeman goes, how can you have commiteeman elected for departments that didn't exist at avon at election time? the number of commiteeman are elected to the number of people they represent.

Our committeemen are on the floor per population. They are not elected by departments, they are elected plant wide and the numbers dictate how many are on the floor at a given time. So, since our population has increased as of late ;) we should have more on the floor. Did you believe that the LAP reps that were elected were going to come over as reps? How would that have worked as far as the President, Chairman, BCs, etc.?

Dirtydeeds you answered your question when you said (the number of committeeman are elected to the number of people they represent). In the local 2000 by laws we elect 20 District Committeeman to cover for alternates and population changes. I know it's hard to accept but the international made the locals hold there elections. And lets not forget about those who lost the MOA they were also told by the international that they couldn't hold there election even though they voted to do so at the Union meeting. I guess all i'm trying to say is this shit is forced on all of us.

Edited by American Thunder

I agree with American Thunder that we now as of last Thursday need to put all that garbage out to the street and start a new as ONE union, One local, one membership for the greater good of all of our union brothers and sisters under the OHAP roof. I'd also like to say thank you Mary for saying welcome to many of the union brothers and sisters Thursday and Friday that came from 425 to 2000, as well as thank Mike P., Mike Donovan, Chris Ladikos, Marvin Jones, Bruce Yates, Jerry Donovan and many of the others that came down and introduced themselves to many of the people from 425 that were there.

For any of those people who know me and many need any help with anything issue wise, location wise, information wise or anything else, I'm in the same little corner of the plant that I left from the Villager system from 6 years ago down in the K-7 area .

Did you believe that the LAP reps that were elected were going to come over as reps?

Oh please Dear God in Heaven don't even suggest someone thought that could happen. That whole group was nothing but trash, and was only looking out for themselves. They still are. The only good guy was Alex Hall, and they are still trying to put the meat to him by trying to give him the boot while Jack, Scavio, and Cooper stay at LAP during tear out. He has more seniority, but go figure. They even stuck it to one of their own ,Lester, and cut him out over Zelina. Again go figure. I'm glad to be rid of them, and if any of you from 2000 ever had to work under their regiem for any lenght of time....lets just say you don't know how good you really have it no matter what issues or problems 2000 seems to have.

I'm glad to be here. Everyone I've met has been really great and just waiting to get this bird off the ground and flying.

Oh please Dear God in Heaven don't even suggest someone thought that could happen. That whole group was nothing but trash, and was only looking out for themselves. They still are. The only good guy was Alex Hall, and they are still trying to put the meat to him by trying to give him the boot while Jack, Scavio, and Cooper stay at LAP during tear out. He has more seniority, but go figure. They even stuck it to one of their own ,Lester, and cut him out over Zelina. Again go figure. I'm glad to be rid of them, and if any of you from 2000 ever had to work under their regiem for any lenght of time....lets just say you don't know how good you really have it no matter what issues or problems 2000 seems to have.

I'm glad to be here. Everyone I've met has been really great and just waiting to get this bird off the ground and flying.

Just remember to look out for Mary "Spring" Springowski. You'll see her parading through the plant all of the time carrying what appears to be about a 50lb. suitcase filled with a bunch of gossip paperwork and other useless trash, including copies of all of her many, many, restrictions, one of which is no lifting over 10 lbs. Go figure? You know, the one that is looking out for your best interests yet can't hold and perform the same operations that you can do. Great union person she is!

I guess you can see one of our politicians at work. Ask yourselfs what his problem is.

No politics here. Just calling the obvious shots as I see them. What s your relationship to the Donovans? You must have one, because you can't name 1 positive contribution that they have made to any of the goings on at OHAP. They talk shit, that's all. They can't back up any of their claims. So I will ask you as I did Mary; Please provide proof to justify any of the claims that she has made during this consolidation. There is no proof, because nobody that knows anything talks to this tyranical loudmouth. And you look pretty stupid getting on this board and kissing her ass. Maybe next time you can be a part of the less than 1% of the membership that voted for her. Support your current structure. Help to make this consolidation free of negativity that will further tarnish our image in the eyes of the company.

No politics here. Just calling the obvious shots as I see them. What s your relationship to the Donovans? You must have one, because you can't name 1 positive contribution that they have made to any of the goings on at OHAP. They talk shit, that's all. They can't back up any of their claims. So I will ask you as I did Mary; Please provide proof to justify any of the claims that she has made during this consolidation. There is no proof, because nobody that knows anything talks to this tyranical loudmouth. And you look pretty stupid getting on this board and kissing her ass. Maybe next time you can be a part of the less than 1% of the membership that voted for her. Support your current structure. Help to make this consolidation free of negativity that will further tarnish our image in the eyes of the company.

