A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

Not a rumor but on the financial report that was put out at the last Union meeting. Since the swearing in of this administration we went from over $1 million in our account to $600 thousand. Latest item to hit no pun intended is that Friday night our Chairman hit the Labor Representative in front of a dozen witnesses. He ran out of the building and was called to return for the investigation and said he would be back in 20 minutes, still has not shown back up. What has members irate on the floor is at the last Union meeting he stated anyone that fights in the plant he will not help because of CAP's bad reputation. After signing FPS, Voting to raise all of our dues, setting up his family in plum jobs it will be interesting to see what will happen now that the company has got what they wanted out of the Chairman.

• Like 1

How can anyone be surprised that Coby Millender the CAP Chairman would hit a Labor Rep(Aaron Wynn). It was just last year that his cousin and referral got in a fight on the night crew and put the man's eye out. At the time Coby was a Unit and told the member and relative to take care of him and the embarrassment that it caused our plant was enormous. I was shocked at the last meeting during his Good and Welfare Coby told the membership that if they get in a fight he would not help you and don't run to a Unit, now lets see how this works out and what their is left for him to try and save himself. The floor is all the buzz about how it will be open season on the members now that our Chairman hit a Labor representative and how angry they will be at the membership and the lack of cooperation we can expect. One thing that members are hoping is not true is why would Coby run and not come back except the fear of being drug tested by the medical department after an incident such as hitting a Labor Representative.

• Like 1

Just overheard Coby talking in the Mezz by Labor with the C-Crew Representative and he was bragging how Aaron Wynn needs to respect the Chairman and nothing would happen to him. If this is the new Team concept we are in for a rough ride. I can only imagine the lack of respect the company is going to have for the local UAW now. The company has MBA's and Masters and we have this type of thug representative, this is not good for the membership.

I text Coby back and forth and told him the floor was only talking about him hitting a Labor Representative, he sent me a text that Grant was a sore loser and this was his fault. I had my issues with the former Chairman and supported Coby but for him to blame Grant 6 months after the election confirmed where there is smoke there is fire.

I text Coby back and forth and told him the floor was only talking about him hitting a Labor Representative, he sent me a text that Grant was a sore loser and this was his fault. I had my issues with the former Chairman and supported Coby but for him to blame Grant 6 months after the election confirmed where there is smoke there is fire.

Truth of the matter at Chicago Assembly. I was going to avoid addressing the nonsense on this forum but due to how many of my members are reading it I must set the record straight. No one hit a Labor Representative at Chicago Assembly especially the Leader of the Plant. The Chairman has had nothing to due with the Union Fund going from over 1 million to 600 thousand in 4 months. It is true I was swore in during this point of time but Carlo runs the hall and not the Assembly Plant, the Chair is in charge of the Plant. Another clarification is that it is true the Election Chair was off on Union Time for over 3 and a half months after the election but again Carlo runs the hall and the Chairman has nothing to due with that part of the Union. It is being put out there that family members have been set up at the plant of the Leader of the plant, it is true that some of family members have been put in Appointed and other jobs but this has always been the case and I need individuals that I can trust and rely on. As far as previous leaders of the Plant we have been on the same page and if one checks he endorsed me in my race, so for those trying to divide us it will not work. Whatever rumors are said about what was known in regards to the reason the election Chair was granted and paid to be off after the election the Leader of the Assembly Plant had Nothing to due with it.

• Like 1

Okay Roadhog or I will say Chairman lawyer, all knowing one if you I mean the Chairman knows nothing about these topics why was he on the same ticket and he did stand up at Sub-Council and voted to raise our Union dues. So to put all of this on Carlo is a bit much. Good try but it is to late.

Truth of the matter at Chicago Assembly. I was going to avoid addressing the nonsense on this forum but due to how many of my members are reading it I must set the record straight. No one hit a Labor Representative at Chicago Assembly especially the Leader of the Plant. The Chairman has had nothing to due with the Union Fund going from over 1 million to 600 thousand in 4 months. It is true I was swore in during this point of time but Carlo runs the hall and not the Assembly Plant, the Chair is in charge of the Plant. Another clarification is that it is true the Election Chair was off on Union Time for over 3 and a half months after the election but again Carlo runs the hall and the Chairman has nothing to due with that part of the Union. It is being put out there that family members have been set up at the plant of the Leader of the plant, it is true that some of family members have been put in Appointed and other jobs but this has always been the case and I need individuals that I can trust and rely on. As far as previous leaders of the Plant we have been on the same page and if one checks he endorsed me in my race, so for those trying to divide us it will not work. Whatever rumors are said about what was known in regards to the reason the election Chair was granted and paid to be off after the election the Leader of the Assembly Plant had Nothing to due with it.

Outstanding Post.... Hog.

