Don't Give Up On Your Fusion Order Just Yet...

DarkeRetribution

More and more people are starting to have second doubts on their Fusion orders and are actively beginning to seek alternatives :surrender: . I just hope you don't jump the gun just yet. You've waited what? weeks? a month? maybe three? :huh: Well I've waited 12 months as of today and I would gladly wait a little more because I'm expecting my car in early 2013 and if everything goes according to plan that means I may be driving my new Hybrid Titanium in January or February..definitely before spring break at the end of March. :lol:

:stats: *flashback* I first heard about the new fusion in December 2011 before it was even revealed to the public. At that time i was finally ready to get a brand new car for the first time and i was interested in the prius hands down because of its excellent fuel economy. I just couldnt wait until the new 2013 versions were announced..but something crossed my eye in a google search..something along the lines of "Ford estimates new fusion gets 47mpg"..and instantly my world turned upside down. Was the fusion a "real" car? It's just 3mpg less than the prius..i could take that if it means better performance and reputation than the prius. At that time Ford just released a iphone/android app that would tease the world until the big reveal at the Detroit Auto Show in January..and i was already wrapped up in excitement over this vehicle based on reviews and what i found out about the 2012 version. Just days before January 8th and the big reveal someone cracked the android/iphone app and leaked the photos on the net and, like everyone else who saw, was wowed beyong belief...but not as wowed as I would have been just two days later seeing youtube fill up with videos and images flood the net.

After that I KNEW this had to be my car. This was the car i've always wanted..it spelled luxury in its looks, technology behind the wheel, and sportiness in its performance and handeling. Much more then tin can that the prius spells. So my long, adventurous wait would begin.. As the months went on Every day...EVERY DAY i looked to the net and to youtube for ANYTHING new i didnt know about this car..information, images i've never seen, videos just posted within the last 24 hours...4 hours.. January went by...February...March..Expectations at the time were that the car would come out in late summer/early fall 2012..so i expected information to pop up everywhere..but months passed with nothing... it wasnt until around june/july that pricing and more information came out...it wasnt until august/september that the official configurator went online..my hopes of driving this car before school ended changed to driving it before Halloween.

I placed my order for the Hybrid SE August 28th...and like all of you have gone through hoops and bounds and waits and TBA's and dying for a VIN :sos: ..but i took the 8-12 week challenge for getting a newly customized hybrid and while i expected to have my car in October..my dealer forgot i had to sign the DORA and that set me back a few weeks..now im looking at before thanksgiving.. And all of this was before the recalls and cosmetic issues people are facing and finding out the different trims offered different things...i remember the whole no led red tail lights fiasco we faced in these forums a month ago.

I sighed but didnt give up because this car had it all and reviews were rushing in about how great this car was confirming all of our wildest dreams and rocketing more pre orders. when bad news started to come in like the titanium getting more than we all expected i started to have second thoughts on my se hybrid and wished a titanium version was available...i didnt wanna get another car but i tried convincing myself the se wouldnt make me regret getting it since i had fully loaded it with everything available to man...but when i found out the tail lights wouldnt even be leds, just reflectors..i was crushed. the red part i mean. only the titanium had full led tail lights in everything.. but then around 3 weeks until my car was expected to be delivered...the titanium was announced and i jumped on it!

I was sooo happy...but it would extend my wait until early 2013 as production wouldnt start until december...I DIDNT CARE...the true fusion i always thought i'd get from the pre production photos was finally available! and whats an extra 2-3 months if it means 6-8+ years of happiness? Being the maximizer that I am 'cause i dont settle for less i took the plunge and the 10+ people hoping i'd die in a car crash or fall off a cliff :rip: so they could get my hybrid se...the ONLY hybrid se in the city.. were happy lol.

Now from August 28th...It's almost christmas and I still am not driving my fusion yet...but do i despair? Nope. Do I regret my order? Nope..because i realize if i change cars sure ill be driving something new which is what i want..but its not the car i truly would of purchased if i had the choice...and fortunately i do...and so do many of you. Don't let your impatience and your dire need to drive a 2013 fusion actually keep you from owning one..these weeks are flying past...it seemed like just yesterday it was november...thanksgiving approaching..and now its almost christmas...and a week later..we'll be in January. Sure our minds and standards and expectations are being tested as Ford goes through the 1st year of production blues with recalls and other mishaps and slow downs..but none of that changes the fact that we have opted to purchase a quality, luxury midsized sedan versus the mediocre competition everyone else is driving. And backed by warranty what do we have to worry about? Honestly, if a problem arises it'll get fixed for free so who cares?

:redcard: Don't give up on your Fusion order just yet. It's been a full year and I expected to be driving over 6 months ago..whats another few weeks or a couple months when once your car arrives and you're sitting behind the wheel of it you know you've made the best choice you could have and will be turning heads. You'll look back at the past months you waited and know you made it through the fire and are sitting in your prized posession and its ALL YOURS...sucks for everyone else just now ordering cause I GOT MINE! :dance: It's been a long year and i've learned more about cars and the production process and the ordering process and so much just waiting for the day my car arrives at the dealer...and ive even been apart of this forum for months and have learned a lot..be it sometimes i feel like i'm surrounded by adults who think they know it all :stop: ..i know they're just as excited and curious about this new car and the news around it as i am. :dry:

*end flashback* So there's my story lol. Hopefully it gives you a little more inspiration to hold on longer because your wait has been nothing if not very informative and fruitful for you! :yup: Think of all the things you've learned about this vehicle and from drivers with the car already you wouldnt have if you had your sooner. It's made you come around these parts and know stuff most people who would just go to the dealer, buy the car and leave would never know... We know what to check for when our car arrives, how to tailor it customly to our needs, and even some of the press news and reviews on this car that taught us a lot. When we get ours we wont be stepping into a rocketship with 5000 buttons and not know a damn thing to do..we'll feel like..we'll i've been in this countless times with the number of pictures and videos i've seen...finally i can just dive into doing what i want to do because i know how now. Save your money and be patient. You'll have your car soon enough. :woot::victory:

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Stop with the drama. You've been waiting less than 4 months from your order date and less than 2 months from the earliest ETA.

Once again kirblo you fail to understand my English as if it is different from your own. I am not speaking from the time of ordering. I am speaking from the time I first heard about this car and knew i was going to purchase it. Waiting for order banks to open in the first place waiting for my local ford dealer to accept orders. That was since December 2011 FYI. And yes From January when it was announced to when I placed my order in August and replaced it for a higher trim in November I've been waiting. The whole point is most of the people here have only been waiting 2-4 months and didn't even think they would get this car 12 months ago. There's no point giving up on your order because if I can wait this long, they can wait an extra few weeks or so.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Its great that someone like him is so in love and addicted to the new fusion. I know i was the same way, scraping for details after the auto show and calling dealerships weekly to first test drive one. A lot of us are on this forum because we really like the product and we are in one way or another promoters of it.

I'll be more of a promoter once they fix the 1.6L recall

• Like 2