A New Low at Chicago Assembly!

roadhog

What needs to be talked about with regards to the FPS groups is that production workers will no longer get a break when the line goes down. They will be given tasks to do such as de-slaging, fixing air and water leaks and other repairs and PM's now preformed by the skilled trades.

Dumbfounded, we will break the facts down for you one more time. 2 voting machines next to each other and 2000 votes on 1 machine and 400 on the other, candidates received 3% of the vote on the machine with 2000 votes and 47% of the vote on the machine with 400 votes, 17% higher than the other candidates foer that office, an election Chair being carried Union code for over 3 months after elections are over, these are facts in black and white that the Department of Labor has. I know the truth is a tough thing for you to handle right now, but it won't sting as much down the line!

What's tough to handle? You don't have any facts other than you lost, that's the only fact I see. How are you going to feel if(and its not going to happen) there was a reelection and you get your ass handed to you again. Then again I am sure the name Chitown won't be attached to your real name so nobody will know who the crybaby is on the ballot. Sorry I couldn't resist playing your stupid games of fake names. Find a friend or a counselor or ESSP rep, talk through the fact your not as important as you think you are, come to grips with reality and move on. I wish you the best of luck resolving the fact that you were voted out.

The facts are in the post above yours so if you don't see them the SVS stand will be in the Mezz in 2 weeks. If the election was legitimate you would not be talking about winners and losers in the re-election. As I stated it stings now but you will get better with time. O yea why not just count the ballots if a candidate got his ass handed to them, it would be a quick count.

Chitown, I don't even know why you call yourself that, your not from Chicago. False accusations don't sting, you keep saying terms like scared, sting blah blah blah. If you really knew how the membership felt, oh wait a minute you do know how they feel the election showed how the membership feels. That's it, that's all that can be said about it. The election happened, the results are in and 551 is moving forward with the people the membership elected. Let it be brother let it be, support your officials instead of continuing to try and tear them down. You must be a tool of the company to cause strife amongst the union to try and weaken the membership. Get over it brother, get over it, come to terms with it and move on support your elected union officials.

If you were correct then A.out of 4 post you have not disputed 1 fact, because you can't and B. Why were the officials walking up to members all day yesterday asking who they will vote for in the re-election. Dumbfounded, this tells me you are in real denial, your team has been campaigning for the last week. The members know it because they have been commenting that they did not see the team for the first 3 months.

Lies lies and more lies, stop with the lying. You can't reason with a liar. You lost by a large margin and it hurts, I get it,I kind of understand why your lashing out. A true test of a man's character is during times such as this. Your failing the test miserably. You are elected by the people and your removed through the voting process by the people. The membership realized they made a huge mistake voting you in so they voted you out. You keep referring to arguing facts, that's the only fact there is. The only one, but you can't see that, instead of being a man and accepting it your acting worse than a child. Your hurting yourself and 551 by continuing to live in this torment. Stop playing dirty politics(spreading lies under a fake name is dirty politics in case you didn't know) move on. Trust me politics is not your strong suit give it up.

ChiTown, you sound as if you are certain about the outcome and only the Department of Labor knows what the outcome will be. Dumbfounded, you keep telling ChiTown he is lying and maybe he is and maybe he isn't but he is right you have not addressed one of the issues that if you were at the Union meetings lately everyone at the meetings is aware of. What I love is one of you will be proven wrong and we will know soon. High stakes poker.

The only fact to argue in this forum, that I have said over and over is the fact you're spreading lies anonymously on a website. Oh I forgot the most important fact we have new union officials. It's a new day stop trying to bring negative attention. We have had enough of that the last three years. Roadhog why would you expect me to adress what you guys or (gals) call facts in this forum. There is definitely something wrong with that logic. Drop letters, fake names on websites get real that's how you want to conduct yourselves that's sad. See how well its worked out for you so far. I can't even laugh that's how sad it really is.

When I thought I had seen everything a new one at CAP. The oasis by the door line has the DROTS posted of the Election Chair who was on the dole for at least 3 months after the voting ended, and not sure what to make of this but the Rec Secratary is also being paid Union business. Again the sheets were on the board at 1st break and the Team Leader has photos so now Dunbfounded walk to the oasis and take a look and don't jump but answer why was the Election Chair paid out of our money for months after the voting ended? This will be an interesting Union meeting!

Thanks for the heads up, a few of us from the body shop just walked over and the DROTS are still on the wall of the oasis, one member made the joke that dumbfounded is the Bagdad Bob and even when they look at the sheets would deny they are real. Somebody has some explaining to do!

Many people complain about Chicago but I must start by saying I have enjoyed most of the members and the fellow tradesman I work with embraced me with open arms. With that being said the last 4 months has been the most disturbing in my 23 years as a UAW member. The following reasons explain the previous statement, I have voted in 7 elections and never have I seen the open corruption that was displayed in the last one. As I went to vote I was directed to a particular voting machine, election officials being paid for months by the winners of the elections after the elections were finished, when one added up the vote totals from the election, the numbers did not add up(and no cracks about trades having plenty of time to look at the vote sheets), a President that bypassed a resume such as mine for an appointed spot and gave it to a member with 6 months seniority, 43 thousand dollars of lost time being paid out last month alone as the Excused Absence method of quieting the troops. On the bright side I have a hard working Skilled Trades Rep that tries to give information to us but against the memberships vote was not allowed to go to sub-council. Then added on top of this you have the Department of Labor investigating the elections and investigations of our finances, from just my experience it is going to get bad before it gets better!

