What is profit sharing amount y.t.d.?

67cougar289

Do you want medical coverage when you retire???? Then you better hope that every profit share is good...Ford no longer owes you medical when you retire....The money has to come from you or there will be none....Ford paid all they are going to...If you want coverage in retirement, you better not bitch about paying for it now....or your could pay later dumb ass

Longball you are a Azz. Another one that voted YES for a F'd up contract. Ford, GM and Chrysler all have to pay into the veba asswipe. Along with US, with part of our profit sharing. Get your shit straight or don't post at all Shitball !!!

You ain't getting NOTHING !!!! Ford is going to right off 12 Billion dollars in the fourth QT. and your going to owe them. Also Shitball, No I do not support paying 10% of MY profit sharing to no VEBA, to have some company ( IUAW ) to run this VEBA to were they could change my insurance at a drop of a hat. The IUAW needs to take all that strike fund money that there using to lobby and put that into the veba. :stirpot: They talk You out of voting no didn't they shitball? So then why have a strike fund.

Edited by MTP'er

Longball you are a Azz. Another one that voted YES for a F'd up contract. Ford, GM and Chrysler all have to pay into the veba asswipe. Along with US, with part of our profit sharing. Get your shit straight or don't post at all Shitball !!!

I'm not sure why you think I don't know about how VEBA is funded...I've been retired awhile, but I think my shit is still straight as you put it...I think maybe you misread something I wrote....Here is something you should think about ...Ford gave the UAW enough money to cover the current retirees....all guys like you are going to have to make a profit until you retire or there will be no insurance for you...if you ever get there....I didn't make this up....look into it....you are not paying for my coverage...Ford did that....the 10% is for the future retirees....why so angry ....You see once us retirees get to age 65, we don't need the VEBA anymore...I can buy supplemental insurance to cover what medicare doesn't for less then the UAW charges monthly...I think your shit maybe crooked.....hahaha

Since you've been retired for awhile now you know what a fixed income is right? I'm not retired and have been on a fixed income for i beleive 7 years now. An hour of overtime is like hitting the lottery. Hopefully when and if i ever get to retire i will have better things to do than troll bon and stir the pot.

no overtime???? Sorry to hear that....I bet many would love to have your straight time wage....you guys ...a few anyways sound like spoiled brats....no one owes you anything...be thankful for the small things....I'm going to bed...you younger workers are certainly different then the men I spent 34 years with....

• Like 1

bigphish....I am called a shitstirer, especially by my friends, not knowing me, you and others may get the wrong impression, my antagonism is one of my best attributes. I get worked up when autoworkers don't seem to appreciate what they have. 2 tier wages suck...retiree insurance is a disappointment...but for most people working at Ford is like hitting the lottery...I see the positives outweighing the negatives in this economic climate...the written word is hard to get your tone across...sometimes personal bias is inserted to a comment by the reader...I will stand down now...until I can't help myself, again....thanks for the wake up call....oh yea....GO BUCKEYES....lol

• Like 1

Setting the topic straight...

Profit sharing is at $6,065 into the profit share fund per employee who has worked at least 1387.5 hours so far this year. For those who have worked less, a pro-rated share of that amount goes into the fund based on how many hours the employee has worked so far.

Special items have reduced our share by approximately $406 per employee. Had these amounts not been excluded, the amount would be $6,471 into the fund per employee.

To (again) set the record straight, an individual employee's profit share is not capped at $12,000. The only amount capped is the amount per employee that goes into the total profit share fund, and that cap is at $12,000. However, this amount is highly unlikely to ever be obtained, as our profit share only includes North American automotive-related profits. The highest amount ever North America has ever made strictly on automotive profits was this quarter, at $2.3 billion. If you multiply that by 4, you get $9.2 billion, still $2.8B shy of the "cap". 4Q earnings are almost always significantly less than any other quarter, as most automakers use the last quarter to write off inventory and other special items.