And you aint doing the same? Jerry was the one that negoshiated the Escape and Mariner. He got us a pretty good contract even when the Villager was going away. At least hes willing to stand up and fight for folks. Spring stands up for folks all the time. I aint ever seen her ask for nothing for herself. And if your talking shit about her being appointed it aint no different than Fred Penna getting his brother John in there. Same with the rest of the appointted guys. They all got in there becuase they was friends with someone. Thats how it works. You want to point fingers at them and hate on everybody who likes them but your just the same. You got this your with us or aginst us going and you dont want no one thinking unless there thinking how you want. It dont work like that fella.

And you aint doing the same? Jerry was the one that negoshiated the Escape and Mariner. He got us a pretty good contract even when the Villager was going away. At least hes willing to stand up and fight for folks. Spring stands up for folks all the time. I aint ever seen her ask for nothing for herself. And if your talking shit about her being appointed it aint no different than Fred Penna getting his brother John in there. Same with the rest of the appointted guys. They all got in there becuase they was friends with someone. Thats how it works. You want to point fingers at them and hate on everybody who likes them but your just the same. You got this your with us or aginst us going and you dont want no one thinking unless there thinking how you want. It dont work like that fella.

We had the same types at Lorain. They get a kick out of dividing the membership. If the membership was united they wouldn't have a life. Like this guy. So far the people on the floor have been really nice, including Spring and Jerry. I love the accent! I've seen some of the guys on the floor, Paul and the two Mikes. That's been it really so far but everyone has been very welcoming. Thank you.

Even thought your post made no sense, i'll attempt to respond. I could care less about anybody being appointed. When Mary was however, she was always out taking care of her kids, or bringing them into her office with her. She did nothing for anyine, yet claims she did. I really don't care what anyine does. I do care when she comes on here and claims to be doing all of this great stuff for the membership. All she is accomplishing is embarrassing us in the eyes of the public, which by the way, is our customer. Keep kissig her ass though. It will get you absolutely nothing in return. And to whatever that rash of illiteracy was that you ended your post with. I will never tell you how to think. I would however, suggest that you learn to think for yourself instead of becomming a puppet for some irrational lunatic like Mary. But hey, it's your choice. I sure hope your kids don't read you gutless murmurrings on here though. That would be embarrassing for you!

We had the same types at Lorain. They get a kick out of dividing the membership. If the membership was united they wouldn't have a life. Like this guy. So far the people on the floor have been really nice, including Spring and Jerry. I love the accent! I've seen some of the guys on the floor, Paul and the two Mikes. That's been it really so far but everyone has been very welcoming. Thank you.

Jerry is not on the floor, he's an electrician. He's supposed to be fixing things, not playing welcoming committee for you people. As for the division, there is none. I am simply calling a spade a spade. This membership by and large could care less about the Donovan family, just look at the last election results. This may be a shock to you, but the vast majority of our members don't post on here. You however sound like your trying to get invited to Mary's for Thanksgiving. Pathetic at best.

I'm hearing that the union is going to let people that were in gen bump low seniority people from Lorain( Shift Prefernce). Can anyone confirm that? Also if you have 94 seniority you are going to be takein off your assinged job you had in Lorain and going in a absentee pool. Does anyone know if thats true?

I don't know how 425 did it but in 2000 seniority rules. and you are in 2000

I don't know how 425 did it but in 2000 seniority rules. and you are in 2000

seniority ruled at 425 also. i think everyone knows that one except nick...

hey zx I hear that bitch Patty james is out to give you all the shit she can to make your stay at ohap very unwelcomealong with a few others with low sen. she is basically non union anyway so dont bother having a pissing contest with her she isnt worth the time.

Edited by motherfcker

seniority ruled at 425 also. i think everyone knows that one except nick...

I wish everyone would let the bullshit rest and try to take care of one another. I see alot going on on the floor but im balanced out so its up to everyone on that floor to work together and not get screwed. Z06 let that go and as far as ohap i like everyone i met so far.

And at this point he has eleven months to work on that. Best of luck to you on getting that invite. Have a Merry Christmas.

I felt that a Christmas invite was an unreal expectation, it's too personal. She'll much more appreciate the next 11 months of faithful support to her cause, whatever the hell that is. Oh, that's right, her Dad has appealed and they're gonna undo the whole consolidation, call back all of those that transfered elsewhere, kick out the Lorain people, and start this whole thing over with Jerry as unit 2 President, and Mary undoubtably serving the membership in some type of appointed capacity. A fairy tale in the making for sure.