Just Because It's In The Manual...

PajamaGuy

Lesson #1 - Make sure you have the latest Owner Manual (2nd Printing is latest one published)

Lesson #2 - There's a great chart over at:http://www.ford.com/.../sync/packages/ and be advised, an Escape comes with EITHER "SYNC with MyFord" or "SYNC with MyFord Touch". With "Sync with MyFord Touch, you can get the NAV package, but that doesn't mean you have, "SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation".

Lesson #3- The seats DO NOT HEAT with remote start - the manual says " * If available" and it isn't.

Lesson #4 - AppLink and "Mobile Apps" is another " * if available" that isn't.

Lesson #5 - You can't program the driver's seat/mirrors memory into a Personal Entry Code.

Lesson #6 - SYNC/MFT/NAV still needs work, "But it ain't too shabby..."

Lesson #7 - the 2.0 4WD will beat all the rest of it's class if you use "Sport", and have cojones larger than peanuts to keep it matted. :peelout:

Lesson #8 - Including Lesson #7 a few times, I just did about 350 miles from near Boston, through southern NH, and over to western-central VT and back. 15% was interstate @ 70 MPH. Rest was 5 to 10 MPH above the limit using Cruise whenever possible. Result was 25 mpg.

...and I gotta tell you, "This car is FUN to drive! Tight, quiet, very sure-footed, quick, firm, and I love it! :woohoo:

• Like 2

Just so you know - In sport mode, the trans is still automatic, but the shift points are changed to higher RPM. Once you change gears manually via the shift button, the tranny won't auto shift again until you go back to Drive. You probably already know that, but your spouse might need a lesson... heh...heh... :bag:

Try the owner's manual.

Please forgive my curt friend...he wishes he was driving one... :cry:

The "Sport" mode is the "S" on the gear selector. It enables the manual shift buttons, and changes the automatic shift points to higher RPMs for a tad more agressive driving.. Please see page 148 of the 2nd printing of the Owner's Manual.

• Like 1

Yes I do wish I was driving one. I just have a pet peeve with people who ask questions that they could very easily answer themselves in 5 minutes just by looking at the owner's manual which they should have already read.

To me it's like sitting at your desk with a dictionary in front of you and calling someone to ask them how to spell a word. By forcing them to actually read the manual they might find answers to other things they want to know later.

You know the old saying - give a man a fish.....teach a man to fish.......

• Like 2

In the first printing of the manual they stated you could change the keypad code on the MFT screen...no such option exists. It still hasn't been corrected in the 2nd revision (page 321)

I've noticed a few eccentricities in the manual. I think the manual needs a TSB. I used to forgive Toyota with their shop manuals because I knew they were written by the Japanese back in the day and the English wasn't so decipherable. But Ford??

Lesson #6 - SYNC/MFT/NAV still needs work, "But it ain't too shabby..."

Lesson #7 - the 2.0 4WD will beat all the rest of it's class if you use "Sport", and have cojones larger than peanuts to keep it matted. :peelout:

...and I gotta tell you, "This car is FUN to drive! Tight, quiet, very sure-footed, quick, firm, and I love it! :woohoo:

I totally agree.