I completely support every word when it comes to the seperation of powers "President & Chairman". The whole movement for separating the two offices was to generate better representation for our members. Our current Chairman, by being in the plant as much as I see him, is utilizing this separation of the offices (Prersident & Chairman) to his best advantage for his membership.

Roadhog, was the expence (lost time) ever voted on or presented to the membership?

Decker

Edited by Decker

Great point Decker, and the answer is a no! The President Carlo Bishop Paid the Election Chairman Kim Finley for 3 and a half months after the elections were over and we did not vote on it in the Executive Board(I have copies of the minutes of course) and it was not brought up in the membership meetings(I have copies of those minutes also). ChiTown has an obvious anger at the Local but the fact that we did vote for a Union Dues increase at Sub-Council I do not run from but believe it is important as was said in the Good and Welfare at the membership meeting to build good will with the IUAW. The fact that the leadership was the only group to stand and vote for the increase shows that we are the leaders from all the assembly plants with an eye at the future. Just because 2 individuals run on the same ticket does not mean that they are responsible for each others actions.

Great point Decker, and the answer is a no! The President Carlo Bishop Paid the Election Chairman Kim Finley for 3 and a half months after the elections were over and we did not vote on it in the Executive Board(I have copies of the minutes of course) and it was not brought up in the membership meetings(I have copies of those minutes also). ChiTown has an obvious anger at the Local but the fact that we did vote for a Union Dues increase at Sub-Council I do not run from but believe it is important as was said in the Good and Welfare at the membership meeting to build good will with the IUAW. The fact that the leadership was the only group to stand and vote for the increase shows that we are the leaders from all the assembly plants with an eye at the future. Just because 2 individuals run on the same ticket does not mean that they are responsible for each others actions.

Once again, I agree completely.

Prior to the taking of any office members run together (political affiliation). After taking office the elected members should have only one "ticket" or "slate".... the memberships ticket.

I find it interesting that the E-Board nor the membership was involved with the acceptance of or dis approval of the union funds. (lost time) Why would the checks and vouchers be processed, much less be signed without some form of approval? Roadhog, you understand that once the checks are drawn on the treasury with the proper signatures and accompanied with the signed voucher the only process in question is one of the fiduciary responsibilities of the signing members of the E-Board? These members will/would have to state for the record why the funds were processed in the improper constitutional manner. No question would/will be directed at or asked of any members that ran with the same political affiliation, as the members of the E-Board in question. (signing E-Board members) The only question I could think of is if the E-Board was aware of the proceedings and/or gave their concent. Which you already answered.

Interesting.

Decker

Edited by Decker

So instead of putting out a retracted Sub-Council report in which our Chairman Coby Millender, President Carlo Bishop, Aaron Straker and Fred Weems explain to the membership why they were the only 4 to stand up and propose raising every UAW members union dues they took the other path; today they have a meeting with all the reps and tried to chastise us for not being on the team and backing them up saying we should show unity. The 4 of them are being smiled to by members but they are getting beat down like no one has at Chicago Assembly in a decade. The most vocal Unit in the meeting Fred Weems or aka ninja most of us have not seen him in 2 months, a golf outing. They ask all of us the number of members in our districts and it turns out they have the bright idea to redistrict to eliminate the Skilled Trades Representative Mike Marzillo. They have the thought that eliminating the skilled trades rep and giving the members to other reps will fly. I certainly am not an expert but over the weekend they moved his things out of his office and gave the space to the company, this made the Dream Team 1 big laughing stalk not only with the members but the company also. Most of us were elected and wanted to try and unify the membership instead the moral is as low as it has ever been, rumors of the C-Crew being eliminated in March and the response from our leaders is we need to be 1. When you have dug yourself into a hole the best thing to do is stop digging, well this squad asked for a bigger shovel!!!!!! And we will not even start to talk about the 400 thousand spent out of our local fund in 4 months, but the Feds will figure that one out, we have a huge mess to figure out on our own.

Setting the record straight again. TigerFan the leadership stood up and explained to the members we voted to raise everyone's dues but we need the help of the IUAW. As was stated in the Good and Welfare the company will not cooperate or give us anything we ask for to help the membership. So how much more of an explaination do you need, all those above said they voted to raise everyone's dues in the UAW and we will explain it to all of the delegates and stand up in support of raising the dues at the Constitutional Convention in the Spring.

Setting the record straight again. TigerFan the leadership stood up and explained to the members we voted to raise everyone's dues but we need the help of the IUAW. As was stated in the Good and Welfare the company will not cooperate or give us anything we ask for to help the membership. So how much more of an explaination do you need, all those above said they voted to raise everyone's dues in the UAW and we will explain it to all of the delegates and stand up in support of raising the dues at the Constitutional Convention in the Spring.

