Has Anyone Taken Their Door Apart?

Escapism

Just wondering if any of you have taken either the driver or passenger front interior door panel off. I noticed my ambient lighting is not working in the door handle and lower door pocket of the passenger front door. SEL and Titanium models have this in both front doors. The lighting turns red when you open a door, which is a nice touch.

I'm thinking the harness came loose or didn't get hooked up from the get go. I'm sure if I pop of the door panel I could solve this myself, but wanted to ask all of you first. In my previous vehicle (RAV4) I replaced the actuator for the lock mechanism, which involved stripping the door down almost all the way, including the window track. So I am not a total stranger to this kind of stuff.

Or I just waitt until my 10,000 service (currently 5600) and have the dealer do it.

Edited by Escapism

Interesting, my lighting turns Ice Blue (to provide maximum lighting when entering or exiting) - when a door opens.

Yes, mine is ice blue also when the door is shut. For example, when I first walk to my locked car and unlock it, all the lights come on. When I open the drivers door and look at the light in the door handle and lower door storage pocket, they are red. As soon as I close the door they turn ice blue. If I open the door at any time, engine running or not, they go red. Even if I turn on the ambient lighting, then open the door, they turn red. They always go back to ice blue when the door is closed. Didn't play with the other colors, but I would bet no matter what color ambient lighting you are using, the door lights go red when you open a door.

Edited by Escapism

:hysterical:

Too true. One of the few advantages I've found to owning an older Ford: I can take the door panels out of my Mustang by doing nothing more than unscrewing 4 philips head screws.

The door panels have never been off my 68 Mustang, but I think even I could do it.