New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Bought her a little over a week ago, SE with 1.6, lux package, rear park sensors, park assist, MFT. Tinted the windows on monday, 35% sides and 20% on back window, state legal here in NE. Replacement for a 2006 GMC Envoy, Feels good to be back in a car...

That's quite the switch from an Envoy (as it probably will be from my H3). Nice car!

• 2 weeks later...

ScreenLayoutMFT.jpg

Here is the Layout for MFT with dual climate control and heated front seats. The Gray areas are buttons and the Yellow areas are Text zones. Here is an overlay that is transparent which can be placed over a images to show what will be covered up:

Trans_MFT_Layout.png

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just Bought my 2013 fusion SE 2 weeks ago so far it's been great coming from a 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 the fusion definitely feels more refined and is WAY WAY better on Fuel

the fusion is a 1.6 Ecoboost LUX pkg with leather,nav,backup camera,MFT and sunroof

I got 5% tint done on the back 5 windows(nothing on the fronts not legal here and the cops are really anal about it too)

also tinted the red reflector ring around the tail lights as well as the reflectors in the bumper

(debadged the back not shown in picture)

I'm planning on Coilovers once they become available and some 20" deep concave wheels

2zkc.jpg

Edited by Luc

post-49654-0-06754500-1378244609_thumb.jpg

I am a little late to this. I purchased my Fusion in the beginning of February using the X-plan from the company I work in. I received my Fusion SE 1.6T on March 16, 2013 in White Platinum Metallic. As of right now, September 3, 2013, I have placed around 12,000 miles since I have purchased it. I am happy with the car so far.

Color/Options:

White Platinum Metallic

Beige Interior

SE Luxury Package (Fog Lamps, Leather) - Still trying to figure out what's the best leather cleaner/conditioner for these seats.

My Ford Touch W/O Navigation - Came with all the updates at the time, really had no issues or complaints with it. I have recently updated it to 3.6 and it's noticeably snappier than before.

Active Park Assist (Rear/Front Sensors, Backup Camera) - This is a godsend when you are hanging out with friends and trying to park in the city or in Queens. Plus, it's a cool toy to show off.

Ford One-Button Remote Start (Dealer Installed)

No Mods - trying to keep it stock as much as possible.

post-49654-0-06754500-1378244609_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up our Dark Side Hybrid SE yesterday and it is so nice. I thought a few people would like to see the color better. It looks very dark, very black in low light. But it is very blue and has a little sparkle in direct sunlight. It was a perfect compromise for us as the deep impact blue was too blue for me and tuxedo black was too dark for him.

We both love the push button start! Very happy so far.

ss5V5eZh.jpg

CpKwEd7h.jpg

29Xrzhjh.jpgSzfhF6bh.jpg6HZq1ajh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Been lurking around the forums for a while and decided to finally start posting.

I ordered a Deep Impact Blue 2013 Fusion SE with Start/Stop back in January and took delivery in early February. Since then have put on nearly 13,000 miles and I am really liking this car. The only doubt I have about the car is whether I should have gotten the hybrid instead of the 1.6t.

PROS:

• Looks great, the interior is really what drove me to this car versus the other midsize cars I was looking at.
  • Great handling
  • Accelerates quickly up to city speeds (Great for merging onto busy roads)
  • Quiet, by far the quietest car I've owned (but completely killed car karaoke)
  • Comfortable seats - Have driven multiple 8+ hour long trips and have been comfortable the whole time, unlike every other car I've driven for that long

CONS:

• Fuel economy - The car can get semi-decent mileage but it takes a ton of effort to do so. Even using an OBD2 sensor as a boost gauge it still takes a lot of effort. What's also bad is that I am consistently putting in 0.5-1.0 gallons more than the dashboard computer thinks I've used, so what the dash is reporting is always optimistic.
  • Auto-climate control - I personally dislike auto climate control and would have preffered a normal three dial climate system. Unfortunately it was bundled in with a lot of other features I did want. Having to do a kludgy work around to actually turn off the air conditioner is a bug that needs fixing. Using Bearcats method to turn off the air conditioner has increased my fuel economy of my normal commute route by about about 2-3 mpg.
  • The highway power of this car feels lacking. Above 50mph it seems sluggish like the transmission is hesitant to shift. Big contrast with the way the car handles at lower speeds where it feels quick.

OTHER:

• A few weeks ago I put the rear seat down and then couldn't get it back up. The middle seat belt had locked up in the fully retracted position preventing the seat from going back up. I took it to the dealer, they fixed it and while they were testing it after the fix it locked up on them a couple more times. They ordered a replacement retractor and will be installing it next week. Chalk it up to bad luck with a fauly part.
  • I like the features of MyFord Touch and on paper it sounds like a great system, but there are a few major areas that need improvement.
  • The Start/Stop feature I'm indifferent about. Using the OBD2 sensor, the reported fuel consumption at idle is .5 gallons per hour, so if gas were $3.60 a gallon I save one penny every twenty seconds (assuming the amount of gas needed to restart the car is negligible) During my normal commute the engine is stopped for at most four minutes a day which would save me at most 12 cents a day. That by itself doesn't make it seem worth the money to get add the feature, especially since I don't know the repair costs on the starter or larger battery yet. The other features that come with the start/stop, the active-grille shutters and the underbody molding, I have no way of quantifying their fuel economy gains, so I'll just have to hope that they'll eventually offset the costs of the system.

It's more of a purple... but yes.

Lady won this car in the Ford Mustang "Customizer" Give-away. She traded it and i bought it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td8QbIk32KI&feature=player_embedded

Wait, does that say she won it in March? I guess she didn't like it as much as she thought she would. Maybe she never got the hang of driving a stick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what phone cradle/holder he's using? Also, if anybody is using that.. would you recommend it? Thanks :)

it's pro-clips. I bought one. mine lost it's tightness around the swivel, and was useless after just a couple months. you buy the car attachment (specific to the car) and the phone attachment (specific to the phone) separately and have to screw them together during installation I'm pretty lousy at stuff like this and had mine apart several times, even at the screw that held the swivel, so I probably messed mine up. Your mileage may vary.