2013 Titanium horrible MPG so far.

marjen

Yeah, this is what I was trying to say. Most cars probably dip a lot once you press the gas down even a little. We are just noticing now because we have a car that shows the instantaneous MPG readout. I don't see the need for Scangauge II since the car itself has the instantaneous readout. I'm sure there are probably other goodies that you could look at as well with it.

These were my thoughts too as I was posting my last post. I decided to anyways, despite the risks

of sounding a whiney, but I figured itd be the best way to learn. My last car was a 02 celica gt and I averaged about 30 mpg, so I feel like my previous experience definitely skewed my expectations. Thanks for all the informative responses.

I took a trip north (270mi one way) for the weekend to do some snowboarding, and was sure to monitor gas usage on the trip. On the way up, the roads were wet, temps were in the upper 20's, and I was driving between 70 and 72mph. My average bounced between 30 and 31mpg until the roads got snow covered, and dropped to 29.5mpg as I pulled into the driveway at my destination. On the way back, the roads were dry, temps were in the low 30's, and again I was driving 70-72mph on the freeway. As I pulled into home, the reading on the dash was 30.1mpg.

Overall, I'm pleased with my mileage (as I've said before). The car has hit the city estimates for me from day one, and my highway mileage has been getting better with each trip (car now has 3100mi). 29-30mpg is totally reasonable in my mind for winter conditions, winter tires, and freeway speeds. Once I have the summer rubber back on there and the temps warm up, it's no question in my mind that the car will be able to hit the EPA estimates.

I've been getting about 18-19 MPG city. My commute to work is pretty short, only 4 miles each way, with only about 1.25 mile on the highway. Definitely not enough time for my car to get up to normal operating temp, so I am actually pretty happy with it. Of course when the spring/summer hits I expect to be up to around 20-21 MPG as it won't take nearly as long to heat up and the non winter blend.

I took a trip north (270mi one way) for the weekend to do some snowboarding, and was sure to monitor gas usage on the trip. On the way up, the roads were wet, temps were in the upper 20's, and I was driving between 70 and 72mph. My average bounced between 30 and 31mpg until the roads got snow covered, and dropped to 29.5mpg as I pulled into the driveway at my destination. On the way back, the roads were dry, temps were in the low 30's, and again I was driving 70-72mph on the freeway. As I pulled into home, the reading on the dash was 30.1mpg.

Overall, I'm pleased with my mileage (as I've said before). The car has hit the city estimates for me from day one, and my highway mileage has been getting better with each trip (car now has 3100mi). 29-30mpg is totally reasonable in my mind for winter conditions, winter tires, and freeway speeds. Once I have the summer rubber back on there and the temps warm up, it's no question in my mind that the car will be able to hit the EPA estimates.

Wow, pretty different experience than me and I'm in warmer temps (Georgia). How many miles on your car?

I've been getting about 18-19 MPG city. My commute to work is pretty short, only 4 miles each way, with only about 1.25 mile on the highway. Definitely not enough time for my car to get up to normal operating temp, so I am actually pretty happy with it. Of course when the spring/summer hits I expect to be up to around 20-21 MPG as it won't take nearly as long to heat up and the non winter blend.

jinx8402, There is no way you will get good mileage with a 4 mile trip to work in winter with any car that has an I-C-E, the engine will not have time to warm up.

My Prius drops to 30-31 in those conditions actually, 18 mpg is pretty good for that size car in the winter with very short trips----------You need an energi for such short commutes.

Edited by chuckokie36

I wasn't complaining about it, I am happy with what I am getting, considering my commute. I just expect I will see a 1-2MPG increase once warmer weather/non winter blend fuel comes. If not, I still won't be too upset. I would have loved getting the hybrid or energi, however, about twice a year I take a long trip from RI down to VA, and need the trunk space travelling with my wife and 2 year old.