10,000kms and loving it

digijay

Just took my Escape from Southern Ontario to Cape Breton (East Coast) and everywhere in between. Put on over 6,000kms in the last week, including driving through the famous Ms. Sandy.

I must say I still LOVE it!.

Fuel economy could still be improved, as I was averaging about 8.9L/100kms on flat highway at speeds of 115km/h. I was getting around 600kms per tank which was nice.

I'm very happy that the engine does a simple down shift to get up hills on cruise, unlike my friend's Equinox (he was driving with me) which would scream into overdrive to get up the same hill. I would like to see the On/Off button for cruise changed slightly. I found quite often I would accidentally turn it off when I meant to adjust the speed.

MFT still has it's issues, but that's really nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.

The lights are frigg'n bright! I had dozens of people flashing their high beams at me throughout the week thinking that I had my brights on.

I ran into a bit of snow in the hills and it performed fantastic.

Hate mine, want to trade already

I saw your new topic and what you had to say there. It's too bad you have a squeaker, have you tried another dealership? All I ask is, please don't reply to every new post from now on with how much you hate your car, how you want to trade it in or what a POS it is. I know this is an open forum and you have the right to say what you want, and you have. Others also have the right to respond. Good luck.

How is this for an opinion "DONT BUY a 2013 FORD ESCAPE"

is that better?

Thanks, that makes me feel so good. So because YOU have a problem with your vehicle, we are all stupid for buying one and enjoying it? I don't think anybody from Ford reads this forum, so if you have a specific complaint that concerns only your vehicle, you should adress it directly to them and stop polluting this nice owner's forum, where the vast majority of owners are happy with their purchase...

Thanks,

Ben

If you feel you are stupid thats on you. Never said anything about anyone being stupid. And other people have reported rattling issues, especially on the Kuga. If you had the problems I have then you might be a little unhappy and disapointed. I do feel I have made a mistake in buying this vehicle. I am glad you have a happy experience but I have not.

Edited by Tazzel

So wait, in the other thread you are complaining becuase your "american built car" squeaks, and its all the american workers faults yet most of the complaints are for the Kuga which isnt even built here? Yeah that makes sense. Please troll some place else. Becuase that is all you are doing is trolling. If you do not think so, then look up the definition of trolling.

I dont care who the hell builds it or on what soil. All the parts are basically the same, A part fits into part B and B into C. If mine started to rattle an squeak do you not think yours might start as well. Would you do nothing, say nothing? If it did start to rattle and squeak or have panels poping up would you recommend such vehicle to a friend? I dont think so. I am not happy with the Vehicle and I will say so!!! I am not happy with Ford Service and I will say so!!

Edited by Tazzel

Well, look on the bright side. At least you can now smoke recreational marijuana in Colorado. This should help you calm down and get your thoughts together. Unfortunately I don't think its going to help your grammar. Just kidding. Have you taken it to the dealer? If so, how many times? Did you call Ford and complain?

• Like 1

Just because the people passed it does not mean the Cities will allow it. People forget that State Laws and City Ordinances are not the same. Not that I care.

I have taken the Vehicle to the dealer that I purchased it from 3 times to fix the rattles and to try to get the dashboard panels from popping up with no success. When I can schedule, I will give another dealer a shot. Until then I play my radio really loud, unless it suddenly goes mute (another problem I am having that no one can explain for fix).

• 2 weeks later...

In Car & Driver's recent story on the Escape, they noted this..

the 1.6-liter engine is estimated by Ford to return 23 mpg city and 33 mpg highway on regular fuel. The most powerful choice is a 2.0-liter turbo four with 240 horses and 270 lb-ft of torque, the same power and 37 more lb-ft than offered by last year’s 3.0-liter V-6. (The 2.0-liter can also be found under the hoods of the Explorer, Edge, and upcoming 2013 Fusion and 2013 Focus ST.) The EPA rates the front-drive 2.5 at 22/31 mpg and the 2.0-liter EcoBoost at 22/30 with front-wheel drive and 21/28 with AWD. Past experience with EcoBoost models tells us that it might be hard to achieve the reported numbers in the turbo Escapes, however.