• Like 1

Tigerfan, hilarious you just made your account a few days ago, your probably UAW12 or Chitown spouting the same garbage. When I voted I didnt see anyone being directed to certain voting machine. Give it up this is getting ridiculous, this whole thing is tired. If you had some real proof of wrong doing you wouldn't be on a website with fake names. You guys are a joke, the same 2 or 3 people on here trying to make Chicago look bad. Find something else to do!!

dumbfounded this type of form is for the free exchange of ideas and thoughts. You ridicule TigerFan because he started his account just a few days ago but so did you. This does not mean your ideas are to be ridiculed, make your argument and please calling others a liar is not an argument it is like my child telling their sibling liar liar pants on fire. If you were at the last 2 Union meetings you would know all the ideas that TigerFan presented were also brought up by members. And lastly to ridicule fake names, is your given name dumbfounded? Local 551 has some serious issues but ignoring them will not make them go away or help our local get stronger. So please address issues if you can with facts that rebut the arguments by others on this thread, but calling them a liar just shows your insecurity.

Roadhog you are correct on a few of your points. A free forum to share ideas, WOW! What a statement. Insecurity, you must be a psychiatrist. That whole free forum, sharing ideas concept you are speaking of, I don't see that from you or UAW12 or Chitown. I see accusations finger pointing and embellished stories. The reason for calling UAW12 and Chitown liars is because they are let's call it like it is. Would you prefer howdy doo dee and maybeline. Roadhog how do you know I haven't been at the union meetings? All part of the embellished stories perhaps? On this thread there isn't any "ISSUES" to address. Sorry

Interesting event at work today at Chicago Assembly, the Bargaining Unit approached me and asked how everything was going? I told him that I was upset that he had voted to increase union dues, along with the other Units, President and Chairman. He told me that is why Jimmy Settles was coming in to discuss the issues this Monday thru Wed. I ask why they wanted to throw Jimmy Settles under the bus when 3 weeks ago they had voted for the increase, he said when they voted for the increase they could not hear what they were voting on and did not know the specifics. We got into a heated discussion about how they could vote for a dues increase when we had not had a raise in 9 years and Jimmy Settles did not vote for the increase our officials did and they were the only ones to stand up and do so. What he said next was disturbing, that the former Chairman was in Labor and he was not there but heard a member was being miss-treated and stepped in and security was called on him. I asked him what this had to do with him along with the rest of our officials voting to take more money out of our pockets, and if it were true about the former official standing up for the member is that not what should happen and why one of the officials that wanted to take more money out of our pockets should have been there. I asked if this was the unity he had been preaching by throwing the former Chairman under the bus and why was he acting scared of him, he mumbled something about a re-election and he walked off and this was the end of the discussion, should be an interesting visit this coming week.

Wow what an interesting story. Only a small kernal of truth. Is this one of those based loosely on a true story soap operas? I must say your stories sure give me a chuckle, I laugh harder and harder at each one. This story sounds like a child wrote it, you have to read really hard between the lines to find the truths in this story. I have to say you have a real way of twisting the truth into something that's not even close to what really happens. Examine yourself, you want to lead this membership? What am I thinking you did lead this membership, right into the toilet.

Edited by dumbfounded

Well everyone in Skilled Trades knows who dumbfounded is now. We were joking that we will never rob a bank and have him drive the car, he would spill the beans on himself and not have a clue he had done so. Was at the Hall today and the V.P. of the UAW was present and to his credit my 2 questions were answered, was FPS being implemented at Chicago Assembly now and had our Chairman, President, and Units voted for the Union dues increase. The answer was a big yes to both.. I thanked him for his honesty and now this is ! Tradesman that is spreading the word, how we need to vote locally.

Ok "tigerfan" A.K.A. UAW12, you figured me out oh no I am scared now. You have no idea who I am. First off I wont respond to the idiotic Rob a bank scenario cause its a stupid analogy. Do you actually think your going to stop FPS from coming to CAP? If you think you can tell me oh great one what you would do to stop it? So your saying a plant in CAPs condition should fight against Ford and IUAW on something like FPS? Your real smart, so you closed one plant now you want to close this one? Man I need to listen to you cause your full of wisdom and knowledge. Let me apologize for ever doubting your intentions and integrity. LOL you guys give me low class entertainment.

Dumbfounded, sorry to burst your bubble but DTP is still open and thriving. And as far as stopping FPS the only 2 individuals that can stop the program is the Plant Manager or the Plant Chairman and I am neither and we in trades know you are not also. By making the statement a plant in our condition you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book "sign and give this up or we are closing". At DTP it worked, at OHAP it worked, and now at CAP it worked! Look at all the plants that have not fallen for the oldest trick in the book and guess what they are open and thriving. The difference is seasoned leaders who know that Ford Motor makes product placement decisions on 1 factor, profitability! Wixon, Atlanta, Norfolk, Lorain, St. Louis amongst a big list of parts facilities signed and went along with every program dejour and guess what they not only closed but it sped up the process, it is not rocket science but economics. The company is eating our lunch and will continue to as long as the mentality is as yours that you just need to give up 1 more thing to save product and jobs. In a period of profits that Ford has never seen before it is pathetic that the concession caucus still has a voice, but at CAP with the vote to increase Union dues by the President, Chairman and Units I can tell you the tolerance for these individuals is on thin ice to say the least.

• Like 1

A terminated employee is brought back due to the merits of the grievance and the company not following the contract. If the new process is to implement a program (FPS) which eliminates work rules and safe guards for over 4000 members to circumvent the process of arguing the merits of the case then we have paid the ransom of the hostage takers. And 9 members are returning Monday well 29 have been fired in the last 2 and a half weeks. This gets worse day by day, but all that the membership needs to do is take a look at the last names of the returning members and who they are related to and connected to and it says it all! A New Low at Chicago Assembly.

• Like 1