2013 Fusion Ordering Delay?

Hey all!

Just bought my first new car (what an experience!). I ordered it on 12/10/12 but was recently told by the dealer that I missed the 2 week break that manufacturers go on during the holidays. Does anyone have any info on when this is over? He quoted me the standard 8-10 weeks the day I ordered which, from my research, seems to never happen so I'm guessing it'll be 10-12 weeks from whenever the break is over. I'm getting anxious so any info on it would be aweseom

Anyways, here are the specs/pricing for those that are interested:

2013 Ford Fusion SE, Sterling Gray

2.0L EcoBoost

Luxury Package (205A)

Tech/MyFord Touch Package (14K)

Reverse Sensing

Moonroof

All-Weather Floor Mats

18" Painted Luxury Wheels

Base X-Plan price was ~$28,800...got the $1000 Ford rebate and the $750 private cash coupon...then $75 processing fee, $120 for tags, and $900 in taxes brought me right around $28,100.

I just want to get my hands on this puppy!

There are several on here that have waited a lot longer than 8-10 weeks, however a few that got them sooner than that... browse through various threads and you'll see who the happy users and those who are at the end of their ropes.

Looks like you have a pretty common order, so common sense says that yours will not be an issue -- but ask the "end of the rope" users and they will tell you that common sense went out the window long ago.

Have you looked around online for dealer stock that meets your needs? There are a lot of SE models on dealer lots in the DC area, according to the dealers' online inventories, anyway.

You chose a very nice configuration, FusionNewbie!

Ford's latest production bulletin shows an order to delivery time range of 12 - 14 weeks for 2013 Fusion, with the following notes:

• 18" Wheels/Tires may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks
  • Orders requesting Ginger Ale (JY) paint will not be delivered before February. Changing the exterior color is recommended.
  • 1.6L Engine may increase lead time by 4 weeks or more

You can review production updates and plant downtime at Donlen's site:

Edited by aneekr

Hey all!

Just bought my first new car (what an experience!). I ordered it on 12/10/12 but was recently told by the dealer that I missed the 2 week break that manufacturers go on during the holidays. Does anyone have any info on when this is over? He quoted me the standard 8-10 weeks the day I ordered which, from my research, seems to never happen so I'm guessing it'll be 10-12 weeks from whenever the break is over. I'm getting anxious so any info on it would be aweseom

2.0L EcoBoost

Luxury Package (205A)

Reverse Sensing

Moonroof

All-Weather Floor Mats

Base X-Plan price was ~$28,800...got the $1000 Ford rebate and the $750 private cash coupon...then $75 processing fee, $120 for tags, and $900 in taxes brought me right around $28,100.

Can I ask why you just didn't get a Titanium, I found one with a moonroof but no All Weather mats and it is $29,138 x-plan before your rebates and taxes. Im sure a dealer could find one exactly like you want. I would have looked earlier but Ford was updating the incentives so I couldn't search X-Plan price. A Titanium will have better resale value than a super loaded SE. The difference in price will be made up when you go to sell it, black book value is based on model trim line, at the end of the day your car is a SE.

That being said enjoy it - That color is by far the best looking on the Fusion.

Edited by jasonj80

Is there a longer lead time for the manual? I just ordered the fusion se in deep impact blue with the six speed and the tech package.

I don't think the manual transmission itself entails a longer lead time for 2013 Fusion orders, but it is only available with the 1.6L engine which may increase lead times by 4 weeks or more according to the December 17, 2012 production bulletin.

Can I ask why you just didn't get a Titanium, I found one with a moonroof but no All Weather mats and it is $29,138 x-plan before your rebates and taxes. Im sure a dealer could find one exactly like you want. I would have looked earlier but Ford was updating the incentives so I couldn't search X-Plan price. A Titanium will have better resale value than a super loaded SE. The difference in price will be made up when you go to sell it, black book value is based on model trim line, at the end of the day your car is a SE.

That being said enjoy it - That color is by far the best looking on the Fusion.

Hmm...interesting. In all honesty I tried to take a practical approach to buying this car so I went with the mid level trim line and just selecting the things I wanted. Didn't really think about resale value. If there was a titanium model that has the specs I want and is within a reasonable difference from the price I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Hypothetically - can I "cancel" my order and use the $500 deposit towards a different vehicle? Or do I lose the deposit?

Hmm...interesting. In all honesty I tried to take a practical approach to buying this car so I went with the mid level trim line and just selecting the things I wanted. Didn't really think about resale value. If there was a titanium model that has the specs I want and is within a reasonable difference from the price I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Hypothetically - can I "cancel" my order and use the $500 deposit towards a different vehicle? Or do I lose the deposit?

You shouldn't lose your deposit either way.

I have an odd one here, I spoke with my local dealer and he had invoiced a car already like the one I want (2013 fusion titanium) and it shows that it has been built already and is ready to ship and I was wondering if anyone knows how long shipping from mexico usually takes.

Once it is actually loaded (assigned a railcar number) it usually takes about 10 days. Mine took 8 days - some may take longer depending on where you are at. I see you are in Missouri. If I remember correctly when mine left the plant it was in St. Louis in three days. Then you have the unload time from whatever railyard to your dealer.

Edited by hermans

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all!

2.0L EcoBoost

Luxury Package (205A)

Reverse Sensing

Moonroof

All-Weather Floor Mats

Hey all!

2.0L EcoBoost

Luxury Package (205A)

Reverse Sensing

Moonroof

All-Weather Floor Mats

l

Found out today that my order has been upgraded to a priority number 1 (from 10) and should be picked up by a manufacturer soon...fingers crossed!

Try (www.researchmaniacs.com).....it allows you to check on your vehicle. It was accurate to the day when my 2013 Taurus was delivered. Hope that helps! (Thanks for buying a Ford product!)

Edited by bobbyd