At Ford's current level of employees (appx. 41,000), this is a theoretical example of how profit share checks will look:

4Q earnings: $1.3 billion (estimated)

Special items: $1.0 billion (estimated)

Profits to calculate share: $300 million (estimated)

Net amount to fund per employee with over 1,850 hours worked: $300 (estimated)

Assume 41,000 employees.

Profit share amount into fund:

31,000 employees @ 1,850 hours or more: 6,365 * 31,000 = $197,315,000 (estimated)

10,000 employees @ 1,849.9 hours or less:

6,365 * (10,000 * (1300 / 1850)) = $44,726,855 (estimated, 1300 is the avg. hours worked between the 10K employees who did not achieve 1,850 hours)

Total profit share fund: $242,041,855 (DO NOT reduce this amount by 10% for VEBA - it has not yet been finalized, or even determined if legal yet)

Total hours worked by all hourly employees: 82,000,000

Profit Share Per compensated Hour (SPH): $2.9517

Take your total compensated hours (OT premiums excluded) and multiply that by the SPH. The average profit share for those who worked at least 2,080 hours (40 hours/wk for 52 weeks) should be around $6,139.53. This is before taxes, union dues and any other deductions. For those who had less, simply adjust your compensated hours down for the amount you had, and multiply it by the SPH.

No bickering is needed - this is all spelled out in Book 3 of the agreement. The company is required to provide to the union each year 2 figures - the amount of employees and a breakdown of how many employees worked how much hours - in 100-hour increments up to 1,850 hours. This is how the profit share for those with less than 1,850 hours is figured.

Edited by qwertyuiop

If your "minus 10% for VEBA " wasn't a shot at the arrangement to pay for our medical benefits...why didn't you also add union dues, medicare,state tax, federal tax,school tax...and what ever else you pay out of profit sharing....you can try to back out of your own words but it ain't flying with me....if your looking for the one dumbass in every topic you might want to look in the mirror...

Also our union is the one who reduced our benefit levels....this has nothing to do with the company...If Ford would have tried to do to the retirees, what the union did...we would have had our first strike since '76

Lets take a long look at the VEBA and it's origins.

The origins of the VEBA start with a 2005 decision by Ford to unilaterally cut retiree healthcare. The UAW challenged Ford believing retiree healthcare was vested. There was a threat of bankruptcy and a class action lawsuit was filed, referred to know as Hardwick I after one of the plaintiffs Bobby Hardwick. There was a settlement, an appeal, another settlement, contract ratifications, exemptions granted and a multitude of various documents floating out on the internet for all of these things.

My feeling having read a majority of these documents at one time or another over the last 4 years is that the Ford very likely had the right to cut healthcare as case-law surrounding the first lawsuit was 75/25 in their favor.

Here are some of the relevant documents

Memorandum of Understanding (includes payment schedule)

http://sec.edgar-online.com/ford-motor-co/8-k-current-report-filing/2007/11/15/section10.aspx

Apeals court decision regarding Hardwick I settlement and GM's veba settlement.

http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/07a0298p-06.pdf

Settlement agreement

http://www.uawtrust.org/AdminCenter/Library.Files/Media/501/About%20the%20Trust/Settlements/Ford%20Amended%20Settlement%20Agreement.pdf

While I can understand the anger towards the UAW over the change in retiree healthcare, the reality of the issue is that Ford would have ended all healthcare for retirees and it was only through contractual and legal action that there are any benefits at all. I think it's highly illogical to suggest that the UAW fund the VEBA.

Would you demand that the fire dept use the tax dollars you pay to have a fire dept. to rebuild the part of the house that was burned down after they saved a large percentage of it?

• Like 1

I have received more than the current cap in the past. Ford took the union to school in the last round of negotiations. I could save the union some money on new contract books.

1) Open your old contract book

2) Gather a straight edge and pencil

3) Cross through anything that benefits the worker

4) Add 2nd tier wage scale

5) Remove defined pension for new employees

6) More AWS

7) On the last page write be thankful you have a job

Keep drinking the cool aid

You no longer work for Ford, what do you know