Oil Life Monitoring System

Escapism

The left steering wheel control works the information screen between the speedo and tach. I have been through all those options and did not see the oil life monitor in there. I suspect you have to use the touch screen in the center of the dashboard.

If it's not on there, then it's different than on mine. My Edge has the two separate LCD's, not the single one like the Escape. I don't see anywhere on mine where it would display on the main screen.

Thanks to all who have responded. Exactly my point. Where the hell is it !! I mean, come on ford. It would be nice to see how much is left in oil life so I could better plan my trips to the dealer. Just trying to be proactive Ford.!!! :banghead: Do you see my avatar Ford?

There's a real time oil life monitor in the center of the driver's dash display. It's a 6-digit-digital number located under the top view image of a car. If you want to change your oil every 5000 miles, add 5000 to the original number on the display to determine when your oil is 100% depleted. To determine when the oil is 25% depleted add 1250 to the original number, for 50% depleted add 2500 to the original number and for 75% depleted add 3750 to the original number. If you change your oil every 7000 miles add 7000 for 100%, 1750 for 25%, 3500 for 50% and 5250 for 75%. If you change your oil every 10,000 miles, add 10,000 for 100%, add 2500 for 25%, 5000 for 50% and 7500 for 75%.

I don't believe it will tell you. There should be a section in the display by the gauges that says system check. That will most likely say "all systems normal". If so it won't tell you until it thinks it's time to change it. :(

If it doesn't, boo. It does on the MFT systems with dual IP LCD's.

Yeah, I mean the computer is figuring all this out. It knows when you tow, when you have alot of quick trips, temp, all that crap. So mister smarty pants tranzitman says just do simple math. Yeah, been there done that. I was just curious as to when the computer THINKS I need my oil changed, not when I would actually do it.

Focus and Escape are the same. Somehow they decided we didn't want to know our oil change status nor instant fuel economy like most other Ford's. It's been a common complaint since the 2012 Focus debut, CS reps suggest to put it on social.ford.com/your-ideas and they still haven't given that function to the 2013's.

Focus and Escape are the same. Somehow they decided we didn't want to know our oil change status nor instant fuel economy like most other Ford's. It's been a common complaint since the 2012 Focus debut, CS reps suggest to put it on social.ford.com/your-ideas and they still haven't given that function to the 2013's.

My '13 Focus does what I described above. It's just one of those little things that one would like to know.