(posted by roadhog, just a short time ago on a different topic)

"Decker, sounds like TT is a book of knowledge. He must have forgot that the same group that is in charge of the IUAW now were the authors of the 2009 concession package to give up the right to strike. What is even more amazing and sad is that Chicago Assembly's Chairman, President and Bargaining Team went along with putting a motion at Sub-Council on the floor to raise all UAW members dues and they were the only ones from any plant to do so. These individuals signed for the 2009 concession package which gave up the right to strike, and no nonsense about the company being in dire straits, the day after the vote failed the company posted over $1 billion in profits. This is going to be some legacy for our Chairman, President and Bargaining Team. They certainly are going to be popular with the hundred thousand plus UAW members paying on average $344.00 dollars per year in increased dues."

roadhog... changing one`s stance on a subject or issue is a guaranteed right of every person. Because I look for the facts and sometimes find them after I make a statement or post a responce, I can more than understand changing your position on a topic or issue. Just wondering what has made the change in your position from just a week or so ago?

I can understand supporting our bargaining unit and I do but, I personally can`t support raising the memberships dues at this time. My concern is whether or not this would be a good business decision or just watching the money be mismanaged as the records have been showing for some time now. roadhog, I have proven to listen and read the responces that you have given so, with that said I would like to understand your new found veiws or information that would give this old long hair a better veiw/understanding of the subject. It seems by your post you have a clearer veiw/understanding of the issue.

"the leadership stood up and explained to the members we voted to raise everyone's dues but we need the help of the IUAW" Its been many...many moon`s since I last sat in a class room so if I misinterpreted your responce please just correct the old long hair. This type of responce is in a defensive mode, correct? Are you defending the leadership as a loyal member or are you defending the leadership as a member of the leadership? Secondly, are you stating that the leadership has agreed to the raise in our due`s in exchange for IUAW help?

I was just wondering because if in fact you are part of our leadership then I can state with completey honesty I support you. If you have some form of insight/imformation to back up your changed stance then it would be a service to a supporting member to share your insight and/or information. If the IUAW is holding back on assisting any local membership in exchange for supporting the rising of our dues then, please share any insight on that subject you have.

I have to state, I like a lot of members can and do hold it as a right to agree with those we support and disagree with those same leaders. Whether or not, you are a member of our leadership, roadhog, I respectfully disagree with your new stance, until which time I find that clearer view/insight of this topic that you have become aware of, I will have to take the stance based on the facts that are availible to me. I can not support throwing more money at a system that to date shows very little, if anything in the way of benefits from the investments the membership has been suppling the IUAW. Our dues.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

roadhog;

Posted Yesterday, 01:01 PM

roadhog, are you preparing to be a Con Con delegate?

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

Decker, Roadhog has had more changes in direction than my father on our family vacations that he said using a Rand McNally was a waste of time. As you said if the IUAW has made we shall say a threat than as the leaders of the Plant they claim to be A. Tell the membership and present the facts. B. Let the membership decide if it is a bluff. Maybe there is substantial proof that warrants the flip flop(I was against the Union dues increase before I stood up at Sub-Council and voted for a Union dues increase). A point that Roadhog makes that I like you completely agree on is that for our local balance to go from 1.1 million June 23rd to $628 thousand as of the reporting at tomorrows Union meeting, this is the sole responsibility of the President and Financial Secretary and Trustees unless this was due to votes that the Chairman and Units participated in the E-Board. For those of you playing at home our Union balance has dropped $472,000 in 5 months. This report shows that the local for the 5 consecutive month is spending substantially more than we bring in, a recipe for insolvency. I have one question where is the activist aka former Secretary who was hot on a Paint Repairman's tail, o I forgot he signed many of the checks with the President to the Election Chair(was paid for 3 and a half months after the voting stopped), Recording Secretary amongst many others on the gravy train that has put our local on a path of bankruptcy. But Decker as you know all to well their plan is to say bring up things from previous officials months and years previous to move the spotlight off of their mismanagement. Problem with this is that like you Decker the knowledge of the facts and emails that show 5 months of disaster for this local, it becomes more clear why these leaders have voted for and supported destructive decisions that the IUAW told them to support.

• Like 1

Decker, Roadhog does not even need to campaign for con con delagate, I can personally say as I am sure you can that members on the floor can not wait to show how happy they are with them voting to increase our dues. I believe Marx called this crew in his day "usefull idiots".

• Like 1

For all those that want to talk smack about the decisions by the Local 551 Leadership the elimination of tag relief should send a message about what is on the horizon. So to try and save the plant product and future the Leadership has had to take tough votes upon our shoulders, such as the Chairman, President and Bargaining Team standing up at Sub-Council and voting for a modest Union dues increase(only $344.00 per member per year). Much of the criticism we face is from a certain former official and Skilled Trades that only think of themselves. We will continue to lead even if we have to stand alone to do it, and yes Decker not only myself but the whole team will be running for Constitutional Convention where we will proudly stand and support our vote to raise dues!