Ford to add over 2,000 new Salaried Jobs in U.S.

I can't see how Flat Rock could have any space left with the Fusion, Taurus, and MKS being added there over the next 2 years or so.
First, I don't believe that 100% of Fusion production will move there. Just enough to relieve some pressure on Hermosillo.

At the moment the demand is for C sized vehicles not D size. Again, this is the point of flexible manufacturing.

Couldn't Ford add some Focus and/or C-Max production to Wayne Assembly?
Wayne still as stamping operations for the current Focus and some other vehicles. Any assembly tooling there is left over from the previous version of the Focus.

Could they rip that out and add another line ? Yes, but IMHO, it is highly unlikely.

Let's not forget that the rumor mill says Flex and MkT are "dead man walking". 2015MY could be their last. Edge and MkX will not keep that plant at full volume.

Edited by theoldwizard

I didn't say 100% of Fusion production was moving to FR. I know it will be a second plant. I'm also thinking about Oakville's future. If Ford is working on a North American style minivan...it will go there.

The logical course would be for S-Max and Galaxy EUCDs to evolve into three North American Ford vehicles, Edge, Explorer and Flex replacements

I didn't say 100% of Fusion production was moving to FR. I know it will be a second plant. I'm also thinking about Oakville's future. If Ford is working on a North American style minivan...it will go there.
IMHO, highly unlikely !

The logical course would be for S-Max and Galaxy EUCDs to evolve into three North American Ford vehicles, Edge, Explorer and Flex replacements
Remember they cancel the Grand C-Max in the US because it was to much like a minivan !

If the passenger version of the Transit Connect (called Tourneo Connect in EU) sells well, I could see maybe the Galaxy. I believe Flex is a "dead man waling" and while an Edge replacement would like be built off of the EUCD platform, it would likely have a "top hat" unique to the US.

They didn't cancel the Grand C-Max because it was a mini-minivan. They canceled it because they decided they wanted to focus on the C-Max Hybrid and offer a dedicated Hybrid model. I still think Ford should offer a North American style minivan to sell here, Canada, and China. I bet they could sell 100,000 of them eventually spread between those three markets.

They didn't cancel the Grand C-Max because it was a mini-minivan. They canceled it because they decided they wanted to focus on the C-Max Hybrid and offer a dedicated Hybrid model. I still think Ford should offer a North American style minivan to sell here, Canada, and China. I bet they could sell 100,000 of them eventually spread between those three markets.

There will be a Transit Connect Wagon coming out which would suit the market. I do wish there was a Grand C-Max here however with the Hybrid and the TCW, I can't see the justification.