Dune door panels different on Ford.com

expresspotato

It's just the difference between a render of a pre-production vs the production model. Obviously things can change before going into production. That being said, I like the look of the render from the configurator a little better, as it gives some nice contrast on the door.

It's just the difference between a render of a pre-production vs the production model. Obviously things can change before going into production. That being said, I like the look of the render from the configurator a little better, as it gives some nice contrast on the door.

I agree, it would have been nice to keep that in the production modesl

The first picture was taken at an Auto show before production started. It has the Sony Audio, which you can't get with a Dune enterior. The enterior rendering from the Ford site also doesn't show the door panels as they are being shipped. Attached is a photo of my Hybrid with a Dune enterior. I prefer it to the black section shown on Ford.com.

post-49037-0-71075300-1357948607_thumb.jpg

Attached is a photo of my Hybrid with a Dune enterior. I prefer it to the black section shown on Ford.com.

FWIW, I also prefer the Dune doors as actually shipped than the configurator picture on Ford's web site. I think the configurator picture actually had too much constrast on the door when taking into account the black carpet. But it all comes down to personal taste.

Expresspotato, I much prefer the Dune interior to the black interior. My local dealer didn't have any cars with Dune interiors, which made it a little tricky to really know what it would look like and if I was making the right choice. You can see pictures of my car with the Dune interior at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51554-new-fusion-owner-pics-and-impressions/page-10&do=findComment&comment=822738, and my reasons for preferring the Dune interior at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51474-upgrade-se-tail-lights/page-5&do=findComment&comment=820334.

- Troy