Fusion hybrid Ti - unscheduled, material hold

Pers69

Don't want to burst any bubbles, but aren't the Hybrid Titaniums part of job 2 which is thought to start Jan 7? If so, I doubt they would arrive by Valentines day, unless you live incredibly close to Hermosillo. That would only be 5 weeks from the first run.

Hey bubble butt, actually since we're all hypothetically speaking here I thought I'd add my own assumptions to the mix. Technically the 8-12 weeks from ordering to delivery involved placing your order, getting it accepted by ford, waiting in queue, getting a build date once your turn nears, having a vin, having the car built and getting the car shipped to you. The average time between getting the car sent to you from its build date is only about 2-3 weeks. Now anyone who is getting a hybrid titanium most likely ordered it already...and its been accepted by ford....and its waiting in queue.... that means all we are waiting for is a build date...and if production starts on january 7th..and we are all first in line chances are our build date will be around that time...which means...2-3 weeks after that just may well still be the last week of January the earliest dealers and some custom buyers may get their fusion hybrid titaniums.

Essentially most of the 8-12 week period is already negated for us since the car hasn't been in production yet AND we are at the front of the list ordering once they were first announced for ordering. So I'm going to hope for getting mine by Australia Day (January 26th) because I'm an ambitious being...maybe if I'm lucky I'll be able to pick it up on Mawlid Un Nabi.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Don't forget that whenever there's a new production start (just like JOB 1) they have to build 5 days straight problem free cars or they start back at the beginning. Just like JOB 1. So even though they will start on Jan 7th, they have to produce problem/issue free units before they can start shipping any units off the lot.

Ford's track record isn't living up to peoples expectations lately, so I would suggest you don't start picking any delivery dates. It will only leave you disappointed. I am speaking from experience... lol

I originally had an ETA of Nov 5th and I'm still waiting for my car...

Edited by JSKershaw
  • Like 1

Well, I am going to be officially a Hybrid owner as of tomorrow. I decided to go with my original SE Hybrid order. It was a really tough decision, and with the way work has been (long hours, lots of stress etc.), I thought it was a reward for myself. I got really lucky since I ordered it in late October and it took less than 8 weeks to arrive. When my salesman called yesterday, I thought it was about my Titanium order, but he wanted to give me a chance to purchase the SE hybrid before they put it out for sale. I was never expecting it before the New Year, especially with all the issues everyone else has had. Between the points about my work, and the $2200 savings (and I gave up the moonroof, plus I mostly likely would have had to spend moeny for new 18" rims since I was pretty bleh about the stock Titanium one) vs the Titanium, I decided I could live without the extra stuff, and use that for other things. Maybe a nice trip somewhere.

My partner and I had a long discussion at the dealership when I went to see it yesterday, and i was quite torn. I couldn't get to sleep until 1 am thinking about it, and woke back up at 3:30, and never got back to sleep. I am paying for it now with the lack of sleep, shopping,and cleaning out the car LOL.

I hope to have pictures up before Christmas. :) I know some people may say I made a mistake not waiting for the titanium (and my mom even thought I should wait, more because of winter weather though), but I have the essential goodness of the Hybrid, plus with the Appearance and MyFordTouch technology package, I have some nice features I can enjoy looking at and using. I almost want to buy a big bow and put it on the car tomorrow LOL.

• Like 2

Well, I am going to be officially a Hybrid owner as of tomorrow. I decided to go with my original SE Hybrid order.

Congrats -- My original order has been built, don't know if it's moving yet, but if it shows up and my second order is a long way off, yes it will be a tough decision. I have someone waiting to buy my car, my wife's good friend whose car has regular breakdowns and is really looking forward to getting mine since it still runs just like new at 144k miles. So it will be a tough decision, I sure hope I have a build week assigned by the time the original order shows up, or maybe if the original car arrives and is sold quickly to remove the decision factor. I'm anxious to get my car for new-car's-sake but her friend is anxious for me to get my new for replace-the-POS-sake.

Ah, choices ... choices.

I came in the market after the Hybrid Ti decision so I never had a prior order by which to be tempted.

I was tempted with bailing on the Ti to get the Dune leather interior.

Look forward to see those pics and congratulations!! Right before Christmas is sweet. Appeals to the kid in all of us. (I would skip the giant bow though / heard those suckers aren't cheap.)

• Like 1